To help you on your quest for finding the highest quality bag for gun range practice, we’ve taken the liberty of doing the research for you and we’ve narrowed down the choices to what we believe to be the very best pistol range bags.
In this guide, we’ve compiled our picks of the highest quality, most reliable models, which highlight the key features that each bag offers.
We’ve also included a handy buyer’s guide, which spotlights the most important factors that you should take into consideration when you’re shopping for a bag, and wrap things up by answering some of the most frequently asked questions that consumers have about pistol range bags.
With the information presented in this guide, you’ll be able to choose the best option to suit your specific needs.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Range Bag Reviews
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Range Bag Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Range Bag FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
These reviews are brief and highlight the most notable features that are associated with the bags in each category, making it easy for readers who don’t have a lot of time to read through the more detailed reviews that will be presented in the next section.
Best Pick: Case Club Tactical Pre-Cut 4-Pistol Backpack with Rainfly and Molle Straps
- Hands free transportation to and from the range or on the trails
- The foam cradle is designed to fully protect and hold 4 handguns up to 8 5/8" in overall length
- Twin side pockets store 6 extra magazines each along with all your gear
- Pull-out rain cover protects gear in case of a sudden downpour
- Built in Molle straps allow you to attach extra gear to the outside
The best pistol range bags are well-constructed, durable, easy to carry, and offer plenty of space to keep your gear organized. The Case Club Tactical Pre-Cut 4-Pistol Backpack with Rainfly and Molle Straps checks off all of these elements, which is why it’s our pick for the best overall pistol range bag. The manufacturer spoke with countless shooters to find out their input about the features that a high-quality and reliable pistol range bag should offer, and based on that information, they developed their Tactical 2nd Generation 4-Pistol Backpack, which serves as a one stop mobile armory.
Premium Pick: GPS Tactical Range Backpack
- Tan tactical range backpack
- Internal (honey comb) frame for rigidity
- Triple stitched molle webbing System
- Visual I.D. Storage System
- 1000 denier polyester with Teflon coating.Lockable Zippers
For serious shooters who are looking for a pistol range backpack that would be suitable for combat, the GPS Tactical Range Backpack is an outstanding choice and our pick for the best premium model. It’s a free-standing backpack, which not only makes it and comfortable to carry, but it also allows you to access your gear quickly and easily. There are three individual, removable, and padded pistol cases, and each one offers enough space to hold a pistol and four magazines.
Budget Pick: Soar Owl Tactical Gun Range Bag
- 【Nice Size of Gun Range Bag】- Exterior Dimensions 18"x13"x10" (WxDxH), Interior main compartment Dimensions 13" x 9" x 9"(WxDxH).Specially designed for the range, travel,and hunting. Most customer think that it is perfect size for their range essentials, you can measure with rulers before you buy it.
- 【Ultra-durable Pistol range bag】Our SoarOwl Shooting Range Bag is made of 900D polyester fabric, and the pistol range bag is double sewn at all strength points, which is robust, waterproof, water-resistant, heavy duty but lightweight. Zipper is strong quality and doesn't jam up like on other cheap bags.
- 【Excellent Range Duffle Bag Keep Everything in Order】2 adjustable Velcro dividers allow you to customize the main compartment to individuals (up to 3) for weapons and ammo as well as ear muffs, glasses, gloves and other range essentials. You can fit 4+ handguns here. Equipped with 5 external zippered pockets. Six built-in magazine holders on both front and back side keep magazines fixed in place(Other products just have six built-in magazine holders on one side).
- 【Supreme Protection Shooting range bag】 Awosome quality range duffle bag can protect your gear against dropping, soaking and other potential damages.The main compartment zipper is with a zipper lock loop(Dia.0.2”) which fits most luggage, provides reliable security to your firearms and ammo(the lock is not included). 4 heavy-duty slip-proof feet design on bottom keeps your range bag above the dust, dirt and damp. The perfect choice for hunting expedition or shooting range sport.
- 【You Can Hold the Tactical Range Bag or Hang it】The SoarOwl gun range bag can be carried by a carry-on handle or a detachable and adjustable shoulder strap sling. The well-padded shoulder strap was very comfortable. Please Note:SoarOwl Stands by 100% quality of tactical range bag. Buy it now, We are sure that you can get an excellent shopping experience.
If you’re looking for a well-made, secure, and reliable pistol range bag that doesn’t cost a bundle, the Soar Owl Tactical Gun Range Bag is an excellent choice and our pick for the best budget option. The main compartment of this duffle-style bag features an adjustable bottom stiffener panel and is accented by eight removable dividers that make keeping your gear neat, organized, and easy to access.
Range Bag Reviews
Now that we’ve given you a sneak peek at our top three pistol range bags, let’s dive in a little deeper and take a closer look. In this section of our guide, we provide more in-depth and detailed reviews of what we think are the highest quality, most reliable, and best made pistol range bags. This includes our pick for the best overall, best premium, and best budget bags, as well as a few additional thoughtfully-made models. In addition to sharing more detailed information about the key features of each bag, we have also included a list of pros and cons for each model.
Case Club Tactical Pre-Cut 4-Pistol Backpack
Our pick for the best overall pistol range backpack comes from Case Club. It’s the manufacturer’s second generation design and it was created after speaking with numerous shooters to find out what they were looking for in a great pistol range bag.
The second generation Tactical Pre-Cut 4-Pistol Backpack with Rainfly and Molle Straps was born out of those interviews. The backpack design allows for convenient, easy, and comfortable hands-free transportation. A rigid main compartment offers space to hold up to four semi-automatic pistols of all sizes – from compact sizes to full-sized 1911 – in an upright position.
A rigid compartment offers enough space to hold up to 4 semi-automatic pistols in an upright position, from compact sized weapons to full-sized 1911. Easy to operate and highly durable zippers can be locked with a padlock to ensure utmost safety so that the bag is legal to tote around.
If the weather turns while you’re out and about, a built-in rain-fly, complete with water resistant zippers, will keep your gear dry. A collection of accessory pockets offer plenty of room for all of your gear and accessories, such as safety goggles and ear protection. The backpack design with Molle straps make the backpack easy and comfortable to carry, and provide plenty of space to strap any items that you want to have close-at-hand, such as a flashlight or a canteen. A strap across the chest provides increased stability and comfort. There are two side pockets, too, which offer enough space to hold up to six extra magazines.
Well-designed and padded shoulder straps, a waist belt, and a chest strap ensure that the backpack stays securely positioned, yet is highly comfortable. Offering plenty of pockets for space to hold all types of gear, including safety glasses, ear protection, snacks, and much, much more; of course, there’s also enough space to hold plenty of ammo, too. the Molle straps allow you to strap on any gear that you want to keep close at hand, such as knives, flashlights, canteens, and holsters.
The closed cell polyethylene foam cradle won’t absorb liquids and can be easily wiped clean. A built-in rain-fly and water-resistant zippers will keep your gear nice and dry in the event that it rains. The heavy-duty zippers are easy to operate and are lockable, too, for added security. There’s a silicon-padded top carry handle, too, so you can tote it by hand.
- Constructed of heavy-duty materials
- Backpack design allows for easy and convenient carrying
- Padded shoulder straps, a chest strap, and a waist strap provide added comfort and security
- Closed cell polyethylene foam cradle
- Built-in rain-fly and water-resistant zippers
- Main compartment can hold four semi-auto weapons in an upright position
- Lockable zippers allow for secure and legal transport
- Plenty of storage space
- Molle straps can be used to secure gear
GPS Tactical Range Backpack
If you’re interested in a high-grade pistol range backpack that could easily be used for combat, the GPS Tactical Range Backpack is definitely a great choice, and our pick for the best premium option.
The backpack design allows for easy and convenient transport, while the adjustable, padded should straps, and a padded waistband ensure comfort and stability. A rigid honeycomb frame and lockable YKK zippers ensure that your weapons remain secure. This backpack-style pistol range bag features three separate removable pistol storage cases, which can accommodate one pistol and four magazines each.
The rigid honeycomb construction of the frame, the backpack is super durable and can withstand all types of wear and tear. YKK zippers keep your gear securely locked up and easy to access and can be locked for added safety.
A visual ID Storage System features clearly marked pockets for things like ear plugs, safety goggles, ear protection, targets, and more. A waterproof pull-out rain cover will keep the contents of the bag dry in the event that the weather turns. The front pocket of the bag unzips and drops flat to serve as a working surface while you’re practicing.
Constructed of 1000 denier polyester that’s treated with DuPont Teflon fabric protectant, complete with Molle webbing, this pistol range bag is exceptionally durable, so you can be sure it will stand up to all types of wear and tear and will last a long time.
- Backpack design allows for hands-free transport
- Padded and adjustable shoulder, chest, and waist straps ensure comfort and stability
- Constructed of 1000 denier polyester that’s treated with a Teflon coating
- YKK lockable zippers ensure your weapons are secure
- Features three individual padded, removable storage cases that can hold 1 pistol and four magazines each
- Boasts a Visual ID Storage System with pockets to hold all of your gear
- Water-resistant zippers and a waterproof pull-out rainfly will keep your gear dry in inclement weather
Soar Owl Tactical Gun Range Shooting Duffle Bags
The Soar Owl Tactical Gun Range Shooting Duffle Bags is very well-made, offers plenty of storage space, is highly secure, and is economically-priced, to boot. Constructed of 900 denier oxford polyester and treated with a water-proof application, this bag is highly durable and weather-resistant.
The bottom of the primary compartment of the duffle bag features an adjustable bottom stiffener panel and there are eight removable dividers, so you can keep your weapons and gear neat, organized, and easy to access. A front and back pocket can hold up to 12 magazines in total, as well as space for any tools you might need to use at the range. The front and back pockets also features two magazine pouches that can be used to hold pistols.
There are two side pockets, too, that offer additional storage space. The zippers are lockable, too. This duffle-style pistol range bag can be carried over the shoulder or as a cross-body bag, thanks to the adjustable strap, or you can use the grab-and-go handles.
Both the main pocket and side pockets feature durable, lockable zippers to ensure safety. There’s plenty of space to hold all of your equipment, including glasses, hearing protection, a spotting scope, and more.
Made of 900D oxford polyester, this bag is extremely durable, waterproof, and can withstand the most extreme conditions. The bottom features slip-proof feet, too, which will prevent the bag from moving around and prevent the bottom from getting dirty, as it sits slightly elevated off the ground.
You can also attach hanging buckles along the outside of the bag so you can quickly access accessories, tools, belts, or even a water bottle. All of these features and the Soar Owl Tactical Gun Range Bag Shooting Duffle Bags is also very affordably priced.
To round out the benefits, the Soar Owl Tactical Gun Range Bag can be carried in two ways: via an adjustable sling shoulder strap or grab-and-go handles. Oh, and as our pick for the best budget pistol range bag, it’s also very affordably priced.
- Constructed of 900 denier water-proof, weather-resistant, heavy-duty material
- Main compartment features an adjustable bottom stiffener panel and eight removable dividers
- Primary pocket and side pockets can be locked
- Front and back pockets can hold up to six magazines each and an additional pistol each
- Plenty of space to hold gear and accessories, including glasses, ear protection, ammo, spotting scopes, and more
- Two ways to carry: with an adjustable shoulder sling strap and grab-and-go handles
- Carrying handles can be attached to the exterior
- Very affordably priced
Calissa Offshore Tackle Backpack – “Apollo 2”
If you’re a serious shooter and you pack serious gear, the Apollo 2 Tactical Rolling Pistol Case Gun range Bag from Calissa Offshore Tackle is an option you should definitely consider. This pistol range bag is the most uniquely designed on our list, as functions as both a rolling back and a backpack.
It’s made of lightweight, breathable, and very durable materials and the zippers are corrosion and rust resistant. There’s a rain cover, too, which will protect your gear in the event that it rains. Standing a 18 inches tall, 14 inches wide, and 8.5 inches deep, and featuring a front trapdoor that measures 9.5 inches by 7 inches by 2 inches, you’ll have plenty of space to store all of your gear.
It offers five individual sections that can accommodate a single pistol and magazines each. A top flap allows for easy access to the interior of the bag, and quick access gear pockets allow you to grab what you need super-fast. It also features removable dividers, which will keep all of your gear neat and organized.
There’s tons of space to keep all of your gear, including bullets, cartridges, scopes, magazines, cleaning supplies, protective eyewear and hearing gear, and so much more. Use the adjustable straps to tote it as a backpack, or use the extendable handle to roll it wherever you need to go.
The Calissa Offshore Tackle Backpack Apollo 2 is also backed by a 30 day “happiness” guarantee and a 12 month warranty, so you can buy in complete confidence.
- Made of lightweight and breathable, yet extremely durable polyester
- Features a pull-out rain flap to keep your gear dry in inclement weather
- Corrosion resistant zipper closures
- Easy to access storage pockets
- Trap-door style storage space in the front of the bag can hold up to five pistols and magazines
- Can be carried as a backpack or moved as a wheeled bag
- Offers plenty of space to store all of your gear
- Backed by a 30 day money back guarantee and a 12 month warranty
Savior Equipment American Classic
Last, but certainly not least, on our list of the best pistol range bags is the Savior Equipment American Classic Tactical Double Long Rifle Pistol Gun Bag Firearm Transportation Case.
It’s different than any of the other bags on our list, as it’s designed to hold two pistols, as well as two rifles, as well as additional storage compartments. Constructed of heavy duty industrial-grade 600D PVC nylon, this bag is extremely durable and can take all types of wear and tear with ease.
The zipper sliders on both firearm compartments feature lockable zippers for reliable security. The Molle grid, paracord zipper, D-ring, and backpack straps further ensure the durability of the bag, as well as the ease of use. Backed by a lifetime warranty, you can purchase the Savior Equipment American Classic Tactical Double Long Rifle Pistol Gun Bag Firearm Transportation Case with complete confidence.
It’s available in five different colors, too, including obsidian black, dark M81 camo, flat dark earth tan, olive drab green, and SW gray.
- Constructed of heavy-duty industrial 600 denier PVC nylon
- Can accommodate two pistols and two rifles with additional pocket compartments
- Lockable zipper sliders on both of the firearm compartments
- Features Molle grid, a paracord zipper, D-ring, and backpack straps
- Backed by a no-questions-asked lifetime warranty
- Available in five different colors
Other Best Selling Options
- DIMENSIONS: Internal dimensions at 18” W x 10” H x 10” D and external dimensions at 22” W x 14” H x 10.5” D
- BE PREPARED: 8 pockets, 8 pistol mag pouches & 2 13.5” x 9.5” padded, single handgun cases; 2 full length accessory pockets, a removable padded ammo bag w/2 internal, zippered side pockets & 2 adjustable hook & loop dividers –Go to for avid shooters
- DURABLE: Constructed with weather resistant, durable, ballistic fabric this pack is built to withstand all conditions
- EASE OF USE: Metal zippers with nylon zipper pulls, a 2” wide, padded shoulder strap with heavy duty spring clip buckles and a dual zippered top opening create quick and easy access to all compartments as well as a secure fit for rugged activities
- Constructed with heavy duty zippers and durable 600D ballistic nylon to protect your gear from the elements and wear
- Features 9 spacious compartments and two adjustable padded dividers to organize your items in the main compartment
- Equipped with 5 external zippered pockets; the 2 large pockets offer magazine, ammunition, and accessory storage
- Secure your handguns with the 2 removable pistol pouches; versatile bag offers shoulder strap and handle carry options
- Light duty bag dimensions are 13.5 inches long by 10.5 inches deep by 7.5 inches tall; designed for the range, travel, and hunting
- ✔ GUN RANGE BAG:External Dimensions: 16" x 11" x 10", Main Compartment Dimensions: 13" x 7" x 9". Designed to Hold 4+ handguns plus gun and your gear.
- ✔ TACTICAL RANGE BAG:Our Shooting Gun Bag is made of 600D polyester fabric, which is robust, waterproof and yet lightweight & Interior Lining to Secure Your Valuable Firearms For Durability.
- ✔ PISTOL RANGE BAG:Our range bag have 4 Pockets,Front zippered pocket with 6 Pistol Magazines Securely with Extra Padding Inside,the other pocket can hold your goggles,Ammo,eye/ear protection and your essential gear.
- ✔ RANGE BAG FOR HANDGUNS:wider grip handle for larger hands and adjustable webbing can comfotable to carry. The front pocket has 2 Velcro to display your patches. The high quality main compartment contains a removable divider for personal organization.
- ✔ FEEL SATISFIED OR MONEY BACK:Thank you very much for liking our Gun Range Bag.If you are unsatisfied with this product, you can communicate with our customer service team at any time. We will be happy to solve it for you. Thank you very much.
- Tan tactical range backpack
- Internal (honey comb) frame for rigidity
- Triple stitched molle webbing System
- Visual I.D. Storage System
- 1000 denier polyester with Teflon coating.Lockable Zippers
- 【SPACIOUS STORAGE SPACE】Tactical duffle bag external dimensions: 15" x 12" x 8" (WxDxH).Interior main compartment Dimensions 14" x 12" x 7" (WxDxH).Designed for shooting,hunting,gun safe.Pistol range bag have Removable shoulder strap can reduce carry stress.
- 【EXQUISITE CRAFTSMANSHIP】Gun range bag constructed with military 600D encryption nylon and strict process design to ensure toughness,water-resistant.Range bag uses Premium lockable zipper ,comfortable damping,not stuck,ensure storage safety.
- 【EXCELLENT PROTECTION FUNCTION】Pistol case has special design a overlapping cover to Isolate pistol, protect pistols.Superb quality pistol bag can protect your equipment from falling, soaking and other potential damage.
- 【MULTI-MODAL CARRYING】Our shooting bag has 7 pockets, the front zipper pocket has 6 pistol magazine pockets, the main space pocket holds pistols, ammunition, earphones, holsters and other equipment, and there are compartments on the bottom and back for protection.
- 【SATISFACTION GUARANTEED】 We do our best to provide you with the best quality pistol range bag on the market! Within 1years, if you don't like it completely, please return the item and We provide warranty.
Range Bag Buyer’s Guide
Whether you’ve been a shooter for a long time or you’ve just purchased your first pistol, you know how important it is to practice using your weapon. After all, the first lesson of proper and safe gun use is practice, practice, practice.
Unless you live on a large piece of property and have access to wide open area, like most people, you’re probably going to practice at a range. Of course, when you head out to the range, you need to bring along all of the necessary equipment.
Your weapon (or weapons), ammo, a target, eye and hearing protection are just some of the items that you’re going to want to take with you to the range; of course, you may want to take other gear with you, too, such as gloves, a hat, and refreshments, for example.
No matter what you plan on bringing with you to the range, trying to juggle it all while it’s loose can be a difficult task. Sure, you could toss it all into a regular knapsack or a duffle bag, there’s a better option. What is it? – A pistol range bag.
A range bag, as the name suggests, is a bag that is made specifically for the shooting range. While they do come in a variety of different sizes and offer different features, they all have something in common: they feature special pockets and compartments that are intended to hold your weapons, ammo, and other necessities that you’d need for shooting practice, as well as any additional incidentals that would make target practice more successful and enjoyable.
Finding a pistol range bag isn’t hard; just visit a guns and ammo, a sporting good, or an online retailer and you’ll find numerous options to choose from. But with so many choices, trying to determine which pistol range bag to go with can seem like an overwhelming and rankly, a taxing task.
Now that you’ve read through our list of the best range bags, you’re probably wondering which one you should choose. While all of these bags are certainly high-quality and offer numerous features, each one offers different benefits and some may be better suited for you than others. So, how do you determine which bag will best suit your needs? By taking some key factors into consideration.
In this part of our guide, we’ll highlight the key features that you should take into consideration when you’re trying to determine which pistol range bag will work best for you.
The Style of the Bag
The first thing that you’re going to want to do is decide which style bag you’re interested in. There are two main styles of pistol range bags:
- Duffle bag. A duffle bag-style pistol range bag is, as the name suggests, designed to look and function like a duffle bag. They usually offer an easy to access main compartment, as well as numerous pockets storage pockets, and can be carried via a shoulder strap or as a cross body-bag. They usually also feature easy grab handles.
- Backpack. Backpack-style pistol range bags are designed to offer hands-free transport. They can either feature two shoulder straps or a single strap that can be slung across the back and shoulders in a cross-body bag style. They are also equipped with several compartments and numerous features. Some backpack pistol range bags can also be function as a wheeled bag, as they are equipped with wheels and handles.
The style of bag that you choose depends on your specific taste, style, and needs. Consider how you will be most comfortable carrying the bag to determine which design will work best for you.
The Size of the Bag
Once you decide which style pistol range bag you are interested in, the next factor that you’re going to want to consider is the size of the bag. The size of the bag, of course, determines the capacity, or how much the bag can hold.
Range storage bags vary largely in size, with some models that can hold five to six pistols, and some can also hold rifles. Make sure that you consider the size of the bag and that it offers enough space to hold the amount of weapons that you want to take along with you.
In addition to the amount of room that bag offers for your weapons, you’re also going to want to consider how much space it offers for things like magazines, ammo, and other important accessories, such as eye and ear protection, etc.
A really well-made range bag will feature specific spots that are dedicated for each piece of equipment that you plan on bringing along with you. They’ll also feature organizational features that make it easy to keep your gear neat, in order, and easy to access.
The durability of a range bag is also another extremely important factor that you’re going to want to consider. Obviously, you’re going to be taking the bag back and forth to the range, but you may be using it outdoors, too; if you’re a hunter, for example.
In addition to being able to withstand wear and tear, you also want to be sure that it can stand up to the heavy materials that your weapons and ammo are made of. High-quality pistol range bags are made of at least 600 denier polyester fabric and they’re also treated with specialized materials that can withstand moisture and make them weather-resistance. A pull-out rain-fly is another element that you’re going to want to consider, as this feature will allow you to keep your gear well-protected if the weather turns bad.
It also a good idea to consider the type of accessories that the bag features, as pistol range bags can be outfitted with numerous accessories. Some feature ID pockets, beverage holders, exterior clips that can be used to secure things like water bottles, knives, and more. While these accessories can be handy and fun, make sure that you really need them, as the more features that a pistol range bag offers, typically, the more expensive it will be.
It’s also extremely important to consider the closures of the bag. Without a doubt, you want to make sure that the closures can be locked in order to ensure safety. Check out the lockable spaces on the closures to make sure that they can hold a durable and reliable padlock.
Lastly, you’re going to want to consider the cost of the pistol range bag. As you can see from our list, these bags vary widely in price. Generally, the larger, the higher the quality of the construction, the more storage features, and the more accessories that the bag offers, the more expensive it will be. In order to avoid spending more than you’re comfortable with, it’s a good idea to set a budget before you start shopping so that you can stick to it.
Range Bag FAQs
Do I really need a range bag?
While you don’t absolutely need one, it’s definitely a worthwhile investment. Because these bags are specifically designed for transporting pistols and accessories for shooting, they make it very easy to stow your gear away in a neat and organized space.
What should I pack in a range bag?
You can pack pretty much anything that you plan on using when you’re at the range in your bag. Obviously, your weapons, as well as ammo, magazines, protective equipment, and any additional accessories that you might use while you’re shooting.
Is a backpack or duffle bag-style bag a better choice?
It really depends on your specific needs and how you will feel the most comfortable carrying the bag.
If you plan on practicing your shooting skills at a range, a pistol range bag is definitely a worthwhile investment. With the information presented in this guide, you’ll be able to choose the bag that will work best for your specific needs so that you can keep your gear neatly, securely, and safely stowed away.