18650 flashlights are essential pieces of equipment for home defense and illumination in low-light conditions. These torches come in various design configurations, with dozens of brands offering models in multiple sizes and outputs.
If you’re a handgun owner, an 18650 is a critical part of your everyday carry setup (EDC). It’s suitable for home defense situations to illuminate and distract a target while you mount an offense.
Most models clip into a tactical housing that works on Picatinny rails on your firearm.
An 18650 can go places where firearms can’t. If you live in a country where laws restrict what you can carry in self-defense, then a tactical-style flashlight is an excellent alternate weapon if you can carry a firearm or knife.
Some models feature beveled ridges along the rim of the head of the flashlight. These ridges are especially useful in hand-combat situations. However, be aware that the TSA sees it as a weapon and won’t allow it on flights.
When you’re at home or walking in low-lit urban areas, a flashlight can help you identify threats from attackers hiding in the darkness. Some models come with different modes allowing for strobe effects and other tactical options that distract your attacker. In confusion, you have an opportunity to strike.
In the best 18650 flashlight reviews, we’ll unpack everything you need to know about the top models.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 18650 Flashlight Reviews
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 18650 Flashlight Buyer’s Guide
- 4.1 What Do I Look for in a 18650 Tactical Flashlight?
- 4.2 Start with Your Budget
- 4.3 Water-Resistant Rating
- 4.4 Shape, Design, Style, and Size
- 4.5 Build Quality and Durability
- 4.6 Lumen Output
- 4.7 Battery Life
- 4.8 Flashlight Modes
- 4.9 Zoom and Lighting Features
- 4.10 Magnetic Positioning Base
- 4.11 Firearm Picatinny Rail Attachment
- 5 How Do I Use a Tactical Flashlight When I’m Unarmed?
- 6 How Do I Hold a Flashlight When I’m Using a Gun?
- 7 Reasons to Carry a Flashlight with You Every Day
- 8 18650 Flashlight FAQs
- 9 The Verdict
If you want to skip right to the good stuff and save some time, here are our top picks for the best 18650 flashlights. Chose the model that suits your budget and your needs from a tactical torch.
- Best Pick: Fenix TK22UE Ultimate Edition
This model makes a fantastic tactical flashlight with plenty of functionality. Use it for EDC-defense, home-defense, rifle mount, and even take it camping. You get a rear tactical mode switch, USB-Type C interface, and 5,000-mAh capacity. Overall, this model is the best option in this review.
- Premium Pick: SureFire Fury Intellibeam
The SureFire 1,500-lumen intellibeam model is the winner of the best premium flashlight in this review. You get up to 40-hrs of battery life, and a rear tail cap switch system for tactical operations. The beveled rim is suitable for defense situations, and the durable design is easy to grip in your hands. IT comes with USB charging for user-friendly operation.
- Budget Pick: Sofirn SP32A
If you’re looking for the best budget 18650, then this model is your best option. With the Sofirn, you get all the functionality of torches that cost much more. This model has a slimline profile, and it’s suitable for firearms applications. We couldn’t find anyone that has issues with quality or reliability online.
18650 Flashlight Reviews
Now that you know the best 18650 models available, let’s unpack them in further detail. We’ll also look at some other contenders for the best 18650 flashlights. Make sure you check out our buyer’s guide and FAQ later in this review.
Fenix TK22UE Ultimate Edition – The Best Overall 18650 Flashlight
The best part about carrying your 18650 is the high-power beam you get in a compact flashlight, with multi-use functionality. With the Fenix TK22, you get a potent 1,600-lumen flashlight with a tungsten toothed beveled edges for combat and rescue functionality.
The throw of this torch is an astounding 1,300+ feet, with a tactical tail switch and strobe function. The durable tungsten toothed bevel of the flashlight can break vehicle glass in rescue scenarios and makes a formidable striking weapon in hand-to-hand combat.
- ULTIMATE TACTICAL FLASHLIGHT - Fenix TK22UE has a 1600 lumen max output and beam throw over 443 yards. The steel impact bezel, has tungsten inlay window breakers.
- HIGH CAPACITY RECHARGEABLE BATTERY - Included is a USB C rechargeable 5000mAh rechargeable battery with cable, 2+ hours on Turbo.
- SIMPLE TO OPERATE - with a tactical tail switch capable of momentary-on and constant-on, and side switch for four brightness levels and instant strobe.
- ALL-WEATHER CAPABLE - Durable all metal construction that is IP68 waterproof and impact resistant. Can tolerate temperatures of -31 to 113 degrees F.
- TK22UE ULTIMATE EDITION STARTER KIT - this bundle comes with the new TK22UE with its tungsten inlay bezel, USB C rechargeable battery, charging cable, and a LumenTac battery case.
With this model, you get a high-capacity rechargeable 5,000-mAh lithium-ion battery pack. The flashlight charges on USB-C function, with fast recharging times. The Fenix is all-weather ready, with a water-resistance IPX68 rating ensuring you have an operational flashlight in all-weather scenarios.
The Fenix wins our top overall 18650 flashlights in this review. It’s over $100 for this model, but the quality is there. We like the sleek design and the way it clips onto the belt. The sloping head design gives you outstanding and control over the striker tip in the reverse handgrip position.
The torch comes with a durable nylon side pouch, and a belt clip included.
- IP68 water-resistant rating
- USB Type-C recharge
- Defense bevel design
- Belt clip and lanyard included
- Premium Price
- Not Suitable for mounting on hand guns
SureFire Fury Intellibeam – The Best Premium 18650 Flashlight
This model follows a similar design theme to Fenix, with a sloped and contoured design in the dead of the flashlight, with large cutouts to enhance your grip in the reverse position.
The tungsten tip of the torch acts as a durable self-defense weapon. With the right hammer action, the flashlight can be useful in breaking glass during a rescue operation. With cross-hatching in the grip, you’ll find it easy to hang onto this torch, even when wearing tactical gloves.
You get a sizeable tactical click-button in the hilt, allowing you to switch between modes, with strobe function included in this model.
The flashlight runs of rechargeable lithium-ion battery packs included with the torch. However, you can run it off CR123A cells as well. The most impressive feature about this 18650 flashlight is the “IntelliBeam technology.” This smart lighting system sets it apart from all the other models in this review.
The IntelliBeam tech senses your surroundings, adjusting the beam to suit the conditions. When using the torch indoors, the flashlight automatically detects the confinement in the room, reducing output by as much as 15% to prevent a washout.
This model works well as a tactical model for your rifle. The precision reflector helps identify your target instantly. The high-power flashlight can blind your assailant, leaving you time to counter-attack or flee.
You get full water and weather resistance for this torch with an IPX68 rating.
- High-quality design with IP68 weatherproof rating
- Excellent grip for use with tactical gloves
- IntelliBeam technology for automatic light management
- Robust and durable LED emitter
- USB-C rechargeable battery
- Premium Price
- No Lanyard fitting
Sofirn SP32A – The Best Budget 18650 Flashlight
The Sofirn is the ideal choice for anyone looking for a budget buy 18650 flashlights. This model has everything you need in a 18650, including a tactical click-switch on the rear of the housing. The anodized belt clip makes storing and access of the torch easy and effortless.
You get a fine-textured cross-hatched grip on the torch’s barrel, with a compact design that makes it suitable as a spotting torch for some pistols. There’s plenty of functionality with this torch, including mid-low-high beams, and strobe function.
The system works on a lithium-ion battery, providing you with u-p to 2-hours run time on a single charge. You get an indicator system showing you the current battery status, and over-heat protection to prevent burnout when leaving the torch on and unattended.
The only gripe we have with this model is the lack of tactical tooting and no beveled front end. However, it’s a fantastic lightweight torch that’s suitable on your hip, handgun, or rifle.
- Surprisingly functional
- Very affordable
- Tactical click-switch on the hilt
- Belt clip included
- Comfortable grip
- USB rechargeable
- No beveled tactical frame
- 1,300-Lumen could be brighter
OLIGHT Baton Pro 2000
OLight has a reputation for making some of the best tactical torches in the game. They delivered with the Baton Pro model and were close to being the choice for the best overall flashlight in this review. If the Baton Pro included toothed beveling on the front of the torch, we think it would be the best tactical 18650 torches available.
However, the OLight Baton Pro is still a worthy contender, even without the tactical advantage of toothed beveling. The textured grip on this model resembles the stippling on some high-quality firearm grips, with a non-slip surface ideal for your bare hands or when using gloves.
- MULTI-FUNCTION SIDE SWITCH: It has several modes to choose from including three standard modes, turbo, moonlight, and strobe.It features a battery indicator located on the side switch so you always know when to charge.💡Any further problems with the product, please free to contact us.
- 1,150-LUMEN OUTPUT: S2R II can produce a maximum output of 1,150 lumens.Includes a rechargeable battery which is charged magnetically through the tailcap charging cable.
- MOST CURRENT VERSION&PREMIUM BEAM: It's the upgraded version of the popular S2R predecessor. Brand-new TIR lens design producing a perfectly balanced beam.
- PERFECT GRIP AND PORTABILITY: Small squared texture build for perfect grip and portability.(It's 5% shorter than S2R ).It also features a dual direction pocket clip for enhanced everyday carry.
- HIGHLY EFFICIENT MCC 1A CHARGER:Portable faster charging MCC 1A USB charging cable provided in the package. It boasts a new MCC 1A magnetic charging system to ensure faster charging in a smaller form factor.
You get a 3,500-mAh battery, which isn’t the highest capacity, but you’re in a trade-off with a more compact design. Despite the lower battery life than the SureFire, it still manages a crazy 2,000-Lumen high-power output.
Unlike most models that include the belt clip in the rear of the torch grip, the baton has it wrapped around the flashlight’s front collar. We like the anodized blue finishing on this model, giving it an attractive look.
- High-power 2,000-Lumen rating
- IPX8 water-resistant rating
- Reversible belt carry clip
- Magnetic tail cap and USB charger
- Comfortable grip
- Good choice for rifles
- No beveled tactical frame
- No rear tactical click-switch
For security personal and tactical professionals, we recommend investing in the new NITECORE P12. This model is an improvement on its predecessor, with 1,200-Lumens. This model is around 6-inches in length, making it an excellent choice for EDC or mounting on your rifle handguard using a Picatinny rail.
The NITECORE P12 comes with a 4,000-mAh lithium-ion battery pack, and the flashlight will provide an incredible 50-hours of light on low mode. This 18650 flashlight has the best functionality in this review, with low-mid-high settings, strobe, SOS, and beacon modes.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE TACTICAL FLASHLIGHT - 3x the runtime, 20% brighter, still compact with more carry options, the NITECORE MH10 v2 has 1200 lumen output at 220 yards of throw.
- RECHARGEABLE WITH EXTENDED RUNTIME - MH10 v2 with a USB-C fast charging port provides 3 hours and 45 minutes of runtime on turbo.
- EASY TO OPERATE - Side switch for power on and off and select modes among 4 brightness settings with strobe, SOS and beacon.
- IDEAL EDC DUTY LIGHT - At just under six inches in overall length, a solid choice as a duty light or EDC flashlight with the included durable hard holster, pocket clip and lanyard.
- MH10 V2 STARTER KIT - included in this bundle is a NITECORE MH10 v2 flashlight, NL2140, USB-C charging cable, NTH10 tactical holster, LumenTac organizer and more.
You get a tactical rear click-button in the tail and a metal side switch for easy use in both grip positions. The P12 includes a hard plastic holster for your belt, allowing for fast removal and holstering of the torch.
The front of the flashlight features a toothed bevel design on the rim. It makes an excellent tactical weapon for hand-to-hand situations.
- IPX8 water-resistant rating
- Tactical tail click-switch
- Beveled strike frame for CQC
- ATR functionality (Advanced Temperature Regulation)
- Good choice for a rail light on your rifle
- 1,200-Lumens is underperformance at this price
- No USB charging
The ThruNite TC15 comes as a kit with a durable nylon holster, micro-USB charging cable, battery pack, and lanyard. The OEM includes extra O-rings for the torch seals in the kit.
You get a complete water-resistant IPX68 rating with this model, as well as an astounding 2,300-Lumens of peak performance out of this flashlight.
The rechargeable 3,100-mAh battery gives you run times of up to 30-hours in low mode, with Firefly, mid-low-high, strobe, and turbo modes.
- Please CHARGE the flashlight before use, and pls SCREW DOWN the light head and tail cap first before charging.
- EXTREME OUTPUT: Powered by a CREE XHP 35.2 LED the TC15 V3 produces up to 2403 lumens with a beam distance of 731 ft / 223 m. Please Screw Down The Light head tightly Before Using
- USB-C FAST RECHARGEABLE: Powered by a rechargeable IMR battery cell, the TC15 V3 features Built-In USB type C charging port and a battery level indicator, so you can know when it's time to top up. ( Battery and charging cable included )
- MODES FOR EVERY SITUATION: Firefly/ Low / Medium/ High / Turbo /Strobe light modes, makes the TC15 perfect for any situation, perfect gear for outdoor activities and adventures.
- USER-FRIENDLY UI AND RUGGED DESIGN: Quick access Turbo from any mode with a double-click, keeping you safe when in a dangerous situation. Grippy and non-slip knurling design makes the TC15 V3 glove-friendly.
The design of this model features a solid frame with a unique grip. You get micro-USB charging functionality with this torch., allowing you to recharge using your powerbank when on trips.
There’s no striker cap on the front of the torch, meaning that it’s a better choice for your rifle than self-defense. However, the durable design is sure to keep your flashlight working properly for decades. You get an IPX8 waterproof rating with this model, and you can drop it in a pool without any issues.
- IPX8 water-resistant rating
- Built-in micro-USB charging
- Charging status indicator
- Suitable as a rifle light
- Multiple modes, including strobe
- No tactical bevel
LUMINTOP Rechargeable Tactical LED Flashlight
The LUMINTOP is an example of an affordable and functional 18650 flashlight. This model comes with an attractive and anodized finish available in three colors, with a contoured design. With a 3.6-inch body, this model may work in some pistol lighting setups.
You get an astounding 2,800-Lumens in peak-performance mode, with plenty of functionality including turbo, stepped ramp, lockout, muggle, momentary, strobe, and beacon modes. The Samsung rechargeable battery provides extended battery life in a compact design.
This 18650 model is a fantastic choice for camping. There’s no tactical toothed beveling on this model, meaning there are better options for home defense.
- IPX8 weather-resistant rating
- Compact and lightweight
- Suitable for firearms
- Rear click functionality
- No tactical bevel
Other Best Selling Options
- SUPER-BRIGHT: 2000 lumen (max) LED Flashlight,Ultra wide beam effortlessly illuminates a whole room or backyard.Adjustable focus with 5 modes: High, Medium, Low, Strobe, and SOS/Emergency protect your safety.
- LONG-LASTING: Up to 6 hours (Medium-beam mode) of powerful, non-diminishing brightness from the included premium rechargeable High Capacity battery.
- TOUGH & RELIABLE: IP65-rated water resistant and designed for use in heavy rain. Its durable aluminum body and shock-resistance endure rough handling.
- High-Capacity Performance Lasting:This rechargeable High Capacity battery that can last up to 3~6 hours with a single charge.The battery is perfectly protected against heat and high temperature, allowing you to charge safely.
- 12 months warranty and 30 days money back guarantee. Please rest assured to buy, no worries at all.Two flat head plugs or USB plugs are shipped randomly.
- Lamp: Made of XML-T6 LED chip, up to 800 Lumens.Lighting distance up to 150 meters.
- Material: Durable aluminum alloy material,anti-abrasive coating. Toughened, ultra clear convex lens, with anti-reflective coating.
- 3 Modes: High, Low, Strobe. (The modes hasn't the memory function!), adapt to lighting in different environments.
- Exterior: Same appearance as UltraFire sk68, but one size larger than sk68, sk98 uses 18650 battery.(Not included)
- Small: Compact to fit easily into your pocket wherever you go, and has an anti-slip finish that holds fast in your hand.
- High Quality Made: Ultrafire Classic WF-502B flashlight is made of aviation-grade aluminum alloy with a matte anodized surface that can withstand scratches, abrasion and corrosion. It is sturdy enough to handle long hours of daily use.
- Super Bright: Featuring high effecient XP-L V6 LED chip, it provides 1000 lumens maximum output and 200 meters maximum beam distance with up to 10,000 hours of life.
- Single Mode: Easy to operate, press the switch on the end to turn the flashlight on and off. You don't need to waste time to change modes. Suitable for daily use, outdoor, camping, hiking, travel, cycling and mountaineering, etc.
- Rugged and Waterproof: With advanced waterproof and anti-slip design, the highest waterproof rating is IPX-65. It can work in heavy rain and withstand bad weather, but do not immerse directly into water.
- UltraFire WF-502B flashligth is small in size, but powerful in performance. It weighs 3.67 ounces and measures 5.24 inches in length with a 1.3-inch diameter head and 1-inch diameter tube, making it easy to carry and comfortable to handle. With a steel pocket side clip, you can take it anywhere.
- 【Adjustable Focus】 Intense Spotlight for long range observation can up to 600 feet, Circle Floodlight for large area illumination
- 【Special Power】 The Super Bright flashlight is powerful enough to light up an entire room or zoom in on distant objects
- 【5 Light Modes】 High / Middle / Low / Flash / SOS, by toggle ON / OFF button halfway, easy to operate
- 【Power Source】 1×18650 Li-on Rechargeable Battery (Not Included) or 3× AAA Battery (Not Included)
- 【Solid Build and Durable】 Aircraft grade alloy, premium type 3 hard-anodized. Skid-Proof design & Water Resistant design (Highest water-resistant level of IPX-6)
- Super Bright: Sofirn SC31T utilizes 1 x SST40 LED, giving out up to 2000 high lumens, throwing up to 206 meters .It’s bright enough for hiking, camping, dog walking, running, hunting, fishing etc. Operated by single premium battery which very easy to find daily.
- USB-C Rechargeable: Build-in USB-C port for convenient and safe recharging. You can charger it via your computer, adaptor, and car.
- Advanced design: Use the new system UI, which is more convenient and practical. Tail tactical switch design, you can turn on/off this flashlight by clicking the tail cover switch, you can also turn on/off the lamp head, because it has a mechanical switch, reliable and more options.
- Pocket-sized EDC Light: 4.6 inches in length and 2 oz in weight (excluding battery), it fits nicely in the palm of your hand and your pocket or backpack. With clips and lanyard, easy to fix in jeans pocket or wrist.
- What You Get: 1x SC31T rechargeable flashlight, 1x battery(inserted), 1x USBC cable, 1x clip, 1x lanyard, 1x Manual, 2 spare O-rings, responsive and helpful customer service, any issue, feel free contact us refund or replacement.
18650 Flashlight Buyer’s Guide
The 18650 is a common flashlight used in EDC or tactical defense situations. Some models attach to firearms using the Picatinny rail system, and it’s a popular choice for AR-owners. The 18650 is a bit large for pistol attachments, but there are a few slimline models that work.
18650s don’t have to be for tactical use, they also make excellent emergency torches for the car, and they have plenty of duties around the campsite.
In this buyer’s guide section, we’ll give you everything you need to know to ensure you purchase the right flashlight for your home-defense or EDC needs.
What Do I Look for in a 18650 Tactical Flashlight?
With so many models available, we narrowed down our choices to the seven in this review. There’s a 18650 flashlight in our options to suit any application and any price range. So, how do you decide on the right torch?
Start with Your Budget
Your budget should be the defining point of your purchase. Stick to your budget, because it’s easy to overspend with one of these devices. On the low end of the spectrum, you can get a torch for less than $40, while the top models are well over $100.
However, if the price is important to you, then look for a model with the right price tag and functionality you can afford. The right tactical 18650 flashlights will last you for decades, so bear that in mind when purchasing your torch.
If you’re using your torch for home-defense, then this might not be a priority for you. However, if you plan on taking your torch camping, or to the tactical range, water-resistance is an important feature of your 18650 flashlights.
During a camping trip, you’ll swim in lakes or rivers, hiking in rainstorms, and all sorts of wet weather conditions. You need a torch that’s robust and durable, providing you with a weatherproof operation.
Most 18650s come with an IPX6 rating or better. Look for an IPX8 rating for total water resistance for your torch.
Shape, Design, Style, and Size
Whether you’re in a self-defense situation or on the campsite, you need a lightweight and compact torch. A 18650 has a small chassis, but powerful light beam. Most of these torches can throw light up to half a mile or more while remaining small enough to fit your hand.
Carrying a bulky torch is frustrating, and a waste of space in your daypack or gear bag. 18650s come with a lightweight design and belt clips, allowing you to attach them to your holster or belt. Look for models under 5-inches in length if you want a pocket torch that fits a standard-sized pistol.
The torch’s design matters and we like models with cross-hatched grips etched into the barrel-frame of the flashlight. These grips provide the best traction when wearing tactical gloves. If you want a 18650 for home defense, we recommend a model with a bevel at the front. The bevel makes it a striking weapon suitable for home defense situations.
Build Quality and Durability
Over the years of use, you’ll end up dropping your flashlight a considerable number of times. The chassis and internals of the torch need to hold up to rugged use, and the 18650 is an excellent example of such a device.
Look for models that feature steel or aluminum chassis, with reinforced materials that last a lifetime. Look for corrosion-resistant coatings that provide a long service life for your torch. The last thing you want is rust forming on the battery cap and light housing.
The Lumen count of your 18650 torches describes the brightness of the light. With a 18650, you want a minimum of 1,200-Lumens. However, some powerful models are offering over 2,200-Lumens. High-power models are ideal for Close Quarters Combat (CQC) scenarios in the home.
The light from a high-power torch can easily blind and confuse your attacker, giving you an advantage that could save your life. Lumen output is more critical for camping as well. The higher the Lumen count, the broader and further the throw of the torch.
18650s rely on battery power for operation. We recommend looking for a model that offers a lithium-ion battery back. Lithium-ion batteries give you the longest run time for your torch. If you’re a survivalist, then the added torch time per charge is super beneficial when you’re out in the woods for days.
Lithium-ion batteries also include USB-charging capability. Most models come with micro-USB charging, but a few have USB-C functionality. Charge the torch right from your power bank at the campsite and let there be light!
Battery service life might last between 5 and 10-years on lithium-ion packs, giving you plenty of successful recharges. However, eventually, the batteries will fail and require replacement.
Regular flashlights might have a few different brightness modes, but most are pretty straightforward with the operation. However, with a 18650, you get a bunch of tactical light modes included with your model.
Some have strobing for tactical situations, allowing you to blind and confuse your attacker. Some people say they don’t like using torches on firearms because it gives people a target to shoot. However, with a strobe 18650, you can distract and confuse your attacker, making it hard for them to lock in on your position.
Along with the strobe mode, your torch will offer different brightness modes to suit your application. For instance, the high-beams are suitable for walking trails at night, while the low beam suits use around the campsite.
Some flashlights include functionality that repeats SOS in Morse code for survival rescue situations. This type of feature can save your life in an emergency, alerting people to your location.
Zoom and Lighting Features
Look for models that include zoom and focus functionality with the light throw. Some models allow you to twist the head of the torch, expanding or narrowing the light beam. This function is excellent for providing incandescent light in rooms and inside tents.
Magnetic Positioning Base
If you need to light up a workspace, a magnetic base can provide the torch’s hands-free operation. 18650s with magnetic bases come in handy around workshops and vehicles.
Firearm Picatinny Rail Attachment
The Picatinny rail system on rifles and pistols allows you to attach torch housings to your weapons platforms. The 18650 is a professional and effective lighting system for rifle platforms, and there are a few models that are good for use on pistols as well.
How Do I Use a Tactical Flashlight When I’m Unarmed?
If you don’t own a firearm, a torch makes for an excellent self-defense weapon in a crisis. If it’s in the evening, you can blind your attacker with the light. We recommend using the strobe function on the torch if you have it.
The strobe function doesn’t give the attackers eyes time to adjust to the lighting effect. You’ll have a small window to launch a counter-attack and damage them with the tactical bevel on the front of the flashlight housing.
When shining the light at your attacker, it’s important to aim it at the eyes to dominate the vision. If you have the option, use the blinding to flee, as it might take time to recover their bearings and let the retinas settle.
However, it’s not as easy in the daytime. In the daytime, your flashlight will give you access to a striking weapon you can use in a fight or self-defense situation.
Use the hard beveled edge of the torch to strike your attacker in the eye socket, temple, or behind the ear. All these points will result in a knockout or resistance to the idea of pursuing the assault against you.
How Do I Hold a Flashlight When I’m Using a Gun?
Many Americans own firearms. However, very few take on the responsibility of firearm ownership and maintain the training they need to learn how to handle the gun. If you have a firearm, you should be adhering to the four golden rules of firearms ownership and know how to clear a firearm.
When you have that down, make sure you go for some tactical training lessons. A professional can show you how to shoot in pressure situations. After learning the basics, you’ll need to drill them every month to ensure that you have the necessary muscle memory to pull it off in a self-defense situation.
A torch is a vital part of any firearms owner’s kit. If you use a pistol or rifle for self-defense at home, then a flashlight is a must-have accessory for your weapons platform.
Rifles typically feature Picatinny rails allowing for the easy attachment of items like 18650 flashlights. There are a variety of mounting positions on the front grip pf the rifle for your torch. Some handguns, such as the CZ P10c, accommodate smaller-style 18650s for the front rail.
However, if you have a larger model of 18650 flashlights, you’ll have to learn how to handle the torch and your firearm at the same time. To achieve this, you need to master the cross-grip. With this grip, you place your flashlight in the reverse grip in your hand and cross it under your gun’s drive hand.
This is not a safe firing position, and you could end up missing your target. We recommend that you look for models that fit the frame ort slide of your firearm for safe and accurate shooting.
Reasons to Carry a Flashlight with You Every Day
So, why would you want to carry a flashlight around with you every day? Do people even do that? Why would you need a flashlight in the middle of the day? Check out these three quick reasons to add a flashlight to your EDC routine.
Light Up a Blackout
You might find yourself at a location in the evening when the power fails. Sure, you could use your phone as a light, but a 18650 torch is far more effective.
A 18650 tactical torch acts as a less-lethal weapon in the hands of a properly trained individual. In self-defense situations, the toothed bevels on the flashlight act as a striking weapon. However, it’s essential to learn how to use the torch in a self-defense situation, so sign up for a few classes.
Legal to Carry in All States
You don’t need a license to carry a 18650 tactical torch with you wherever you go. The flashlight makes a substantial addition to your EDC setup, and clips right onto your belt line for easy access.
18650 Flashlight FAQs
What makes a 18650 Flashlight?
The 18650 flashlight gets its name from the 18-mm diameter, 65-mm length battery offering high lumen counts, larger capacity, and rechargeable function.
What kind of Lumen output do I need for home defense?
When it comes to home defense, you’re looking for lumens and functionality. Look for high lumen counts above 1,500. However, modes like strobing and a tactical bevel are also critical features for your home-defense 18650 flashlights.
What’s the purpose of a tactical flashlight?
Tactical flashlights have additional functionality compared to the average flashlight you see around the suburban home. The toothed striker bevel on the front of the torch helps break glass in emergencies and acts as a weapon in a self-defense situation.
What kind of range do you get with a 18650 flashlight?
The range on your 18650 flashlights is also known as the “throw.” Most models offering more than 1,200-lumens have a throw of up to 700-feet or more.
By now, you should have a good idea of the right 18650 flashlights to suit your needs. If you’re struggling with your decision, why not rely on your top picks? We’ll save you the hassle, just choose the right model for your budget and flashlight requirements.
- The Fenix TK22UE Ultimate Edition 18650 is our top choice for the best overall model. This flashlight has it all – You get an attractive chassis with tactical bevel, 1,600-Lumens, and USB charging.
- The SureFire Fury Intellibeam is the best premium model 18650 flashlight. With 1,500-Lumens, a tactical toothed bevel, reliable grips, and ItelliBeam technology, it’s the top choice for EDC and firearms owners.
- If you want an affordable but functional 18650 flashlight, the Sofirn SP32A is hed a great choice. You get all the other models’ functionality in a compact design that’s an excellent choice for adding to your firearm lighting setup.