Are you a hunter or sports shooter looking to increase your accuracy on distance shots with your rifle? A rifle bipod can dramatically improve your performance on the range, in the field, or sniping situations.
A rifle bipod is an essential piece of equipment for all the top long gun marksmen. It’s an easy way to stabilize your shot, giving you better accuracy on-target. With a bipod, you get adjustable shooting height, cant, and pivot, allowing you to track moving targets without making adjustments.
After you shoot using a rifle bipod, you’ll never want to go without one again. Bipods are available for a range of rifle platforms, giving you options for any shooting requirement.
In this review, we’ll look at the best rifle bipod models to determine which one you need to purchase for your long gun or assault rifle. We curated a list of the best models from leading manufacturers, giving you options for premium and budget models to suit your wallet.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Rifle Bipod Reviews
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Rifle Bipod Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Rifle Bipod FAQs
- 6 Rifle Bipods – The Verdict
From the ten models we selected for our review, these three represent our top picks. We have something to suit your shooting requirements and your budget.
- Best Pick: Magpul Sling Stud QD Rifle Bipod
The Magpul sling stud QD rifle bipod wins our top choice for the best overall model in this review. You get a mil-spec design with retractable, spring-assisted legs featuring adjustable lengths from 6. 7″ to 10. 0″. This model comes with an anodized 6061 T-6 aluminum and polymer frame, offering one-handed adjustment for easy use in the field. This model is a great choice for hunters, and its streamlined, low-profile look makes it suitable for Assault-style weapons.
- Premium Pick: Atlas V8 Series Sports Hunting Bipod
The Atlas V8 is the top choice of shooting professionals. It might be an expensive model, buts it’s worth the extra money. You get a matte black anodized milspec frame featuring construction with aircraft-grade aluminum. The legs feature adjustments for height, cant, and pivot, with five extension lengths between 5″ to 9″. This model comes with a 0 to 180-degree swivel, allowing for optimal tracking of moving targets. The bottom of the legs and the adjustment wheel feature knurling for better grip when using gloves.
- Budget Pick: QIYI Hunting Rifle Bipod
The QIYI is our top choice for the best budget buy in this review. This bipod is a great choice for your rifle, featuring construction with anodized aircraft-grade aluminum. You get adjustable leg heights between 6″ to 9″ and five height settings. This model is compatible with M-Lok and Picatinny rail systems, giving you versatile use across several platforms. Best of all, it comes with an affordable price tag.
Rifle Bipod Reviews
After reading through our top picks, let’s unpack them in detail. We’ll also look at a few other models that qualify for the best rifle bipod.
Magpul Sling Stud QD Rifle Bipod
Rifle owners looking for the best overall rifle bipod will get the best value from this Magpul Sling Stud QD model. This bipod comes with a hard milspec anodized finish and construction with 6061 T-6 aircraft-grade aluminum and Injection-molded polymer frame.
This model features an aesthetically pleasing design, with a flat dark earth finish and a low-profile design. The swivel mechanism features knurling for easy adjustment with gloves and 50-degrees of tilt with 40-degrees of panning.
With the Magpul bipod, you get a sleek, streamlined design, limiting catching on the brush and other obstacles in the field. This model comes with spring-tension legs and extensions from 6.3″ to 10.3″ for adjustable shooting height.
- Made of lightweight Mil-Spec hard anodized 6061 T-6 aluminum and injection-molded polymer; Aesthetically pleasing, low-profile design conceals its mechanisms and hardware, smoothly brushing off snags and bumps
- Optimized for rapid one-handed adjustment; Quickly and quietly transitions between countless user configurations; Uncle Mike’s-style sling stud on rear of mounting body
- Easily loaded with stabilizing forward tension without fear of failure or warping; At just over 11 ounces, the Magpul bipod is lighter than many pricier bipods currently on the market
- Spring-tension legs stow neatly forward and snap down and lock into place with one hand; Leg extensions slide and lock securely with the push of a button on any of the seven half-inch spaced locking detents
- Offers 50 degrees of total tilt controlled by a glove-friendly knurled tool-less bipod locking knob located between the extended legs, allowing easy adjustment between shots
You get the option for plenty of user configurations, with user-friendly one-handed adjustments. This bipod features your choice of Sling Stud QD, 1913 Picatinny Rail, M-LOK, or A.R.M.S. 17S Style mounting systems for use on a wide variety of tactical and sporting rifles.
This model comes with a lightweight design, weighing less than 11-oz. You get seven leg locking positions, with spring-button assisted closure. There are soft rubber feet for traction on any surface, and the legs fit neatly under the rifle barrel, measuring 2.3″ deep and 3.3″ wide.
This model is a top choice for hunters and sports shooters; it also works as a tactical bipod for assault-style platforms.
- Sporting milspec design
- Extending from 6. 7″ to 10. 0″
- Anodized 6061 T-6 aluminum
- Injection-molded polymer
- Low profile design
- One-handed adjustment
- Stabilizing forward tension
- Spring-assisted legs
Atlas V8 Series Sports Hunting Bipod
The Atlas V8 is an excellent choice for professional shooters and law enforcement officers looking for the best premium rifle bipod. This model features a patented built-in pan and cant, with 5–9″ leg extension length, pivoting up to 90-degrees and panning to 30-degrees.
This Atlas model comes with five swivel positions at 0, 45, 90, 135, and 180 degrees. You get a lightweight design thanks to the construction with aircraft-grade aluminum. This model comes with a milspec anodized finish for corrosion resistance and knurling on the legs for easy grip and adjustment when wearing gloves.
The Atlas V8 attaches to your rifle using a Picatinny Rail Mount interface or an optional ARMS 17S lever mount. The bipod comes with non-orientated leg length adjustment by hand. The slides on the inner leg locate in five positions, 3/4″ apart, for versatile setups.
- FIT - ATLAS BT10 V8 Atlas Bipod mounts directly to any 1913 style Picatinny rail via a low profile two screw clamp assembly.
- MADE OF HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL - It is comprised of 6061-T6 aluminum that is Mil-Spec Type III hard coat anodized and have heat treated stainless steel components
- STABILIZATION – The Atlas bipods feature standard soft, durable Rubber feet that are suitable for many surfaces
- POSITIONING - Independent, intentional and non-orientated leg positioning allows either hand to move leg into any of the five leg positions
- MANUFACTURER – These Atlas bipods are proudly designed, engineered, machined and assembled in America
This model comes with an optional 3″ extension and an interchangeable foot system, including ski, cleat, spike, and Cleated spiked feet, offering you easy swaps in the field.
This model comes with a low-profile design and high-quality components, making it our top premium choice. All Atlas bipods feature design and manufacture in the USA, they might be expensive, but you’re buying top-quality rifle accessories.
- A top professional choice
- High-quality design with knurling on legs
- Picatinny mounting
- Milspec design with 6061-T6 aluminum
- Type III anodized hard coat
- Five leg positions 5″ to 9″
- Swivel from 0 to 180-degrees
QIYI Hunting Rifle Bipod
Hunters and sports shooters looking for the most affordable rifle bipod will get the best value from this QIYI model.
You get spring-loaded legs, featuring adjustment in four positions between 6″ to 9″. This model comes with a sling screw mounting system, featuring an upgraded high-tension mounting screw for reliable use.
This model is the ideal choice for the cost-conscious sports shooter or hinter. You get high-quality components in a low-cost package with this model. The QIYI features construction with aircraft-grade aluminum for lightweight carry. The QIYI comes with notched locking legs offering five height settings to meet your shooting preferences.
- The bipod is built with upgraded mount tension screw which is high strength and has deep enough threads to hold tension.
- This bipod is made of the finest aircraft grade aluminum and materials Bipod features Notched locking legs, Swivel pivot for sue on uneven ground or Diverse shooting conditions, Rubberized feet , Protective stock pads on the bipod so to not damage.
- The bipod legs have 5 notches. You can extend and lock the bipod legs to any of the notches you desire by slightly pressing the button.
- It provides the shooter with an adjustable 30 degree pan and tilt for perfect use in uneven terrain, making it easy to aim the crosshairs on the target.
- Providing the strength and stability of the striker needs, and folding design, easy to carry.
The QIYI bipod comes with a swivel pivot for use on uneven terrain, and you get protective stock pads that ensure the bipod doesn’t scratch your rifle frame. This model features button extension and retraction, with a 30-degree pan and tilt for easy adjustment and versatile setups.
You get rubber feet for traction on any shooting surface and an anti-corrosive anodized finish. This bipod also comes with an adapter allowing fitment to a 1913 Picatinny rail system on assault-style rifles. As a result, it’s a good choice for any rifle owner looking for a low-cost solution.
- Made from anodized aircraft-grade aluminum
- Adjustable height between 6″ to 9″
- Five height setting
- Upgraded mounting screw with 1913 Picatinny adapter
- Rubberized feet and protective stock pads
- Spring-assisted design
Accu-Tac BR-4 G2
The Accu-Tac BR-4 G2 Bolt Action Bipod is another top premium choice for a rifle bipod. This model is an excellent choice for mounting to assault-style rifles. You get an intelligent, lightweight design, with construction from aircraft-grade aluminum.
This model comes with a quick-detachment system to fit a 1913 Picatinny rail system, featuring a skeletonized quick-release lever for easy mounting and removal.
The adjustable leg design on this bipod offers five length settings for flexible shooting heights. With the Accu-Tac BR-4 G2, you get leg positions at 45° or 90°, with four secure locking positions.
This bipod comes with design and manufacture in the USA, using top-quality engineering and materials. This model comes with a low-profile design, making it ideal for tactical use by law enforcement or tactical training squads.
- Tactical lightweight mil-spec design
- Bolt-action bipod
- High-quality aircraft aluminum
- Picatinny rail mounting
- 4-length settings 5.5” / 6.75” / 7.5” / 8.25”
- 4-swivel settings from 45 to 90-degrees
- Made in the USA
UTG PRO TBNR Bipod
The UTG PRO TBNR bipod is another example of a professional-quality bipod for your rifle. This model comes with everything you need for your assault-style rifle. The bipod locks to a 1913 Picatinny rail or M-Lok system, giving you quick-release action thanks to the easy-mount lever.
You get a tactical, low-profile look with the legs closed and five-position bidirectional folding. This model comes with 360-degree adjustable panning for versatile shot setups and forward, rear, left, and right tilt.
The UTG PRO TBNR bipod comes with design and construction featuring 6061-T6 and 7075-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum. The bipod gets a corrosion-resistant coating, thanks to the Type III Class 2 hard coat anodized finish.
- Patented Quick Detachable Lever Lock Controlled Mounting Base for Rapid Deployment and Detachment
- Heavy-duty Full Metal Construction to Meet Harshest Requirements, Innovative Anti-rotation Steel Crossbar Insert for Rock Solid Mounting
- Extendable Legs with Spring Tension & Lockable Collar for Most Secure and Flexible Adjustments
- Reliable, Finger Friendly Posi-Lock Control for Bipod Leg Folding and Un-folding
- Complete with Swivel Stud Kit for use in Swivel Stud Mount Applications
This model includes adjustment from 7″ to 9″ shooting heights, with a 50-degree opening angle on the legs. You get rubber tips for extra traction on any terrain and a matte black finish for tactical use on various platforms.
- 5-Position bidirectional folding
- steel-on-steel lockup
- Low Profile Picatinny or M-LOK mounting
- Tension-adjustable 360 panning
- 19 Forward, rear, left, and right tilting
- Automatically retracting legs
- Patented height-adjustable guided leg extensions
- Interchangeable Foot Pads Compatible with Most Aftermarket Pads with QD Locking Detent
- Type III anodized 6061-T6 and 7075-T6 aluminum construction
Primos Gen3 Hunting Trigger Stick
Hunters looking for the most accurate shots will get top performance from the Primos Gen3 Hunting Trigger Stick. This bipod features a patented design, with the highlight being the adjustable-height trigger mechanism.
With other bipods, you have preconfigured height positions, making it challenging to customize your shot. As a result, you end up relying on secondary systems like swivels to compensate for the lack of adjustment.
With the Primos Gen3 Hunting Trigger Stick, you get fast and flexible adjustments to custom shooting heights. By pulling the trigger mechanism, you can make micro-adjustments without losing your sight picture. This model comes with an adjustable height from 24″ to 62″, allowing for standing and seating shooting positions.
- New Quick Detach Yoke System with Integrated Lock
- New Contoured Grip with No-Slip Backbone
- Strengthened Rotating Joint for Smooth Panning
- New Heavy Duty look with Dark Earth Accents
- Adjusts from 24″ to 61″
The lightweight design weighs 3.5lbs, making it ideal for carrying on long trips. The dark earth camouflage accent is a fantastic color choice for this hunting model. You get total control over the bipod, thanks to the non-slip, contoured, ergonomic grip.
The Primos Gen3 Hunting Trigger Stick comes with a reinforced backbone featuring a strengthened rotation-joint in the Gen 3 version. The result is a smooth, panning action and easy movement.
- The best choice for hunters
- Contoured no-slip backbone and grip
- Quick-release yoke system
- Adjustable legs from 24″ to 62″
- Camouflage design
- Smooth panning action through 180-degrees
Blackhawk Sportster Adjustable Bi-Pod
The Blackhawk Sportster adjustable bipod is another excellent low-cost choice for your rifle. This model comes with stable performance in a variety of performance environments. You get a standard sling-swivel stud-mounting configuration, with a padded base contacting the rifle stock to avoid scratching the frame.
This model is an excellent choice for sports shooters and hunters, giving you accuracy on the range or in the field. This model comes with spring-assisted legs for easy folding and 6″ to 9″ extension. You get a push-button retraction for an easy takedown, and the rear lever release provides the pivoting action for adjustment to optimal shooting positions.
- Sport type: Hunting
- No-rust anodized legs with increased spring tension
- Spring-return telescoping legs
- Easily attaches to sling swivel
- Compact and lightweight
The Blackhawk comes with sturdy steel construction, so it’s heavier than other composite or aluminum models., however, you get a durable performance in demanding environments and a black powder-coated finish for corrosion resistance.
This model has a low-profile look with the legs folding, and its compact size makes it the ideal choice for a more tactical look. However, it’s not compatible with Picatinny or M-Lok system, and here’s no option for an adapter with this Blackhawk model.
- Aluminum hard anodized frame
- Attaches with any standard sling swivel stud
- Pivot adjustment
- Spring-loaded legs
- Extends from 6″ to 13″
- Push-button leg retraction
- Swivel rotation
Caldwell XLA Bipod
The Caldwell XLA bipod is a good choice for a variety of rifle platforms. It mounts using the universal sling-swivel stud for a permanent installation to your rifle. The spring-assisted legs feature automatic extension with push-button release, providing easy shooting setups in demanding environments.
The Caldwell XLA comes with design and construction featuring lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum. This bipod gives you a stable shooting surface, with a height adjustment from 9″ to 13″ for versatile use. You get independent swivel and pivoting on the bottom stock, increasing your shot range through 180-degrees.
- DIMENSIONS: 9”-13” height and weighs 13 oz
- ACCURACY: Notches are located on the legs for quick and easy indexing as well as an 18 degree bi-directional cant
- EASE OF USE: Legs fold up for easy transport and will instantly spring out with the push of a button and the bipod mounts quickly on the forend sling stud
- CONVENIENT: Lightweight, quick-deployment aluminum legs and slim profile for movement heavy or prone shooting
- SECURE: Soft rubber feet for enhanced stability and a non-marring padded base for forend protection
This model comes with a tensioning knob to manage the 20-degree pivoting action, allowing for custom shot setups only available on more expensive models. This bipod’s lightweight design makes it easy to carry in the field without weighing down your gear.
The Caldwell XLA comes with soft rubber feet and a matte black finish for a tactical look that holds up in sports shooting environments. You get four preconfigured shooting heights and an 18-degree bi-directional cant.
- Lightweight aluminum design
- Swivel stud attachment
- Quick deploy legs
- Extends 9″ to 13″
- Soft rubber feet
- Pivoting design
The JINSE bipod is a fantastic value buy. This model comes with many of the same specs as the leading models, at a fraction of the cost. The JINSE tactical bipod fits your rifle using a quick-release mount for a 1913 Picatinny rail system.
This model comes with design and construction featuring aircraft-grade aluminum for lightweight performance. You get a milspec anodized finish for corrosion resistance and knurling on the lower limbs and adjustment wheel, giving you grip when wearing gloves.
- 【Solid Construction】Bipod made of durable aluminum construction with stable rubberized stand .
- 【Extendable Legs】Adjustable height with spring tension, 5 different heights from 6.5 inch-9 inch
- 【QD Lever Mount】JINSE Bipod compatible with 20cm rail, can be mounted directly to Weaver / Picatinny rail.
- 【Pivot Model 】Provides 30 total degrees left to right，perfect for use in uneven terrains.
- 【After-Sales Service】 We are dedicated to providing 100% customer satisfaction.If you have any issues or questions, let us know ASAP!ds easy to install
This bipod features telescopic legs with easy positioning between 6.5″ to 9″ and five preconfigured height settings for versatile shooting. The JINSE bipod comes with independently moving legs for versatile shooting positions and rubber feet for traction on any shooting surface.
This model is a great choice for tactical use, although we would prefer it in a blackout color rather than the off-desert color that comes as the standard finish on this model.
- Anodized aluminum frame
- Five adjustable heights from 6.5″ to 9″
- Swivels 0 to 180-degrees
- Quick detachment with Picatinny rail adapter
- Independently locking legs
Feyachi Rifle Bipod
This Feyachi bipod is a great choice for sports shooters looking for a reliable model for the range. Its heavy-duty steel design makes for durable equipment that lasts a lifetime. You get a black powder-coated finish for additional corrosion resistance and service life with this bipod.
The Feyachi rifle bipod comes with a spring-assisted opening and adjustable legs with height positions from 9″ to 13″. This model is a good choice for the range, but the heavy materials mean it’s not ideal for tactical or hunting use due to the additional weight over an aluminum model.
- Feyachi B13 Mlok Bipod Designed compatible with Mlok System, Directly Attach to the Rail.
- Easy to Install, No Adapter Needed, Which Reduces the Weight from 11 oz to 8.7 oz.
- Lightweight Aircraft Aluminum and Sturdy Hardened Steel Construction with Matte Black Finish. Soft Rubber Feet for Enhanced Stability.
- Foldable and Adjustable, 6"-9" Bipod Has 5 Settings for Different Height Adjustments, It's Ready to Meet All Situations.
- Low Profile B13 Bipod Securely Fit Your Rifle on Mlok Handguard and Create the Ideal Shooting Experience.
However, the Feyachi is affordable and a great choice for a first rifle bipod. It mounts to your firearm using the traditional sling swivel mounting system, allowing for integration with assault-style rifles and long guns.
- Heavy-duty steel design
- Spring-assisted legs
- Extension from 9″ to 13″
- Quick-release adapter
- Swivel mount
- Powder-coated finish for corrosion resistance
- Rubberized feet
Other Best Selling Options
- Made of LIGHTWEIGHT MIL-SPEC hard anodized 6061 T-6 aluminum and Injection-molded polymer; aesthetically pleasing, LOW-PROFILE DESIGN conceals its mechanisms and hardware, smoothly brushing off Snags and bumps
- Optimized for RAPID ONE-HANDED ADJUSTMENTS; quickly and quietly transitions between countless user configurations
- Easily loaded with STABILIZING FORWARD TENSION without fear of failure or warping; at just over 11 ounce , The Magpul bipod is LIGHTER THAN MANY PRICIER BIPODS currently on the market
- SPRING-TENSION LEGS stow neatly forward and snap down and lock into place with ONE HAND; LEG EXTENSIONS slide and lock securely with the push of a button on any of the seven half-inch spaced locking detents
- An INDUSTRY-EXCLUSIVE 50° of TOTAL TILT and 40° of TOTAL PAN are Controlled by a glove-friendly knurled tool-less bipod locking knob located between the extended legs, allowing easy adjustment between shots
- Adjustable leg length (5 settings) with return Springs, you could adjust the length to meet different needs when hunting.
- Press the button,the legs can eject fully and quickly.The length of legs can be adjusted from 6-9 inches.
- Made of hardened steel and aluminum, non-rust black anodized finish, the bipod is duty and light weight.
- Durable with new design high quality that you can quickly attaches to sling swivel stud.
- Applicable for sling swivel stud rifle. No adapter.
- Item Package Dimensions: 13.4 L X 31.4 W X 34.4 H (Cm)
- Product Type: Sporting Goods
- Item Package Weight: 1.381 kgs
- Country Of Origin: United States
- ✯ [EASY ADJUSTMENTs]: The bipod has 5 leg positions: 0 degree, 45 degree, 90 degree, 135 degree and 180 degree. 5 locking detents for different leg lengths, the central height of the bipod can be adjusted from 6 inches to 9 inches, providing varied bipod positioning to fit different terrain height.
- ✯ [BUILT IN PAN & CANT]: Thumb screw knob with spring tension joint provides 180 degree pan and 30 degree cant, allowing easy adjustment between shots.
- ✯ [ACCESSORIES]: Metal spike feet and rubber feet are exchangeable, helping to hold the weight of your rifle even on the improper surface and improving shooting stability. Simply press in the detent pin with a bullet tip or something similar can detach the feet from the legs.
- ✯ [PREMIUM MATERIALS]: It is made of 7075-T6 aluminum that is Mil-Spec Type III hard coat anodized and has heat-treated, stainless-steel components, making the bipod very sturdy.
- ✯ [EASY MOUNT]: Mounts directly to any 1913 style Picatinny rail, 20mm or 0.78 inch, via included CNC Quick Detach Lever with one hand.
Rifle Bipod Buyer’s Guide
In this section, we’ll help you understand the origins of rifle bipods, why they’re useful, and what to look for in a prospective model.
The term “bipod” comes from the Latin and Greek, where “Bi” means two, and “Pod” means foot. Therefore, that’s a pretty accurate description of the accessory. Technically, a bipod is a dual-legged platform designed to mount at the front of the rifle.
A bipod provides you with horizontal and vertical stability when lining up your shot. In many situations, hunters, snipers, and marksmen find themselves in suboptimal shooting positions that are impossible to pull off without some form of third-party stability.
The bipod gives the marksman a suitable solution to stability issues, with a platform that mounts to the weapon.
What Is the History of the Rifle Bipod?
Bipods originally began as an accessory for photographers, allowing them to take high-quality, stable images.
The first use of a rifle=mounted system goes back to the 1870s and the Second Afghan War. Afghan marksman would use a primitive bipod design on their Jezail Rifles. The Mondragon M1908 rifle is touted as the first modern rifle to feature a bipod mounting on the firearm.
However, it’s important to note that the modern sniper bipod didn’t show up until after WWI.
Why Do I Need a Bipod for My Rifle?
If you’re into shooting rifles, then a bipod is a must-have accessory for your platform. Whether you’re Shooting an old Remington bolt-action or an AR-15, a bipod can help you improve your shot accuracy in demanding shooting situations.
As a marksman, you need to deal with several factors when assessing your shot. The environment, ebb-and-flow of your breathing, and optimizing your position require precision movements to ensure you land your shot on-target.
A bipod gives you the stability you need in the shot, allowing you to hit your target with precision accuracy and follow up shots with tighter groupings. Some of the shooting disciplines that can benefit from rifle bipods include the following.
- Sports shooting – If you’re trying to set a distance record, you need the utmost stability in your shot. When you’re trying to set records, you need a stable platform you can rely on to make the shot.
- Hunting – When you’re targeting an animal, you need an accurate kill shot. If you miss the right spot, it could involve hours of you tracking the animal as it dies. A bipod gives you a stable and accurate kill shot every time.
- Tactical – If you’re a sniper involved with CAT tactical squads or law enforcement, a bipod can help. It would help if you had optimal shot accuracy in high-pressure situations to avoid injuring innocents. A bipod gives you the platform you need to secure your shots.
Bipod Mount Types
- Sling Swivel Stud Mounts – This mounting system is the most common type across all rifle platforms.
- Picatinny Mounts – Suitable for use with 1913 Picatinny rail systems found on assault weapons.
- M-Lok Mounts – Suitable for use on assault-style weapons.
What Do I Need to Consider when Choosing the Right Rifle Bipod?
- Quick-release levers – Look for quick release levers for fast height adjustments and the speedy removal of the bipod from your rifle.
- Button spring releases – These buttons retract or extend your legs using a spring-assisted action for easy setup and takedown of the bipod from your shooting position.
- Adjustable height – Bipods come with adjustable heights to suit different shooting requirements. Hunters might require longer legs, while tactical models have the shortest options. Choose the setup that suits your shooting application.
- Adjustable pivot – The pivot is essential for setting up shots on uneven surfaces. You can adjust the shooting angle to accommodate the most demanding shots. The flexible pivoting action of the bipod also permits the tracking of moving targets.
- Adjustable cant – The adjustable cant feature on bipods allows you to set up your shot on uneven terrain. The result is better tracking of your targets and cleaner setups with easier adjustment on-the-fly.
- Leg angles – Leg angles let you maneuver your weapon into tight spaces to accommodate challenging shots. These features are common on tactical models where marksmen need a wider variety of shot positions.
- Leg positions – Most bipods come with fixed leg positions at a variety of heights. Look for models offering a minimum of four leg positions. Like the Primos, some hunting models with long legs providing adjustable custom settings at any height for precision shooting.
- Knurling – If you’re shooting, chances are you’re wearing gloves. If that’s the case, you need a surface you can control on your bipod. Top tactical models feature knurling on the lower legs and the swivel adjustment. This additional grip comes in handy when wearing gloves or when shooting in wet weather.
- Materials – Look for models offering lightweight design with aircraft-grade aluminum. These models are ideal for carrying on hunting trips without weighing you down. Steel models provide excellent longevity., but they’re heavier and harder to carry on sniper operations and hunting trips.
- Feet – Purchase a bipod with rubber feet for more traction on any shooting surface. Rubber some models come with replaceable feet and a variety of mounting designs.
- Low-profile design – Look for models offering a low-profile design. A low profile means the bipod won’t catch on brush and other materials in your environment.
Rifle Bipod FAQs
Should the rifle bipod legs fold towards or away from the shooter?
Most models come with legs that face away from you. A few models are offering multi-directional staging. Mounting the legs facing you is less obtrusive but may also cause hand injuries when closing the bipod.
What is a loading bipod?
The loading bipod requires you to apply pressure to the rifle stock to control the shot. This configuration gives you more control but requires a higher level of skill in the shot.
At what range do I zero my rifle?
We recommend zeroing scopes at distances of 100-yards. The military uses this standard when zeroing weapons, and some snipers zero at 200-yards for extra accuracy. However, unless you’re using a high-powered platform like the Barret .50-cal, you’ll have to start accounting for bullet drop after 150-yards.
Where can I purchase the best rifle bipod?
We recommend picking up your rifle bipod from Amazon. Amazon is the world’s largest retailer, with the best prices and product range. If you’re a Prime member, you get free shipping, with buyer protection on your order. If there’s anything wrong with your bipod, Amazon offers hassle-free exchanges and returns.
Rifle Bipods – The Verdict
If you want to improve your marksmanship, you need a rifle bipod. A bipod secures your shot, allowing for tighter groupings and better accuracy at long distances. By now, you probably have your eye on a bipod for your rifle.
However, if you’re still on the fence with your purchase decision, why not take one of our top picks?
- The Magpul Sling Stud QD Rifle Bipod is our top choice for the best overall rifle bipod in this review. This model comes with adjustable legs, with height settings from 6.7″ to 10″. It’s a good choice for professional shooters and hunters. You get retractable legs, with a lightweight aluminum and polymer design and a streamlined, low-profile look.
- The Atlas V8 Series Sports Hunting Bipod is our premium choice for this review. Atlas is the brand trusted by shooting professionals, and this model is a great choice for sports shooting, hunting, or law enforcement use. You get a lightweight aluminum design with retractable legs in different heights from 5″ to 9″. This model features a 0 to 180-degree swivel and knurling on the lower legs for optimal grip when using gloves.
- The QIYI Hunting Rifle Bipod is our top choice for the best budget buy in this review. You get adjustable lightweight, anodized aluminum for the frame, with adjustable leg heights between 6″ to 9″, with five height settings. It’s compatible with M-Lok and 1913 Picatinny rail systems, making it a great choice for assault rifles.