Like all types of travel-related gear, there are so many different travel wallets on the market. They’re available in a wide variety of sizes, styles, and looks, and can offer an assortment of features.
So how do you know which wallet you should choose? To take the guess work out of finding the best travel wallet, we decided to do the legwork for you. After scouring the internet, reading through dozens of descriptions, comparing dozens of types, and reading through countless customer reviews, we narrowed down the options to what we believe are the very best travel wallets that currently available.
In this guide, you’ll find a review of our top choices, which highlights the features and pros and cons of each one. We’ve also included a buyer’s to share some of the key factors that you should take into consideration before you choose a travel wallet. There’s even a FAQ section that answers some of the most important questions about travel wallets.
With the information presented in this guide, you should be able to find the best travel wallet to suit your specific needs.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Travel Wallet Reviews
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Travel Wallet Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Travel Wallet FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
To start our review, we decided to highlight three of our very best picks, including the best overall, best premium, and best budget travel wallets. We understand that not everyone will have the time to read through this entire review, which is why we included this section so that you can quickly find out about our top choices.
Best Pick: Zoppen RFID Travel Wallet
- DURABLE QUALITY -- Constructed of High-Density Nylon fabric, Stone-Wash, Water-Proof
- RFID BLOCKING PROTECT -- Safe your privacy and protect your personal information with NO-Skimming unauthorized scan under frequence 13.56 Mhz
- PLENTY ROOM -- 2 passport pouch, 1 boarding pass pocket, 1 pen holder, 2 zipper bags, 6 card slots, 1 mesh bag, 1 keychain (removable)
- EASY ORGANIZATION -- plenty space for storing your travel essentials such as passport, boarding pass, tickets, invoice, pen, checkbook, money, coin, keys and shipping documents
- VERSATILELY -- use removable Wristlet could easy carry-on with you and removable keychain also does the job for your convenience
An excellent travel wallet should be well constructed and feature plenty of compartments to securely hold all of your essentials. The Zoppen RFID Travel Passport Wallet definitely meets all of those criteria, which is why it’s our pick for the best overall travel wallet. Made of high-density nylon fabric, it’s extremely durable and waterproof, too.
Premium Pick: Pacsafe V200
- RFID blocking compact wallet with Dyneema webbing strap; ideal compact passport wallet that blocks the transmission of sensitive information and gives peace of mind when traveling
- Hard-to-cut Dyneema webbing strap can be worn around the wrist or secured to the interior of a bag to help prevent pickpockets
- Internal organization includes a zippered note slot, six card slots, a boarding pass slip pocket, and two side slop pockets
Security is the name of the game when it comes to storing your important documents, currency, credit cards, and other vital sensitive information. The Pacsafe RFID Save V200 Anti-Theft RFID Blocking Travel Organizer does an exceptional job of keep the contents stowed inside of it safe. Constructed of high-grade nylon material and featuring advanced RFID blocking technology, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your sensitive information won’t be compromised.
Budget Pick:: Aikelida RFID Blocking Travel Wallet
- ✅Durable Materials - We use the finest material for our waist pouch belts, Never worry about it tearing or breaking while traveling. Machine washable, Wash in warm water, hang dry or use dryer on low setting.
- ✅Hidden & Convenient - Supper slim Money belt with Two zippered compartments, three perfect-fit individual pockets, secure solution to keep your peronal ID, credit cards, passports, money, smart phones and other valuables safely hidden under clothes.
- ✅Superior Quality - Durable and lightweight nylon ripstop, resists water, odors, shrinking, adjustable strap, soft breathable padded mesh backside make it more than comfortable to wear, prevent build up of sweat and moisture.
- ✅Slim Lightweight & Hidden Security - Keep your valuables away from the sight and reach of thieves and incredibly convenient to carry with you when travelling. Grab yours now and rest assured you are travelling with safety!
- ✅100% Satisfaction Guarantee - If for any reason you are not satisfied with our product you will receive a full refund no questions asked and hassle free.
If you’re looking for an economically priced travel wallet but you don’t want to sacrifice quality, the Aikelida RFID Blocking Travel Wallet is an excellent choice. Made of top-of-the-line materials and featuring RFID electromagnetically opaque shielding, this wallet will securely hold all of your essentials and you won’t have to worry about your chips or passport being compromised.
Travel Wallet Reviews
Now that you’ve had a quick glance at our picks for the best overall, best premium, and best budget pick wallets, let’s dive in a little deeper. In this section, we take a closer look at the three above-mentioned travel wallets, as well as a collection of additional high-quality options. The following descriptions are more detailed and feature pros and cons for each wallet so you can better determine which one will suit your unique needs.
Zoppen RFID Travel Passport Wallet
For our best overall travel wallet, we chose the RFID Travel Passport Wallet from Zoppen. Made of high-density nylon fabric, this wallet is waterproof and virtually indestructible.
With RFID blocking material sewn in, you won’t have to worry about your sensitive information being compromised. There’s ample storage, thanks to the two passport pouches, a boarding pass pocket, 2 zipper compartments, 6 card slots, a mesh bag, and even a removable keychain.
You can use it to hold cash, coins, personal IDs, including passports, a pen, and much more. The included wristlet allows for easy and secure transport, or you can remove the strap and use it as a standard wallet.
The neutral design will suit both men and women, and with 16 color options, you’ll be able to find a look that will suit your unique taste.
- Made of high-density nylon fabric
- RFID blocking material prevents unauthorized scanning of sensitive documents
- Offers plenty of pockets, pouches, and credit card slots, as well as a pen holder and removable key chain
- Durably constructed removable wristlet
- Neutral design
- 16 color choices
- Affordably priced
Pacsafe RFIDSafe V200
For shoppers who are looking for a high-end travel wallet and have room in their budgets to spare, the Pacsafe RFIDSafe V200 Anti-Theft RFID Blocking Travel Organizer is a fantastic option.
Made of high-quality materials, including RFID blocking materials, this wallet will securely hold all of your personal items without having to worry about them becoming compromised.
There are ample storage compartments inside, including credit card and zippered note slots, a pocket for boarding passes, and dual side slop pockets.
There’s an interior pen holder, too. The Dyneema webbing strap is virtually indestructible and allows for easy transport.
- Made of high-quality materials
- RFID blocking to prevent illegal scanning of sensitive information
- Dyneema webbing strap for easy and secure transport
- Ample storage space, including credit card and passport slots, as well as pockets for currency and boarding passe
- Secure zipper closure
Aikelida RFID Blocking Travel Wallet
The Aikelida RFID Blocking Travel Wallet is smartly designed and durably constructed, so it can easily store all of your essentials. The unique waist pouch design allows you to wear this wallet as a belt, and with the low-profile design, you’ll be able to keep it concealed underneath your clothing.
Waterproof and tear-resistant, this travel wallet belt can stand up to virtually everything. There are ample pockets, too, so it offers plenty of space to accommodate all of your belongings, including cash, passports, IDs, and even smartphones.
A breathable padded backing ensures comfort, too, as it provides a layer of cushioning and prevents sweat buildup, too.
In addition to all of these features, the Aikelida RFID Blocking Travel Wallet is backed by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee and it is low-priced, too.
- Made of high-quality fabrics
- Exceptionally durable
- Belt design is convenient to carry and easy to conceal
- Offers plenty of storage
- Affordably priced
- Backed by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee
Venture 4th Travel Neck Pouch Neck Wallet
The Venture 4th Travel Neck Pouch Neck Wallet with RFID Blocking offers a unique design, as it’s intended to be worn around the neck, where it can be conveniently concealed and accessed.
Made of durable, yet lightweight material, it’s breathable, waterproof, and can take on all types of wear with ease. Lined with radio frequency blocking material, you won’t have to worry about your credit card chips or other sensitive information being compromised.
Offering three smart storage compartments, including two zippered pockets, a Velcro closure patch, and an ID window, you’ll be able to keep all of your must-have items close at hand.
The design is neutral, making it an ideal choice for both men and women, and it’s available in six color choices.
- Lightweight, yet durable constructed
- Features RFID blocking material
- Rip-stop nylon is waterproof and the double stitched reinforced seams prevent tearing and ripping
- Can be worn around the neck and hidden underneath the clothing
- Offers plenty of room for all of your essentials
- Unisex design
- Available in six color choices
- Affordably priced
Travelambo Women’s Leather Clutch Wallet
The Travelambo Women’s RFID Blocking travel wallet offers plenty of space to conveniently stow away all of your must-have essentials, yet it’s also attractive and looks like a high-end designer wallet.
Made of wax leather, it’s extremely durable and offers a timeless vintage look. Completely handmade, this wallet is thoughtfully constructed and is built to last.
There are plenty of pockets to choose from, including a large cash slot, a large accessory slot, and 21 slots for cards, you’ll have tons of space to keep all of your vital travel documents, cash close, and even your smartphone close at hand.
With RFID blocking material sewn in underneath the layers of leather, there’s no need to worry about your credit cards and other sensitive information being compromised. There are 43 colors to choose from, too, so you’ll be able to find the perfect color to match your personal taste.
- Constructed of high-grade wax leather
- 100 percent handmade
- Large capacity with plenty of pockets to store all of your essentials
- Vintage design is aesthetically pleasing and will sui all types of styles
- More than 43 color choices
- RFID blocking material
Suchmix RFID Blocking Passport Holder Travel Wallet
If you’re looking for a basic travel wallet that offers room for vital travel documents and a few other must-haves, but you don’t want a lot of bells and whistles, the Suchmix RFID Blocking Passport Holder Travel Wallet will suit you just fine.
Made of high-end nylon material, this wallet is durably constructed and can easily withstand regular use. RFID blocking technology prevents your valuable items and personal information from being compromised.
There are plenty of interior pockets to store all of your valuables, including airline tickets, credit cards, cash, pens, keys, and your smartphone. The removable wrist strap allows you to secure the wallet to your wrist so that you’ll be able to easily access whatever you need when you need it.
The zinc alloy zipper is incredibly durable and virtually indestructible. This travel wallet is also backed by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, so you’ll be able to buy with confidence.
- Made of high-quality materials
- Durably constructed
- Outfitted with RFID protective material
- Numerous large capacity pockets and slots
- Removable wrist strap for secure and convenient storage
- Gender-neutral design
- Affordably priced
- Can accommodate all types of documents, credit cards, smartphones, and more
- Backed by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee
Accofash Passport Holder Neck Wallet
The Accofash Passport Holder Neck Wallet features a low-profile design and has a long strap that is made to be worn around the neck and can be easily concealed underneath clothing.
The high-grade waterproof and tear-resistant nylon combined with double-seam reinforced seams make this wallet exceptionally durable. There are seven smart storage boxes, so you can easily keep all of your essential documents and valuable neatly organized and easily to access.
Storage features include 2 zippered pockets, 2 velcro pockets, a boarding pass slot, and a zipper bag.
The neck strap is adjustable, so you can get the perfect fit. Made with RFID blocking technology, you’ll have confidence knowing that your sensitive information won’t be compromised.
- Convenient and secure neck design
- Made of rip-stop, waterproof and tear-resistant nylon fabric
- Double-reinforced seams for extra durability
- Features plenty of storage compartments for all of your documents and essentials
- Adjustable strap allows you to get the ideal fit
- Slim and lightweight design allows it to be easily tucked underneath clothing without weighing you down
- Affordably priced
Other Best Selling Options
- Travel Priority - the wallet is made from high quality ECO-Friendly PU leather, passed Euro REACH Quality Standard, US EN71 and US CA Prop 65 Test
- Travel Protection - Keep Identification-Thief away from you and protect your personal information with inside RFID blocking shield material under frequence 13.56 Mhz, safe your privacy
- Travel Organized - Roomy and Collected, 1 passport pocket, 1 boarding pass compartment, 3 credit cards slots, 1 id slot, 1 sim card pouch, 1 coupon ticket slot, 1 cellphone pouch (max 5.8 inches), 1 money & coins zippered pocket (fit U.S. money), 1 key holder and 1 pen holder, 1 slim pocket
- Travel Smart - Store your carry-on essentials and travel documents in one slim and lightweight bag and never miss or lost them if you really needed
- Travel Classical - Vintage looking, Chic style, Multi-functional design, Soft and Comfort touching, various refine colors to match your taste
- SUPER MINIMALIST & SLIM: only 0.12" thick, sizing 3.3" X 4.1" X 0.12" extremely convenient to be carried around in your front or back pocket. 100% GENUINE LEATHER: soft and durable.
- RFID BLOCKING TESTED & APPROVED BY INDEPENDENT LAB TESTS. Our wallets have been tested for 13.56 MHz Frequency in which our credit cards, debit cards, driver license and ID cards operate. PLEASE BE NOTED THAT the signal of some ID badge, access cards and hotel room cards which operates in 142 KHz, can not be blocked by this wallet.
- ENHANCES PERSONAL SECURITY: We leverage top RFID technology to block RFID signals used to electronically scan your wallet as someone passes by unnoticed. This keeps your vital information in driver license, debit cards and credit cards from being stolen.
- P FUNCTIONALITY: Our RFID wallet not only offers security, it's also very functional. It features 6 card slots for you to place your most frequently used cards.
- PERFECT TRAVEL WALLET has see through passport window
- FEATURES: 4 card slots, ID window, currency and zippered coin compartments
- ZIP AROUND CLOSURE
- Travel organizer with internal pockets for storing passports, tickets, money, and more
- Made of 100% nylon with durable zipper closure; RFID blocking material to protect against unwanted scans
- Full-length zippered pocket and large stash pocket; micromesh zippered pocket for coins
- Dedicated slots for credit, business, or membership cards; exterior rear stash pocket for quick-access items
- Measures 10 x 5 inches
- Poly ripstop fabric / RFID blocking layer
- Zippered closure
- Internal zippered storage sleeve
- Pen loop and multiple card slots
- Passport sleeve
Travel Wallet Buyer’s Guide
Whether you’re planning a backpacking trip through Europe, you’re going on a lavish vacation, or you’re headed out of town for business, preparing for your trip is certainly exciting, but it can be pretty stressful, too. Packing is one of the most daunting tasks, as you need to be sure that you have everything you need, but you don’t want to over-pack.
No matter where the road (or sea or sky) takes you, there are some key essentials that you’re going to need to bring along: cash, credit cards, an ID, and depending on where you’re going, a passport, are just a few things that are an absolute must. With the exception of a passport, all of those other must-haves are things you would usually store in a wallet; however, a wallet can be pretty big and bulky, and when you’re raveling, scaling down is important.
Even if your wallet is on the smaller size, it might not be suitable for traveling, as it could easily get lost in the bottom of your bag. Have you ever tried to sift through a carry-on to locate your wallet when you want to grab a bite to eat from an airport vendor or locate your boarding pass? Yeah, it isn’t exactly fun.
Fortunately, there’s a way that you can keep all of those essentials neat, organized, and in an easy-to-reach and secure location. How? – By storing them in a travel wallet.
A travel wallet, as the name suggests, is a wallet that is made specifically to store all of those key essentials that you’ll need when you’re traveling your ID, credit cards, cash, and even a passport, as well as some other items that you might want to keep close at hand (a pack of gum, a lipstick, a mirror, etc.) Yes, travel wallets can certainly make storing and accessing those essentials a lot easier, but there’s just one problem: Which one should you choose?
A travel wallet is a convenient way to store all of your vital travel items – your passport, credit cards, cash, and more – in one place where they can be secured and easily accessed. There are so many different options to choose from , however, which can make trying to pick out the best option for our needs a bit of a daunting task.
While we’ve highlighted some of the best travel wallets that are currently available on the market today, trying to determine which one will best meet your needs can be a challenge. For that reason, we’ve included a buyer’s guide, which features the top factors that you should take into consideration so that you can choose the best one for your specific needs.
There are a few different types of travel wallets, so the first thing you want to do is determine which type you’re interested in. Options include a standard clutch-style wallets, a belt-style travel wallet, and a neck-style wallet.
Clutch wallets offer ac classic look and tend to have more room than any other type of travel wallet. The belt-style wallet is worn around the waist and can be hidden under the clothing.
A neck wallet, as the name suggests, is meant to be worn around the neck, where it can be discreetly stored and easily accessed. In order to decide which type of travel wallet will best meet your needs, consider what you’ll be doing while using it.
Once you decide on the type of travel wallet that you’d like, the next thing that you should do is determine what size you’ll need. You don’t want the wallet to be too big, otherwise I may become cumbersome and difficult to carry; however, you don’t want it to be too small, either, otherwise, you could end up misplacing it or it may not provide enough space for all of your needs.
Obviously, the storage that a travel wallet offers is also paramount. It should offer an assortment of pockets to fit all of the essentials that you plan on keeping close by, such as your passport and any other personal ID, cash, coins, a smartphone, or anything else that you would want to keep nearby.
Security is a major factor for any type of wallet, and a travel wallet is no different. Most modern travel wallets are outfitted with RFID blocking materials, which are sewn underneath the exterior fabric. This advanced material protects your personal items – your credit card chips and your passport, for example – from being compromised by electronic thieves so you can prevent the risk of your data being stolen.
Material and Construction
The material and construction of a travel wallet has a direct impact on its durability, ease of use, and reliability. Look for a wallet that is made of high-end fabrics, such as rip stop nylon or natural leather, as these materials can withstand all types of wear and tear.
You’ll also want to find out how the wallet is constructed. Wallets that feature double-reinforced seams and zippers that are made of high-grade metal are definitely the way to go, as they’ll be able to handle repeated use with ease and can stand up to all types of wear and tear.
The purpose of a travel wallet is to securely and conveniently stow away all of the must-have items that you want to keep close at hand while also ensuring that they are safe and secure.
A quality travel wallet will feature zippered storage compartments, slots for credit cards, passports, and other documents, at minimum. Additional features can include built-in pen holders, checkbook holders, and removable keychains. Consider what you plan on storing in the wallet to determine the type and amount of pockets you should look for in a wallet.
Size and Weight
The size and weight of a travel wallet are also very important factors to consider. The size of the wallet will not only impact the amount that it can store, but it will also affect the convenience and discreetness. While you will certainly be able to pack more into a large wallet, if it’s too large, it may be cumbersome and a burden to tote around.
Additionally, if you’re on the market for a belt- or neck-style wallet, if it’s too large, you may not be able to easily conceal it; one of the main reasons to invest in these types of travel wallets. However, if the wallet is too small, it may not be able to fit everything that you want to carry.
Like the size, the weight will also impact the convenience of the wallet. Generally, larger wallets will be heavier than smaller wallets. Additionally, the material the wallet is made of will also impact the weight; typically, leather wallets are heavier than those that are made of nylon. In regard to the size and weight of the wallet, look for something that will accommodate all of the items you want to store, but that you will be able to easily tote.
It’s also a good idea to take the overall look of the wallet into consideration. The look of a clutch-style wallet may be more important than a neck- or belt-style wallet, as clutches aren’t designed to be hidden, so they are always visible; hence, you’ll likely want something that will speak to your personal taste.
While neck- and belt-style wallets are made to be hidden underneath clothing, you may decide to carry them so that they are visible, so the overall look is somewhat important.
Travel Wallet FAQs
Now that we’ve reviewed our top picks for the best travel wallets and highlighted the key factors to consider in our buyer’s guide, let’s take a look at the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions consumers have about travel wallets.
How does a travel wallet differ from a standard wallet?
A travel wallet is specifically designed to hold items that you would need for traveling; a passport, plane tickets and boarding passes, cash, credit cards, and other key necessities. While standard wallets do provide room for credit cards, cash, and identification, they usually aren’t large enough for passports and other travel documents. In addition to offering space for these important items, a travel wallet is also designed to make accessing those essentials easy, while ensuring that they your belongings are safe and secure. For instance, the best travel wallets will feature RFID blocking material to prevent electronic skimming of sensitive information from credit card chips and passports.
What should I put in a travel wallet?
Anything you want to store in it! However, the basics usually include passports, plane tickets and boarding passes, currency, other forms of identification, and credit cards.
Is a belt- or neck-style wallet a better choice?
If you’re looking for a discreet travel wallet, belt- and neck-styles are your best bet. The style that is better for you really depends on your specific needs. Both can be hidden under clothing so that they are out of sight and therefore reduce the risk of theft. Consider what would be the most comfortable and convenient for you.
With the right travel wallet, you’ll be able to easily and securely stow away all of those vital items that you need to keep close at hand while you’re on the road. With the information presented in this guide, you shouldn’t have any trouble finding the best travel wallet to suit your unique needs.