You wake up in the middle of the night to a sound coming from your porch. It sounds like scratching on your front door, like a burglar trying to break into your home. Your [partner grabs the phone and starts dialing 911, and you decide to get a better look.
However, string out at the shape in front of your door is misleading – you can’t make it out. If only you had a flashlight. Fortunately, you picked up an EDC model online the other day. When flashing it on the supposed intruder, you find it’s a large raccoon scrapping away at the door – weird, but at least its not a threat.
Having a rechargeable flashlight available is handy for several scenarios. Most people assume they can get by with the torch on their cellphone. While these torches are somewhat effective for use around the house when the power goes out, they don’t have the same utility as a flashlight.
Rechargeable flashlights come with adjustable beams, multi-light functionality, and modes, as well as a bright light that’s far beyond anything your cellphone can provide. Rechargeable models allow you to avoid the hassle of changing batteries. Keep the torch charged up and ready to go through its micro-USB connection and never get stuck in the dark again.
There are several benefits to owning an EDC rechargeable flashlight. In this post, we’ll examine the best rechargeable flashlight models.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Rechargeable Flashlight Reviews
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Rechargeable Flashlight Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Rechargeable Flashlight FAQs
- 6 The Verdict – The Best Rechargeable Flashlight
We spent hours going through the best rechargeable flashlights available. After much deliberation, we settled on these three models as our top choices. There’s’ something for everyone in these top models. Choose the rechargeable flashlight that meets your needs and your budget.
- Best Pick: Streamlight 75458 Stinger DS
When police and military officers need a rechargeable flashlight, they turn to the Stream light 75458 Stinger DS. This model is our top choice for the best overall flashlight in this review. This Streamlight model comes with 50,000-hour service life, with optimized electronics regulating the output as the battery charge declines.
- Runner Up Pick: Streamlight 75763 Stinger LED HPL
If you want to step it up a notch, the Streamlight 75763 Stinger LED HPL is our top choice for the best premium rechargeable flashlight. This model comes with the same 50,000-hour service life as the previous Streamlight version.
- Budget Pick: NITECORE TIP SE
If you’re looking for the best budget model in this review, check out the NiteCore TIP SE. This lightweight, compact model clips to your belt, and you’ll barely notice it’s there. However, don’t let the small size fool you.
Rechargeable Flashlight Reviews
Now that you have an idea of the best rechargeable flashlights, let’s unpack the details of our top models in further detail. We’ll look at a few other models we think are worthy of including in this review.
Check out our buyer’s guide section after the reviews. The guide will help you understand the features and modes of rechargeable flashlights and what to look for in a model that suits your needs.
Best Pick: Streamlight 75458 Stinger DS
When law enforcement officers need a flashlight, they rely on this Streamlight model. The Streamlight offers superior light production in demanding environments, with a 3-Watt Luxeon LED providing high-powered operation.
- 3 Lighting Modes: High for maximum illumination with 800 lumens and 310 meter beam, Medium for intense brightness and longer run time with 400 lumens and 219 meter beam, and Low for extended run time with 200 lumens and 155 meter beam; plus Strobe
- Dual switch technology with both tail cap and head mounted switches that operate independently for maximum versatility
- 3-Cell, 3.6 Volt Ni-MH sub-C battery, rechargeable up to 1000 times
- Smart PiggyBack charger: Fully recharges within 7.5 hours (5V/1A USB input) or 4 hours (12V DC input)
- Machined aircraft aluminum body with non-slip rubberized comfort grip; anti-roll rubber ring included
You get a 50,000-hour service life from the LED and 1.5-hour run time from the lithium-ion battery. The rugged casing provides excellent shock absorption, and the tapers bezel provides a striking surface, with an unbreakable polycarbonate lens.
The Streamlight comes with a 120-volt AC/ 12-volt DC piggyback charger kit. You get multiple lighting modes, including an altering frequency strobe. This flashlight wins our top honors for the best overall model in this review.
- 50,000-hour service life on LED
- 3-watt Luxeon LED for high-power performance
- 1.5-hour run time on a full charge using the max mode
- Comes with multiple lighting modes, including strobe
- Armored casing for scratch resistance and self-defense functionality
- Polycarbonate lens for scratch resistance
- Price may be too high for some
Runner Up Pick: Streamlight 75763 Stinger LED HPL
This Streamlight model is the step-up model from the previous Stinger flashlight. With this model, you get a C-4 LED for ultra-high power operation, with 700-lumen output at throws of up to 600-feet. The durable chassis on this model is shock-resistant, and you get the same piggyback charger setup.
- High: 48,000 candela peak beam intensity (800 lumens); Medium: 24,000 candela PBI (400 Lumens); Low: 12,000 candela PBI (200 Lumens)
- Strobe for Disorienting or Signaling: Runs 3 Hours
- Deep-dish parabolic reflector produces a long-range targeting beam with optimum peripheral illumination; C4 LED Technology, Shock-Proof With a 50,000 Lifetime
- Unbreakable Polycarbonate Lens With Scratch-Resistant Coating; O-Ring Sealed
- Includes 120V AC/12V DC Smart Charge Charger
The Streamlight 75763 Stinger LED HPL comes with an unbreakable polycarbonate lens, a 1.5-hour runtime, and a 50,000-hour service life. The casing on this model comes with a grooved grip for non-slip use in all weather conditions.
- The preferred choice for law enforcement and military personnel
- Up to 700-lumens in maximum mode
- Wide flashlight viewing field
- 50,000 service life
- Powerful C-4 LED with three lighting modes
- Strobe and multi-light functionality for signaling
- Premium Price
Budget Pick: NITECORE TIP SE
If you’re looking for a compact and powerful EDC rechargeable flashlight, the NiteCore TIP SE is a top-quality choice. This model comes with an affordable price tag, plenty of power, and functionality. The NitCore TIP SE comes with four lighting modes and dual Osram P8 LEDs.
- NITECORE TIP SE Dual-Core Metallic Keychain Light - 700 Lumen
- Utilizes two OSRAM P8 LEDs with a max output of 700 lumens
- Built-in 500mAh Li-ion battery with a USB-C charging port
- 4 brightness levels including direct access to turbo and low
- Package contents: TIP SE keychain light with key ring
You get an astounding 700-lumen output from this tiny unit, with strobe function, and SOS built-into the features. The flashlight operates on a 500-mAh rechargeable battery and comes with a belt clip. Carry this compact and lightweight device with you wherever you go. Attach it to your keychain, or on your hip for easy access.
You get USB-C fast recharging and a max runtime of 50-hours in low mode. The NiteCore TIP SE comes with an anodized aluminum casing, and integrated ATR technology. This model offers the best balance of portability, affordability, and function in this review.
- Compact size with a lightweight design
- Excellent value for money
- Powerful 700-lumen output
- Dual Osram P8 LEDs with four lighting modes
- Built-in rechargeable 500mAh Lithium-ion battery
- Turbo, low, and strobe modes included
- Comes with a belt holster for EDC
- Power and mode buttons raised, we would prefer a flush-mount
LEXALL Keychain LED Flashlight
This compact keychain model is a great choice for an EDC rechargeable flashlight. It comes with a max output of 300-lumens, and a throw of 400-feet. You get everything you need for your EDC needs. This model features a built-in lithium-ion battery and an anodized aircraft-grade aluminum body.
- ▶Lightweight & Portable- The micro flashlight weighs 1.35oz and measures only 2.56”x 1.38”x 0.98”, which is compact small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, this size is suitable for carrying
- ▶High Brightness- The bright flashlight has a powerful LED to provide 500lumens illumination at maximum. Besides, the portable flashlight is available to emit a white light with lighting distance up to 262ft beam
- ▶3 Lighting Modes- Our keychain flashlight has 3 lighting modes-High-500lm,Med-300lm and Low-150lm.The LED high mode of the small flashlight is very bright and the spot beam is wide. Even if you change to the LED spot light low mode, the brightness is 150lumens, which is enough for daily use
- ▶High Quality- This compact flashlight are made of anodized aircraft-grade aluminium, and it is water and impact resistant. The cap clip design makes the small light can be clipped on a baseball cap to as a head light. It can be easily attached to key ring owning to the carabiner design
- ▶Rechargeable Battery- The USB rechargeable flashlight can be fully charged easily. Micro USB to USB charging cable included
The glow in the dark power button makes it easy to locate in the dark and the device charges through micro-USB. You get a cap clip to turn this flashlight into a headlamp, and three lighting modes to suit your environment.
- Mid-range performance up to 300-lumens
- Lightweight and compact fits to your keyring
- 150-foot light range with three lighting modes
- Head clip for caps to turn it into a headlamp
- Micro-USB charging
- Glow in the dark on/off button
- Might be a little underpowered for some uses
RovyVon Aurora A3 Pro
The RovyVon is a great keyring flashlight with powerful performance. With this model, you get five lighting modes, including a strobe. The max output features 700-lumens, with a CREE LED powering the torch.
- This keychain flashlight weighs 0.71oz, with a dimension of 2.38(L)x0.61(W) inches, smaller than your finger. Made of 7075 aerospace aluminum, built for rough handling.
- 5000K Warm White, using orange peel reflector for a good beam shot.5 different setting(Ultra low-Low-Med-High-Strobe), max output 500 lumen, small but Ultra Bright. Useful for everyday carry, camping trips, scouts, hiking, or an emergency light.
- IP66-rated water resistance ensures that this edc flashlight doesn’t get wet and light your way in the dark no matter snowstorm or just plain old rain. (Can not soak into the water directly) Come with SS Keyring to attach with the key for easy access. Come with reversible pocket clip so you can easily attach it to your bag, purse, cap or clothing.
- This high lumen small flashlight included a 330mAh Li-po rechargeable battery which can power the light for 35 hours when on moonlight mode(2 lm). The memory mode also allow you to rapid double click to get to the mode you used over 3 mins.
- What You Get: Two years warranty, RovyVon A3Pro Flashlight, User Manual, SS Keyring, USB Cable, Pocket Clip, Warranty Card.
This model is a great choice for an EDC flashlight and recharges with micro-USB. It’s a bit on the pricey side, but you get a brass casing for a premium look and plenty of technology built into a small device.
- Brass housing for superior drop resistance and custom look
- Cree XP-G3 5000K Warm White LED
- IP66 rating for water resistance
- Five lighting modes with 700-lumen output
- Comes with stainless steel keyring
- Built-in 300-mAh battery offering a 35-hour service life
- Memory mode included
- 2-year warranty
- Some might not like the design
Thrunite H01 Max
This model focuses on multi-duty performance. You get the option of handheld or headlamp use with this flashlight. The CREE XP-G2 LED provides powerful performance, with over 600-lumens.
- SUPER BRIGHT HEADLAMP - Max 687 lumens flashlight with highly efficient CREE XP-G3 LED bulb produces an intense beam distance up to 298 ft/91 m, it is ideal for long range vision & long-lasting use.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL USE - H01 flashlight can be used as a Headlamp or handheld EDC flashlight for its removeable head strap and compact size, one button switch design provides easy one hand operation to cycle through brightness levels, free your hands.
- SIX BRIGHTNESS MODES - Intelligent Firefly/ Low / Medium / High / Turbo /SOS light modes, meet all your needs at night. Will be a good choice for camping, hiking, cycling, indoor and other outdoor activities.
- USB RECHARGEABLE - Includes a rechargeable battery and a Micro USB cable, H01 can be charged everywhere, like car charger, power bank or PC, no worry about low battery in an emergency.
- LIGHTWEIGHT and WATERPROOF - H01 compact flashlight weights only 2.77oz/78.5g, made with aircraft grade aluminum with waterproof IPX-8, it can be used in all weather and everywhere, which is a powerful and vital tool in the dark.
With a 318-foot throw, you get plenty of range, and six brightness modes to customize to your environmental conditions. The Thrunite comes with a rechargeable 650mAh battery and IPX8 waterproof rating.
- Multi-functionality flashlight and headlamp
- The CREE XP-G2 LED bulb gives a range of up to 318-feet
- Max mode features a 687-lumen output
- Comes with head strap and mount
- Six brightness modes with single click button selection
- Built-in 650-mAh lithium-ion battery
- Lightweight and compact for EDC
- Comes with IPX8 waterproof rating for use in all weather conditions
- Design suits the headlamp setup more
OLIGHT Warrior 3S
The Warrior 3S is the latest evolution of the OLIGHT tactical flashlight. This model features design for tactical use at home, or by law enforcement officers. You get a 5,000-mAh rechargeable battery, and up to 2,300-lumens with a 900-foot throw.
- [Enhanced Protection] The flashlight has a built in proximity sensor, that drops the brightness levels to protect against any nearby objects, when the torch is on high, turbo or strobe mode.
- [Ultimate Performance] The olight flashlight is equipped with a TIR optic lens that delivers up to 2300 lumens, with a maximum range of 300 meters.
- [Easy Indicators] The torch has 4 level battery and brightness level indicators around the switch, which is super easy to read in one glance.
- [Dual Switch] A side switch is present to select 6 different modes for your daily use and a dual tail switch is present for tactical operation. Further, the tail cap is re-engineered to support optical dual button magnetic remote switch for mounting on a long setup.
- [Magnetic Charging] The tactical led flashlight, with the customized rechargeable battery is easy to charge with the help of MCC3 USB magnetic charging cable.
This model is the most powerful in this review, and a great choice for self-defense. You get a tactical bezel, grooved grip, and a tail cap on/off button for use in an assault grip. The body of this model features design and construction with aircraft-grade anodized aluminum for a durable and scratch-resistant finish.
- High-power output with 2,300-lumens
- 300 meters throw range
- 21,700-mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery included
- Textured non-slip grip
- Tactical bezel for self-defense
- Battery life display
- Tail switch for tactical operation
- Comes with a clip and flashlight bag for EDC
- Gets hot after 2 hours usage
This compact model is a great choice for EDC use. You get an ultra-bright CREE LED, powered by a 5,000-mAh battery. In firefly mode, you get up to 50-days of runtime and fast charging with USB-C. This model comes with six adaptable lighting settings, including a strobe for tactical use.
- ULTRA BRIGHT: True 3757(max) high lumens output and 518ft/158m beam distance with CREE XHP70 LED.
- TYPE-C FAST CHARGING: Built-in TYPE-C charging port with more compatibility and faster charging. Power indicator: Blue (>21%), Red (11-20%), Flashing Red (<10%).
- LONG-LASTING: Powered by a rechargeable Battery (Included), with up to 69 days of runtime in firefly mode.
- VERSATILE MODES: Features 6 adaptable settings: High / Medium / Low / Turbo / Strobe / Firefly, 99.9% of regular everyday situations can be covered. With lockout function prevent accidental activation in bag or pocket.
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE: Pocket-friendly design, Weight: 3.06 oz / 87 grams(excluding battery), Dimensions: 112mm*30.5mm*26mm. Dual direction clip is perfect for a backpack or belt.
This compact and portable design features a pocket or belt clip and weighs a little over 3-oz. This model is a great choice for all types of users, from camping to commuting.
- Featuring construction with a CREE XHP70 LED
- 518-foot throw with 725-lumens and up to 3757-lumens on turbo mode
- 5,000-mAh lithium-ion battery included
- Six lighting modes, including strobe function
- Power indicator
- Compact and portable design
- Belt clip included
- USB-C fast charging design
- Top fitting can loosen in pocket
Nitecore MH12 V2
NiteCore brings a tactical model into its range with the MH12 V2. This model features a tactical bezel and grip for self-defense use. There is fast USB-C charging of the 21700 battery, and dual switch design.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE TACTICAL FLASHLIGHT - triple the runtime and 20% brighter, still compact for EDC, the NITECORE MH12 v2 has 1200 lumen output at 220 yards of throw
- RECHARGEABLE WITH EXTENDED RUNTIME - MH12 v2 with a USB-C fast charging port provides 3 hours and 45 minutes of runtime on turbo and up to 62 days on low.
- EASY TO OPERATE - Tactile tail switch for momentary and constant activation, and side switch for mode selection: 4 brightness settings with strobe, SOS and beacon.
- IDEAL EDC DUTY LIGHT - At just over six inches in overall length, a solid choice as a duty light or EDC flashlight with the included durable hard holster, pocket clip and lanyard.
- MH12 V2 STARTER KIT - included in this bundle is a NITECORE Rechargeable MH12 v2 flashlight, USB-C charging cable, NTH10 tactical holster, LumenTac organizer and more.
You get a powerful 1,200-lumen performance on max mode, with strobe, beacon, and SOS functions, along with four lighting modes. This model is ideal for use in security, law enforcement, and military operations.
- Tactical tail switch included
- Compact and lightweight
- Produces up to 1,200-lumens with a 600-foot throw
- Front bezel for self-defense
- Four brightness modes
- Three lighting functions, including strobe
- The strobe features altering frequencies, providing a dizzying effect
- Optical scratch-resistant lens
- Belt clip for EDC
- Tactical model might be overkill for some people
Fenix PD40R v2
We wrap up with the Fenix PD4OR v2. This model offers powerful performance and a tactical look., You get fast charging with USB-C, and a belt clip for EDC use.
- SUPER BRIGHT FLASHLIGHT - PD40R v2 is capable of a super bright 3000 lumen maximum output that reaches 442 yards in distance, an ideal duty light for professionals like law enforcement, inspection, and security.
- HIGH CAPACITY POWER AND RECHARGEABLE - The PD40R v2 has a fast charging USB-C port to fully charge the flashlight within 3.5 hours, ready to go the extra mile whenever you need it.
- PRECISE CONTROL - a mechanical switch that smoothly transits among the four brightness modes and strobe to get the function you need.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT - fits right in the palm of your hand while easy to carry around. A great companion for outdoor excursions such as camping and hiking. Take it with you everywhere!
- COMPLETE PACKAGE - Fenix PD40R v2 flashlight, USB-C charging cable, holster, lanyard, and a LumenTac Organizer
There’s a 5,000-mAh battery, with 3.5-hour run time on max mode. This model comes with an incredible 3,000-lumen count and 442-yard throw.
- Bright 3,000-lumen output on max mode
- 442-foot throw
- Ideal for military and law enforcement duty
- USB-C port for fast charging
- 5,000-mAh battery charges fully in 3.5-hours
- Mechanical rotary switch for smooth operation
- Compact and lightweight for EDC
- Comes with a lanyard, carry holster, and LumenTac battery case
- Slightly heavier than comparable models
Other Best Selling Options
- THIS FLASHLIGHT KIT CONTAINS BATTERY CHARGER YOU NEED: A flashlight should have battery and charger,otherwise it can't work, you have to pay more money to buy them.While our flashlight kit contains flashlight battery charger and cable. The included bike mount is used in your bike for riding. You could put all the parts in the gift box which it is convenient to carry and store.It is good for camping,hiking,fishing or any outdoor activities or emergency power cut for backup
- BATTERY POWER : SUPPORTS OUR SUPPLIED BATTERY OR 3x AAA BATTERIES: Put our battery into the white tube Or take 3x AAA batteries into the black battery holder then put into the flashlight. We offer 1pcs rechargeable battery,the power is 2 times higher than ordinary ones in the market. When the battery power is low,please charge it in time .Please confirm the positive(+) and negative(-). Attention: AAA battery is not included
- MANY KINDS OF FAST USB CHARGING METHODS：Push/pull the head,you will find a 3.5mm charging port,put our battery with the white tube into the flashlight,connect the USB cable with wall charger in your home,or you can connect the USB devices in outdoors such as power bank,notebook. When you are driving,you can connect the car charger to charge it .Usually 6-8 hours is enough,the indicator will turn to green,if over 12hours,stop the charging.For safety, don’t charge it overnight
- ZOOMABLE ADJUSTABLE DURABLE METAL HARD CASE WATERPROOF FLASHLIGHT : It is made of Aluminium Alloy,durable,shockproof,waterproof,can work in raining day,but can’t into water for long time. Push/pull the head to adjust the focus,spot light and flood light for different using. Press the switch lightly to change modes: high/middle/low/strobe/SOS, SOS mode is great for emergency aid, the power is enough to go for one night camping or hiking
- PHIXTON CUSTOMER SERVICE : we are 24 hours online .Please feel free to contact us if there is anything wrong with the product. We are providing high quality products and the best service as our aims.Wish you happy every day
- 【20000 LUMENS SUPER BRIGHT FLASHLIGHT】: Goreit G1915 flashlights high lumens is equipped with an upgraded XHP70.2 chip. This LED flashlights can produce super high output up to 20,000 lumens, which is 10 times brighter than regular flashlights. It can easily illuminate an 1500-square-foot room or focus on objects up to 1,640 feet away. Put the flashlight accessories in the gift box, which is very convenient to carry. A good quality flashlight kit is also the perfect gift for friends and family.
- 【UPGRADED RECHARGEABLE FLASHLIGHT & USB CHARGING | POWER INDICATOR LIGHT】: The rechargeable flashlights has been completely upgraded to shorten the charging time and extend the service life, the working time is up to 12 hours on a single charge. The flashlights high lumens rechargeable can be charged by the USB cable, which allows you to charge the flash light more conveniently. The power indicator above the flashlight can help you clearly know the battery usage (100%, 75%, 50%, 25% ).
- 【ZOOMABLE & 5 LIGHT MODES】: The brightest flashlight has 5 modes: High/Medium/Low/Strobe/SOS. In any mode, we can press and hold the button for 3 seconds to turn off the led flashlights high lumens. According to we need, we can stretch the head of the high powered flashligh to change the focal length and beam size, freely choose long-distance observation and wide-range lighting. It is very suitable for camping, hiking, dog walking or any outdoor activities and emergency power-off backup.
- 【IP67 WATERPROOF & PRACTICALLY INDESTRUCTIBLE】: Goreit G1915 IP67 waterproof tactical flashlights is made of aviation grade aluminum alloy, which is durable and specially developed for rough handling and can withstands a 10-foot drop. This high powered flashlight has passed strict testing, including freezing, underwater submersion and running over with a full-sized truck, it still works! The handheld flashlights for emergencies is ideal for use in rain, snow, never fear of bad environments.
- 【GREAT VALUE LED FLASHLIGHT KIT】: What you will get : 1x Goreit G1915 super bright flashlight, 1x Powerful battery and USB charging cable, 3x AAA Batteries and Keychain light, 1x Lanyard and Flashlight holster, 1x Operation instructions and Gift box. You will be pleasantly surprised by the brightness, quality, longevity and performance of the powerful flashlights, If you have any questions about this flashlight, please feel free to contact us. We will be happy to answer your questions.
- [Dual Switch Design & Power Indicator] These flashlights have 2 switches to control 5 light modes, much more convenient. One of the rechargeable flashlight switches is specially designed for emergencies.(Just one-click to strobe, keep you always safe in emergency.) This flashlight has an intelligent low battery warning function to remind you to charge it. When the power is less than 30%, the indicator will turn from green to red. Power indicator will also help you better master charging status.
- [Ultra Bright Rechargeable Flashlights] With the upgraded powerful XML T6 LED, the high-lumen tactical flashlight delivers up to 1500 lumens(max). Its ultra-bright beam effortlessly illuminates an entire backyard. Easily zoomable from wide to narrow beam. Also with a pocket-clip for portable carry. It is small & compact enough to fit in your hands, pocket or backpack allowing for easy storage and quick access.
- [USB Rechargeable & Long-lasting] You don’t need to be busy replacing batteries constantly, very handy rechargeable flashlight and built-in 3000mAh Large-capacity rechargeable battery, the led flashlight only takes about 4 hours to fully recharge with overcharge protection. A single charge can provide up to 12 hours of continuous runtime in low mode and 3 hours in high mode.
- [Durable & Waterproof] With a solid aluminum built and 3-layers of USB port waterproof protective cover design. Never worry about using the flash light in heavy rain, snow or other extreme weather. Perfect flashlight for use around the house, dog walking, or camping.
- [Great Value & 100% Satisfaction]: A great gift idea for both men and women. Includes 2 x rechargeable flashlights, 2 x Rechargeable Battery, 2 x USB Cable,1 x User Manual. 90 days money back & 1 years replacement guarantee. Friendly customer service. Buy with confidence!
- Super bright LED Rechargeable flashlight, 2000Lumen, 4Modes: Bright Rechargeable Flashlight delivery a high output 2000 Lumen Max that the beam distance can be up to 600ft, zoomable function help this Magnetic LED Flashlight can be fully zoomable from large area floodlight to focused spotlight; Tactical Flashlight have 4 Modes:High / Low / COB SOS/ COB sidelight modes ,SOS mode keep you always safe in any emergency situation.
- LED Flashlight with Magnet & COB sidelight ----- Rechargeable LED Flashlight design a strong magnetic base that you could attach this torch to any iron surface, combine with COB sidelight for a larger area illumination, Hoxida Magetic Rechargeable Flashlight could totally let you hands free when you need do some repair working at night, emergency car inspection or power outage at typhoon weather.
- USB Rechargeable Flashlight, Long-lasting,Overcharge protection --- USB charged flashlight,only need 3hours get a full charged via any USB port,Tactical rechargeable flashlight can run up to 10hours(Low mode) working time; rechargeable LED flashlight with UL Listed and upgrated version of overcharge protection, the flash light will stop charging when it fully charged,so that you don't need worry about the safety issues when you forget the flashlight is in charging.(Ba-tt-ery not included)
- Waterproof Flashlight, pocked size --- With IPX6 high level waterproof level, you could use this Tactical Flashlights in rainny or snowy day, small LED Flashlight size only 5.46in length and with a friendly pocket-clip, which mean this compact flashlight is the best choice for your edc flashlight or camping flashlight.
- Smart One Key Off Fuction ------ Hoxida LED Flashlight unique One key Off design, solve the problem about cycle through all modes to turn off the flashlight: easily long press the button 2S, then this rechargeable led flashlight will directly turn off. Simple and easy to use, a convenient and essential design for flashing outdoor camping , Emergency use.
- ✔️[RECHARGEABLE FLASHLIGHT]: Grab this Energizer Rechargeable Penlight for powerful light in a small form factor that you can recharge again and again
- ✔️[SMALL BUT MIGHTY]: LED technology delivers exceptional brightness in a compact flashlight that slips into your pocket
- ✔️[CLOSE-UP LIGHTING]: Shine this rechargeable light when you need bright, directional illumination, whether you're indoors or outdoors, at home or at work
- ✔️[SUPER BRIGHT]: This rechargeable penlight puts off 400 lumens with a beam reaching 40 meters for 1 hour on High mode—or 125 lumens for 3 hours on Low mode
- ✔️[DURABLE]: IPX4 water-resistant and impact-resistant up to 1 meter for a tough little LED penlight
Rechargeable Flashlight Buyer’s Guide
When you need light, it’s always in an emergency. Sure, you can turn on the torch on your phone, and that can help. However, a cellphone torch has a low lumen count and a pathetic throw. As a result, you can’t see much more than a few feet in front of you.
Carrying an EDC rechargeable flashlight on your belt or keyring can help you find what you’re looking for in low-light conditions. In this post, we’ll unpack the features, functions, and benefits of owning an EDC rechargeable flashlight.
Understanding Your Flashlight Choices
Rechargeable flashlights come in different shapes and sizes, with various uses. Some are lighting devices, while others come with options for self-defense. Choosing the right flashlight for your needs depends on how you plan on using the device.
Some models cost $20, while others can have a price tag well over $100. What do you need out of a flashlight? Is paying more for your model the better way to go? These questions are important to answer and form the foundation of your choice.
You get pocket-sized models and flashlights that are the length of your forearm. Which one is right for your needs? If you’re a woman looking for an EDC flashlight, chances are you’re not going to find yourself overly concerned with the self-defense aspects of the model.
However, you might want a model that offers compact storage on your keyring or the side of your bag. If you’re a male security guard, then a tactical bezel for striking might be useful to your job, and an important feature of your EDC flashlight.
Choosing the right models to meet your needs depends on how you plan on using the flashlight, and the types of situations you frequently encounter that require a flashlight.
Rechargeable flashlights are more expensive than your traditional flashlight. These models come with lithium-ion batteries, and plenty of modes and functions., you can expect to pay more, depending on the battery size and the size of the flashlight itself.
Some of the features to look for in your new rechargeable flashlight include the following.
- Pricey models are powerful because they use premium circuitry and LEDs
- Rechargeable batteries can significantly add to the cost of your flashlight
- Features of light impact resistance, waterproofing, and multiple lighting modes can add to your flashlight costs.
- Look at how the torch turns on and off, will it accidentally turn on in your glove box or your backpack?
- Is there any tool required for changing the bulbs?
- What kind of service life can you expect from the device?
- If you’re wearing gloves, is it easy to access the flashlight functions?
Does the look of the flashlight meet your daily requirements? If you’re a law enforcement officer, then flashlight should have a metal body with bezels and a powerful beam with a strobe mode. All of these considerations play a role in choosing the right model for your EDC needs.
The ANSI FL1 standards introduced in 2009 cover the testing and rating of all flashlights. Manufacturers need to comply with these standards when designing and producing any type of flashlight, regardless of whether it is rechargeable or battery-operated.
Most brands do in-house testing and include the performance data on their website of the product packaging. Here are the top components to look for when selecting your new rechargeable flashlight.
The flashlight will have a light output reading measured in lumens. The lumen count is the measure of brightness produced by the LEDs in the flashlight. Most manufacturers include multi-mode settings, allowing you to choose from up to six brightness levels to throw your flashlight.
The brightness of the device plays a significant role in its utility. The intensity of the beam, the distance of the throw, and the type of light all play a significant role in the efficacy of the flashlight in different lighting applications.
Lumen counts can range from ambient lighting at 20-lumens, to blinding light at 1,800-lumens or more. The average throw for a rechargeable flashlight is around 400-feet. However, some models may throw light up to 900-feet or more, depending on the LED.
The lumen count is the first specification you need to look at when purchasing your rechargeable flashlight. However, the throw of the beam is just as important as the lumen count. The throw describes the distance the light reaches from the torch.
The average throw for a flashlight is around 400-feet. Some models can get throws of 900-feet or more, with a good hi-end range being around 700-lumen for most premium models. The battery life will affect both the throw and the lumen count. The lower the battery reserve, the weaker the output.
Most modern models overcome this issue of diminishing throw and lumen drop. Engineers use specialized circuitry to manage the power and performance of the flashlight.
The run time of your flashlight gives you its threshold of performance., when the battery runs dry, it’s game over, and you’ll have to recharge. Rechanging your device from flat may take up to 4-hours, depending on the model. It’s not advisable to let your flashlight battery drop below 30%.
Falling below this level results in damage to the battery. However, 1.5-hour run time is plenty of time behind your flashlight. You might only use it for a few minutes at a time, getting a few days of usage off a single charge.
Look for models that offer run times over 1.5-hours, and service life of 50,000-hours on the LED. The LED in your device should provide around a years’ worth of performance at peak levels. Eventually, the lumen count drops, and you’ll need to replace the LED to improve the performance.
Flashlights are electronic equipment, and most of them don’t do well with impact resistance. If you’re in law enforcement or need a model for use around the campsite, we recommend looking for models featuring rubberized or hardened steel casings.
Your flashlight should feature a drop-proof rating in feet. Most flashlights can withstand drops from three to four feet without sustaining major damage to the LED or the lens. Manufacturers rate flashlights performance in drop resistance. They run a test at a specified distance to determine the drop rating.
Manufacturers rate flashlights for water resistance on the IPX system. You get three categories of ratings for water-resistance.
- IPX4 – Splash resistant from all angles
- IPX7 – temporary immersion: 30 minutes at 1m
- IPX8 – submersion: 4 hours at a specified depth.
LED technology dominates the rechargeable flashlight market as the preferred lighting system for the device. With an LED, you get powerful performance in a small package. LEDs are efficient, offer high-performance and extended service life for your flashlight.
The rechargeable flashlight comes with a lens reflector surrounding the bulb, influencing the device’s dispersion. There are three options available for beam types.
Flood (or fixed beam) – This beam has a single width. It’s a good choice for trail walking and general tasks around the campsite.
Spot (or focused beam) – A single beam condensing into a spotlight format over a long distance. This beam type is the best choice for fast-paced activities, such as tracking game at night.
Adjustable Beam – The width of the beam ranges, from narrow to wide, depending on the operator selection. You can switch between these beam modes in modern flashlights, customizing your lighting experience to suit your conditions.
Rechargeable flashlights with regulated power supplies provide a stable brightness level at peak output throughout the battery lifecycle. There is no drop-off performance as the battery life weakens. The circuitry ensures you get stable light from the device until it runs out of battery. At that stage, the light cuts out completely instead of slowly fading.
Look for rechargeable flashlights with different lighting modes. The best models come with three to seven modes. You’ll have options for a low, mid, and high beam option, along with other features like strobe function.
Strobes are a great option for self-defense. With a multi-frequency strobe, you confuse your attacker’s senses, allowing you to escape or counterattack while they remain off-balance.
Some models may offer emergency signally functions, or extra turbo brightness modes. It’s important to note that the stronger the lumen count in high-power turbo modes, the shorter your battery life.
When choosing your flashlight, make sure you understand the controls of the device. The buttons can make a considerable difference in the torch’s performance, especially in EDC or tactical situations.
Some models come with swiveling bezels to move between lighting modes. Others rely on flush-mount or raised buttons on the body. Some flashlight models feature rear taillights for tactical purposes. This setup allows you to use a defensive grip and posture when using the torch.
Look for models that offer locking functions, preventing accidental operation of the flashlight while in your pocket or bag.
Rechargeable Flashlight FAQs
What’s the service life of a rechargeable flashlight?
The service life of the flashlight refers to the service life of the LED blub included with your model. The service life differs, depending on the brand and model of the LED. The best LEDs last up to 50,000-hours or more, with poor-quality LEDs producing half of that. Most models last around a year with daily use, providing around 400-charging cycles.
What rechargeable flashlight do police and military use?
The police and military rely on the Streamlight Stinger DS LED HL and the Streamlight Strion DS HL. These flashlights are reliable and come with tactical features useful in the field. You get a powerful beam, with plenty of range, and multi-use functionality as a handheld weapon in self-defense situations. Both models feature a rechargeable set up for easy maintenance.
What’s the best way to keep your flashlight charged?
Most rechargeable flashlights come with a micro-USB charging port. We recommend carrying a high-portable battery bank with you for a portable charge source when camping.
Where is the best place to buy a rechargeable flashlight?
We recommend buying your rechargeable flashlight from Amazon. Amazon has a great range and the best prices online. You get buyer protection for your purchase, and Prime members get ultra-fast shipping to your doorstep.
The Verdict – The Best Rechargeable Flashlight
By now, you should have a good idea of the best rechargeable flashlight for your EDC needs. However, there’s a chance some of you are still on the fence with your decision. In that case, why not rely on our top models? We looked through dozens of models to bring you the best we could find online. Our top three picks have something to suit any budget and any requirement for the best EEDC flashlight available.
- The Streamlight 75458 Stinger DS is the top choice of military and law enforcement officers. This handy torch has a rugged frame that’s drop-proof and scratch-resistant. You get an unbreakable polycarbonate lens, with a 50,000-hour lifetime warranty, and a 3-Watt bulb for 700-lumens of light. This Streamlight model gives you a runtime of 1.5-hours on the high setting, with 120-volt or AC/12-volt DC piggyback charging available as a standard with the flashlight.
- The Streamlight 75763 Stinger LED HPL is the next level of our best overall choice in this review. You get all the same powerful features s the previous Stinger model. However, this flashlight features a C-4 LED for additional power, and up to 700-lumens. You get all the same multi-mode functionality as the other Stinger model, with a wider field of view and range with this model.
- If you’re looking for the best budget buy in this review, you need the NiteCore TIP SE. This tiny flashlight has some serious power, with four brightness modes and a max output of 700-lumens in a compact and lightweight package. The NiteCore comes with a holster that attaches to your belt, allowing you to take it with you. The NiteCore has all the functionality of top models, with strobe and O-ring sealed lenses.