You wake up in the middle of the night to a sound coming from your porch. It sounds like scratching on your front door, like a burglar trying to break into your home. Your [partner grabs the phone and starts dialing 911, and you decide to get a better look.
However, string out at the shape in front of your door is misleading – you can’t make it out. If only you had a flashlight. Fortunately, you picked up an EDC model online the other day. When flashing it on the supposed intruder, you find it’s a large raccoon scrapping away at the door – weird, but at least its not a threat.
Having a rechargeable flashlight available is handy for several scenarios. Most people assume they can get by with the torch on their cellphone. While these torches are somewhat effective for use around the house when the power goes out, they don’t have the same utility as a flashlight.
Rechargeable flashlights come with adjustable beams, multi-light functionality, and modes, as well as a bright light that’s far beyond anything your cellphone can provide. Rechargeable models allow you to avoid the hassle of changing batteries. Keep the torch charged up and ready to go through its micro-USB connection and never get stuck in the dark again.
There are several benefits to owning an EDC rechargeable flashlight. In this post, we’ll examine the best rechargeable flashlight models.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Rechargeable Flashlight Reviews
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Rechargeable Flashlight Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Rechargeable Flashlight FAQs
- 6 The Verdict – The Best Rechargeable Flashlight
We spent hours going through the best rechargeable flashlights available. After much deliberation, we settled on these three models as our top choices. There’s’ something for everyone in these top models. Choose the rechargeable flashlight that meets your needs and your budget.
Best Pick: Streamlight 75458 Stinger DS
- 50,000 hour lifetime; Flashlight torch
- Optimized electronics provide regulated intensity throughout battery charge
- 3 watt Luxeon LED, impervious to shock with a 50,000 hour lifetime
- Run time on high: 1.50 hours, run time on low: 5 hours
- 6 3/4 inch high by 2 3/4 inch wide; 3 inch diameter
When police and military officers need a rechargeable flashlight, they turn to the Stream light 75458 Stinger DS. This model is our top choice for the best overall flashlight in this review. This Streamlight model comes with 50,000-hour service life, with optimized electronics regulating the output as the battery charge declines.
Runner Up Pick: Streamlight 75763 Stinger LED HPL
- High: 48,000 candela peak beam intensity (800 lumens); Medium: 24,000 candela PBI (400 Lumens); Low: 12,000 candela PBI (200 Lumens)
- Strobe for Disorienting or Signaling: Runs 3 Hours
- Deep-dish parabolic reflector produces a long-range targeting beam with optimum peripheral illumination; C4 LED Technology, Shock-Proof With a 50,000 Lifetime
- Unbreakable Polycarbonate Lens With Scratch-Resistant Coating; O-Ring Sealed
- Includes 120V AC and 12V DC chargers
If you want to step it up a notch, the Streamlight 75763 Stinger LED HPL is our top choice for the best premium rechargeable flashlight. This model comes with the same 50,000-hour service life as the previous Streamlight version.
Budget Pick: NITECORE TIP SE
- New Release: NITECORE TIP SE Dual-Core Metallic Keychain Light - 700 Lumen
- Utilizes two OSRAM P8 LEDs with a max output of 700 lumens
- Built-in 500mAh Li-ion battery with a USB-C charging port
- 4 brightness levels including direct access to turbo and low
If you’re looking for the best budget model in this review, check out the NiteCore TIP SE. This lightweight, compact model clips to your belt, and you’ll barely notice it’s there. However, don’t let the small size fool you.
Rechargeable Flashlight Reviews
Now that you have an idea of the best rechargeable flashlights, let’s unpack the details of our top models in further detail. We’ll look at a few other models we think are worthy of including in this review.
Check out our buyer’s guide section after the reviews. The guide will help you understand the features and modes of rechargeable flashlights and what to look for in a model that suits your needs.
Best Pick: Streamlight 75458 Stinger DS
When law enforcement officers need a flashlight, they rely on this Streamlight model. The Streamlight offers superior light production in demanding environments, with a 3-Watt Luxeon LED providing high-powered operation.
You get a 50,000-hour service life from the LED and 1.5-hour run time from the lithium-ion battery. The rugged casing provides excellent shock absorption, and the tapers bezel provides a striking surface, with an unbreakable polycarbonate lens.
The Streamlight comes with a 120-volt AC/ 12-volt DC piggyback charger kit. You get multiple lighting modes, including an altering frequency strobe. This flashlight wins our top honors for the best overall model in this review.
- 50,000-hour service life on LED
- 3-watt Luxeon LED for high-power performance
- 1.5-hour run time on a full charge using the max mode
- Comes with multiple lighting modes, including strobe
- Armored casing for scratch resistance and self-defense functionality
- Polycarbonate lens for scratch resistance
- Price may be too high for some
Runner Up Pick: Streamlight 75763 Stinger LED HPLThis Streamlight model is the step-up model from the previous Stinger flashlight. With this model, you get a C-4 LED for ultra-high power operation, with 700-lumen output at throws of up to 600-feet. The durable chassis on this model is shock-resistant, and you get the same piggyback charger setup.
The Streamlight 75763 Stinger LED HPL comes with an unbreakable polycarbonate lens, a 1.5-hour runtime, and a 50,000-hour service life. The casing on this model comes with a grooved grip for non-slip use in all weather conditions.
- The preferred choice for law enforcement and military personnel
- Up to 700-lumens in maximum mode
- Wide flashlight viewing field
- 50,000 service life
- Powerful C-4 LED with three lighting modes
- Strobe and multi-light functionality for signaling
- Premium Price
Budget Pick: NITECORE TIP SE
If you’re looking for a compact and powerful EDC rechargeable flashlight, the NiteCore TIP SE is a top-quality choice. This model comes with an affordable price tag, plenty of power, and functionality. The NitCore TIP SE comes with four lighting modes and dual Osram P8 LEDs.
You get an astounding 700-lumen output from this tiny unit, with strobe function, and SOS built-into the features. The flashlight operates on a 500-mAh rechargeable battery and comes with a belt clip. Carry this compact and lightweight device with you wherever you go. Attach it to your keychain, or on your hip for easy access.
You get USB-C fast recharging and a max runtime of 50-hours in low mode. The NiteCore TIP SE comes with an anodized aluminum casing, and integrated ATR technology. This model offers the best balance of portability, affordability, and function in this review.
- Compact size with a lightweight design
- Excellent value for money
- Powerful 700-lumen output
- Dual Osram P8 LEDs with four lighting modes
- Built-in rechargeable 500mAh Lithium-ion battery
- Turbo, low, and strobe modes included
- Comes with a belt holster for EDC
- Power and mode buttons raised, we would prefer a flush-mount
LEXALL Keychain LED FlashlightThis compact keychain model is a great choice for an EDC rechargeable flashlight. It comes with a max output of 300-lumens, and a throw of 400-feet. You get everything you need for your EDC needs. This model features a built-in lithium-ion battery and an anodized aircraft-grade aluminum body.
The glow in the dark power button makes it easy to locate in the dark and the device charges through micro-USB. You get a cap clip to turn this flashlight into a headlamp, and three lighting modes to suit your environment.
- Mid-range performance up to 300-lumens
- Lightweight and compact fits to your keyring
- 150-foot light range with three lighting modes
- Head clip for caps to turn it into a headlamp
- Micro-USB charging
- Glow in the dark on/off button
- Might be a little underpowered for some uses
RovyVon Aurora A3 ProThe RovyVon is a great keyring flashlight with powerful performance. With this model, you get five lighting modes, including a strobe. The max output features 700-lumens, with a CREE LED powering the torch.
This model is a great choice for an EDC flashlight and recharges with micro-USB. It’s a bit on the pricey side, but you get a brass casing for a premium look and plenty of technology built into a small device.
- Brass housing for superior drop resistance and custom look
- Cree XP-G3 5000K Warm White LED
- IP66 rating for water resistance
- Five lighting modes with 700-lumen output
- Comes with stainless steel keyring
- Built-in 300-mAh battery offering a 35-hour service life
- Memory mode included
- 2-year warranty
- Some might not like the design
WOWTAC H01 MaxThis model focuses on multi-duty performance. You get the option of handheld or headlamp use with this flashlight. The CREE XP-G2 LED provides powerful performance, with over 600-lumens.
With a 318-foot throw, you get plenty of range, and six brightness modes to customize to your environmental conditions. The WOWTAC comes with a rechargeable 650mAh battery and IPX8 waterproof rating.
- Multi-functionality flashlight and headlamp
- The CREE XP-G2 LED bulb gives a range of up to 318-feet
- Max mode features a 618-lumen output
- Comes with head strap and mount
- Six brightness modes with single click button selection
- Built-in 650-mAh lithium-ion battery
- Lightweight and compact for EDC
- Comes with IPX8 waterproof rating for use in all weather conditions
- Design suits the headlamp setup more
OLIGHT M2R Pro WarriorThe MR2 Warrior Pro is the latest evolution of the OLIGHT tactical flashlight. This model features design for tactical use at home, or by law enforcement officers. You get a 5,000-mAh rechargeable battery, and up to 1,800-lumens with a 900-foot throw.
This model is the most powerful in this review, and a great choice for self-defense. You get a tactical bezel, grooved grip, and a tail cap on/off button for use in an assault grip. The body of this model features design and construction with aircraft-grade anodized aluminum for a durable and scratch-resistant finish.
- High-power output with 1,800-lumens
- 900-foot throw range
- 21,700-mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery included
- Textured non-slip grip
- Tactical bezel for self-defense
- Battery life display
- Tail switch for tactical operation
- Comes with a clip and flashlight bag for EDC
- Gets hot after 2 hours usage
ThruNite T2This compact model is a great choice for EDC use. You get an ultra-bright CREE LED, powered by a 5,000-mAh battery. In firefly mode, you get up to 50-days of runtime and fast charging with USB-C. This model comes with six adaptable lighting settings, including a strobe for tactical use.
This compact and portable design features a pocket or belt clip and weighs a little over 3-oz. This model is a great choice for all types of users, from camping to commuting.
- Featuring construction with a CREE XHP70 LED
- 518-foot throw with 725-lumens and up to 3757-lumens on turbo mode
- 5,000-mAh lithium-ion battery included
- Six lighting modes, including strobe function
- Power indicator
- Compact and portable design
- Belt clip included
- USB-C fast charging design
- Top fitting can loosen in pocket
Nitecore MH12 V2
NiteCore brings a tactical model into its range with the MH12 V2. This model features a tactical bezel and grip for self-defense use. There is fast USB-C charging of the 21700 battery, and dual switch design.
You get a powerful 1,200-lumen performance on max mode, with strobe, beacon, and SOS functions, along with four lighting modes. This model is ideal for use in security, law enforcement, and military operations.
- Tactical tail switch included
- Compact and lightweight
- Produces up to 1,200-lumens with a 600-foot throw
- Front bezel for self-defense
- Four brightness modes
- Three lighting functions, including strobe
- The strobe features altering frequencies, providing a dizzying effect
- Optical scratch-resistant lens
- Belt clip for EDC
- Tactical model might be overkill for some people
Fenix PD40R v2
We wrap up with the Fenix PD4OR v2. This model offers powerful performance and a tactical look., You get fast charging with USB-C, and a belt clip for EDC use.
There’s a 5,000-mAh battery, with 3.5-hour run time on max mode. This model comes with an incredible 3,000-lumen count and 442-yard throw.
- Bright 3,000-lumen output on max mode
- 442-foot throw
- Ideal for military and law enforcement duty
- USB-C port for fast charging
- 5,000-mAh battery charges fully in 3.5-hours
- Mechanical rotary switch for smooth operation
- Compact and lightweight for EDC
- Comes with a lanyard, carry holster, and LumenTac battery case
- Slightly heavier than comparable models
Other Best Selling Options
- 【Super Bright Flashlight】Our 3000 lumen tactical flashlight utilizes the durable XHP50 LED chip,provides poweful light,4 times brighter than XML T6 flashlight.Max beam distance up to 500 meters (1640ft).With a lifetime up to 50,000 hours.Attention:You need get it fully charged before use,please make sure the battery "+" face the inside.
- 【Rechargeable Flashlight + Power Display】With rechargeable battery,it can be charged by usb cable(included),through powerbank,computer,car charger,wall charger.Low light modes for 6 hours use.Power indicator above the flashlight helps you to know the statu of the battery clearly.When there is only one charge light,please get it charging immediately for longer battery life.
- 【5 Modes Flashlight + Telescopic Zoom】Features with 5 different modes:High,Medium,Low,Strobe,SOS.Easy to change modes by pressing the switch button gently.Long press to turn off,no need to cycle through all 5 modes.Stretch the head of the flashlight to change the focal length.Astigmatism is suitable for large-area lighting.Spotlight flashlight is suitable for long-distance lighting.
- 【Waterproof & Durable】IP65 Waterproof level protect it from splashing water from any angle.Suitable for outdoor environment and adverse weather conditions.Please do not submerge in water for a long time.This flashlight is made of aluminum alloy,skid-proof, abrasion resistance,which is a sturdy tool to hit something during emergency.
- 【Widely Application】Mini size fits in your hand or pocket,backpack, survival bag,or car glove compartment.Convenient to operate by one hand with lanyards and compact enough to carry to anywhere in your pocket.Ideal for dog walking,hunting,boating,power outages,patrolling,camping,hiking,emergency.Perfect gift for a father, husband,wife,or college student for any occasion.If you have any question,please feel free to contact us,we promise you a refund/replace anyway.
- 8000 Lumen HIGH POWER LED FLASHLIGHT ---- Tactical Flashlight High Lumen, Upgraded XHP50 LED Flashlights with High Output of up 8000 Lumen, 6000K Sunshine light illuminate a Super Bright light for large area irradiation and Irradiation distance up to 984ft.
- USB Rechargeable Flashlight, Long Lasting, power indicator ---- High Lumen Rechargeable Flashlight, 2200mah high capacity rechargeable 18650 battery and USB Cable included, After 3hours fast charging, This high Lumen flashlight could run up to 10hours. Tactical flashlight have 4 Blue light power indicator: 100% -75% -75% -50% -25%, help you see the rest power at a glance. remind you charge this flashlight in time.
- LED Flashlight with Zoomable, 5modes ---- 8000 High Lumen LED Flashlight, Super Bright flashlight with 5Modes:High/Medium/Low/Sos/Flash light, combine with Adjustable Foucs function make this Tactical flashlight more tactical, spotlight for long range observation and floodlight for large area illumination; this flashlight have ONE KEY TURN OFF function, you can simply turn off this Tactical flash light in any light mode without cycle through all modes.
- Durable, Waterproof, Practical ---- This Heavy Duty flashlight made of aerospace grade aluminum alloy, Non-slip and Durable, the strike bezel head make it great as a tactical strike flashlight; The IPX5 waterproof flashlight design for a variety of outdoor applications in inclement weather conditions.This 8000Lumen tactical flash light is great for emergency repairs, outdoor camping, night inspections or more. Flashlights For Police, and Everyday Use.
- what you will get: ---- 2pcs Tactical flashlight, 2pcs 18650 rechargeable batteries, 2pcs USB cable, 2pcs 1pcs user manual. 3AAA battery holder(that mean you also can run it with AAA battery(aaa battery not included)
- SUPER-BRIGHT: 900-lumen (max) Cree LED sweeps bright light over the length of about two football fields (660 ft / 200 m) and reaches nearly 1000 ft. Fully zoomable from wide to narrow beam. Features 5 adaptable settings: High / Medium / Low / Strobe / SOS.
- LONG-LASTING: Up to 6 hours (Medium-beam mode) of powerful, non-diminishing brightness from the included premium rechargeable 3350mAh battery. LEDs boast an extended 50000-hour lifespan. Recharge in just 6 hours with a 1A adapter (not included) and the included Micro USB cable.
- TOUGH & RELIABLE: IPX5-rated water resistant and designed for use in heavy rain. Its durable aluminum body and shock-resistance endure rough handling.
- SMART DESIGN: A pocket-friendly compact chassis with an anti-slip finish holds fast in your hand or stands on-end as an emergency lamp.
- WHAT YOU GET: Anker Bolder LC90 Flashlight, 18650 3350mAh rechargeable battery, Micro USB cable, wrist strap, welcome guide, and our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
- High Lumen Flashlight, Super Bright --- High Lumen LED Flashlight eqquiped newest XML T6 Super Bright LED that 100,000+ hours of long life lifespan, delivery a 1200 High Lumens output and 600 feet of strong light make this tactical flashlight Brightest and Most Versatile in its Class.
- USB Rechargeable Flashlight, Long-lasting --- High Lumen Rechargeable flashlight together with high capaciy 18650 rechargeable battery that provides up to 8hours working time after 3hours fasting charging, Flashlight and 18650 battery both upgrade with internal digital control circuit could prevents overcharge, this rechargeable flashlight is listed by UL and safe to use .
- Tactical Flashlight with adjustable focus, 4modes --- High powered rechargeable flashlight fully zoomable from large area floodlight to focused spotlight ; and widely Variety of Light Modes( High-Low-Strobe-SOS)make this high lumen tactical Flashlight more tatctical. this pocket flashlight is your best camping flashlight.
- Small Rechargeable flashlight, Waterproof --- This small Tactical flashlight design with IPX6 Waterproof and all aluminum impact-resistant body that can use in heavy rain,snow, or other bad weather condition; Less than 5 inch in length, Compact size and pocket clip make this small flashlights very protable, while still delivering high performance, and offers the same lumen output as bigger, longer flashlights
- Great Value, 2pack flashlight --- What you will get: 2 * Rechargeable LED flashlight, 2* rechargeable 18650 Battery, 2* USB cable .1pcs user manual .30days NO REASON return/money back, friendly customer service . Please note that the battery is already in this flash light.pls feel free to contact us if you have any doubts with it .
- ☀【Super Bright Flashlight】Flashlights high lumens built-in upgraded XHP70.2 LED Flashlights with High Output of up 90000 Lumen, Large area irradiation and Irradiation distance up to 1000m, and the service life is up to 120,000 hours. Rechargeable Flashlights is about 20 times brighter than ordinary incandescent lamps
- ☀【5 Lighting Modes & Zoomable】Strong light / Medium light / Low light / Strobe / SOS, Rechargeable Flashlight with the zoom function, telescopic zoom. You can switch the spotlight and floodlight mode by retracting the lamp head. You can switch at will, adapt to different environments of lighting
- ☀【Heavy Duty Waterproof Flashlights】IPX55 waterproof & Shockproof, This tactical flashlight is made of high-quality aviation aluminum for excellent heat dissipation, which has the functions of waterproof, impact resistance. LED Flashlight high lumens perfect for using in the rainning, snowing or other emergency situations
- ☀【New Upgrade Battery】We upgraded the battery,1 pcs of 3.7V 26650 battery (3 colors), which built-in overcharging and over-discharging function for the long life, which could be rechargeable more than 150,000 times. Tactical flashlight has 4 led indicator lights displaying charge level, each indicator light represents 25% power. So that you can see the power status at a glance
- ☀【The Best Father's Day gift】Flashlights high lumens suitable for camping, hiking, fishing, running, cycling, power outages, emergencies, targeted searches and general household use and so on. Alifa - A professional flashlight manufacturer, provide 1 year warranty service. If you have any questions about this Rechargeable flashlight, you can contact us in time for a refund or replacement
Rechargeable Flashlight Buyer’s Guide
When you need light, it’s always in an emergency. Sure, you can turn on the torch on your phone, and that can help. However, a cellphone torch has a low lumen count and a pathetic throw. As a result, you can’t see much more than a few feet in front of you.
Carrying an EDC rechargeable flashlight on your belt or keyring can help you find what you’re looking for in low-light conditions. In this post, we’ll unpack the features, functions, and benefits of owning an EDC rechargeable flashlight.
Understanding Your Flashlight Choices
Rechargeable flashlights come in different shapes and sizes, with various uses. Some are lighting devices, while others come with options for self-defense. Choosing the right flashlight for your needs depends on how you plan on using the device.
Some models cost $20, while others can have a price tag well over $100. What do you need out of a flashlight? Is paying more for your model the better way to go? These questions are important to answer and form the foundation of your choice.
You get pocket-sized models and flashlights that are the length of your forearm. Which one is right for your needs? If you’re a woman looking for an EDC flashlight, chances are you’re not going to find yourself overly concerned with the self-defense aspects of the model.
However, you might want a model that offers compact storage on your keyring or the side of your bag. If you’re a male security guard, then a tactical bezel for striking might be useful to your job, and an important feature of your EDC flashlight.
Choosing the right models to meet your needs depends on how you plan on using the flashlight, and the types of situations you frequently encounter that require a flashlight.
Rechargeable flashlights are more expensive than your traditional flashlight. These models come with lithium-ion batteries, and plenty of modes and functions., you can expect to pay more, depending on the battery size and the size of the flashlight itself.
Some of the features to look for in your new rechargeable flashlight include the following.
- Pricey models are powerful because they use premium circuitry and LEDs
- Rechargeable batteries can significantly add to the cost of your flashlight
- Features of light impact resistance, waterproofing, and multiple lighting modes can add to your flashlight costs.
- Look at how the torch turns on and off, will it accidentally turn on in your glove box or your backpack?
- Is there any tool required for changing the bulbs?
- What kind of service life can you expect from the device?
- If you’re wearing gloves, is it easy to access the flashlight functions?
Does the look of the flashlight meet your daily requirements? If you’re a law enforcement officer, then flashlight should have a metal body with bezels and a powerful beam with a strobe mode. All of these considerations play a role in choosing the right model for your EDC needs.
The ANSI FL1 standards introduced in 2009 cover the testing and rating of all flashlights. Manufacturers need to comply with these standards when designing and producing any type of flashlight, regardless of whether it is rechargeable or battery-operated.
Most brands do in-house testing and include the performance data on their website of the product packaging. Here are the top components to look for when selecting your new rechargeable flashlight.
The flashlight will have a light output reading measured in lumens. The lumen count is the measure of brightness produced by the LEDs in the flashlight. Most manufacturers include multi-mode settings, allowing you to choose from up to six brightness levels to throw your flashlight.
The brightness of the device plays a significant role in its utility. The intensity of the beam, the distance of the throw, and the type of light all play a significant role in the efficacy of the flashlight in different lighting applications.
Lumen counts can range from ambient lighting at 20-lumens, to blinding light at 1,800-lumens or more. The average throw for a rechargeable flashlight is around 400-feet. However, some models may throw light up to 900-feet or more, depending on the LED.
The lumen count is the first specification you need to look at when purchasing your rechargeable flashlight. However, the throw of the beam is just as important as the lumen count. The throw describes the distance the light reaches from the torch.
The average throw for a flashlight is around 400-feet. Some models can get throws of 900-feet or more, with a good hi-end range being around 700-lumen for most premium models. The battery life will affect both the throw and the lumen count. The lower the battery reserve, the weaker the output.
Most modern models overcome this issue of diminishing throw and lumen drop. Engineers use specialized circuitry to manage the power and performance of the flashlight.
The run time of your flashlight gives you its threshold of performance., when the battery runs dry, it’s game over, and you’ll have to recharge. Rechanging your device from flat may take up to 4-hours, depending on the model. It’s not advisable to let your flashlight battery drop below 30%. Falling below this level results in damage to the battery. However, 1.5-hour run time is plenty of time behind your flashlight. You might only use it for a few minutes at a time, getting a few days of usage off a single charge.
Look for models that offer run times over 1.5-hours, and service life of 50,000-hours on the LED. The LED in your device should provide around a years’ worth of performance at peak levels. Eventually, the lumen count drops, and you’ll need to replace the LED to improve the performance.
Flashlights are electronic equipment, and most of them don’t do well with impact resistance. If you’re in law enforcement or need a model for use around the campsite, we recommend looking for models featuring rubberized or hardened steel casings.
Your flashlight should feature a drop-proof rating in feet. Most flashlights can withstand drops from three to four feet without sustaining major damage to the LED or the lens. Manufacturers rate flashlights performance in drop resistance. They run a test at a specified distance to determine the drop rating.
Manufacturers rate flashlights for water resistance on the IPX system. You get three categories of ratings for water-resistance.
- IPX4 – Splash resistant from all angles
- IPX7 – temporary immersion: 30 minutes at 1m
- IPX8 – submersion: 4 hours at a specified depth.
LED technology dominates the rechargeable flashlight market as the preferred lighting system for the device. With an LED, you get powerful performance in a small package. LEDs are efficient, offer high-performance and extended service life for your flashlight.
The rechargeable flashlight comes with a lens reflector surrounding the bulb, influencing the device’s dispersion. There are three options available for beam types.
Flood (or fixed beam) – This beam has a single width. It’s a good choice for trail walking and general tasks around the campsite.
Spot (or focused beam) – A single beam condensing into a spotlight format over a long distance. This beam type is the best choice for fast-paced activities, such as tracking game at night.
Adjustable Beam – The width of the beam ranges, from narrow to wide, depending on the operator selection. You can switch between these beam modes in modern flashlights, customizing your lighting experience to suit your conditions.
Rechargeable flashlights with regulated power supplies provide a stable brightness level at peak output throughout the battery lifecycle. There is no drop-off performance as the battery life weakens. The circuitry ensures you get stable light from the device until it runs out of battery. At that stage, the light cuts out completely instead of slowly fading.
Look for rechargeable flashlights with different lighting modes. The best models come with three to seven modes. You’ll have options for a low, mid, and high beam option, along with other features like strobe function.
Strobes are a great option for self-defense. With a multi-frequency strobe, you confuse your attacker’s senses, allowing you to escape or counterattack while they remain off-balance.
Some models may offer emergency signally functions, or extra turbo brightness modes. It’s important to note that the stronger the lumen count in high-power turbo modes, the shorter your battery life.
When choosing your flashlight, make sure you understand the controls of the device. The buttons can make a considerable difference in the torch’s performance, especially in EDC or tactical situations.
Some models come with swiveling bezels to move between lighting modes. Others rely on flush-mount or raised buttons on the body. Some flashlight models feature rear taillights for tactical purposes. This setup allows you to use a defensive grip and posture when using the torch.
Look for models that offer locking functions, preventing accidental operation of the flashlight while in your pocket or bag.
Rechargeable Flashlight FAQs
What’s the service life of a rechargeable flashlight?
The service life of the flashlight refers to the service life of the LED blub included with your model. The service life differs, depending on the brand and model of the LED. The best LEDs last up to 50,000-hours or more, with poor-quality LEDs producing half of that. Most models last around a year with daily use, providing around 400-charging cycles.
What rechargeable flashlight do police and military use?
The police and military rely on the Streamlight Stinger DS LED HL and the Streamlight Strion DS HL. These flashlights are reliable and come with tactical features useful in the field. You get a powerful beam, with plenty of range, and multi-use functionality as a handheld weapon in self-defense situations. Both models feature a rechargeable set up for easy maintenance.
What’s the best way to keep your flashlight charged?
Most rechargeable flashlights come with a micro-USB charging port. We recommend carrying a high-portable battery bank with you for a portable charge source when camping.
Where is the best place to buy a rechargeable flashlight?
We recommend buying your rechargeable flashlight from Amazon. Amazon has a great range and the best prices online. You get buyer protection for your purchase, and Prime members get ultra-fast shipping to your doorstep.
The Verdict – The Best Rechargeable Flashlight
By now, you should have a good idea of the best rechargeable flashlight for your EDC needs. However, there’s a chance some of you are still on the fence with your decision. In that case, why not rely on our top models? We looked through dozens of models to bring you the best we could find online. Our top three picks have something to suit any budget and any requirement for the best EEDC flashlight available.
The Streamlight 75458 Stinger DS is the top choice of military and law enforcement officers. This handy torch has a rugged frame that’s drop-proof and scratch-resistant. You get an unbreakable polycarbonate lens, with a 50,000-hour lifetime warranty, and a 3-Watt bulb for 700-lumens of light. This Streamlight model gives you a runtime of 1.5-hours on the high setting, with 120-volt or AC/12-volt DC piggyback charging available as a standard with the flashlight.
The Streamlight 75763 Stinger LED HPL is the next level of our best overall choice in this review. You get all the same powerful features s the previous Stinger model. However, this flashlight features a C-4 LED for additional power, and up to 700-lumens. You get all the same multi-mode functionality as the other Stinger model, with a wider field of view and range with this model.
If you’re looking for the best budget buy in this review, you need the NiteCore TIP SE. This tiny flashlight has some serious power, with four brightness modes and a max output of 700-lumens in a compact and lightweight package. The NiteCore comes with a holster that attaches to your belt, allowing you to take it with you. The NiteCore has all the functionality of top models, with strobe and O-ring sealed lenses.