The survival bracelet is an excellent example of a must-have piece of kit for any survivalist. Regardless of whether you find yourself in an urban, rural, or remote survival situation, one of these bracelets will come in handy.
From assembling shelter to navigating the terrain, or fishing for food, dozens of applications are for survival bracelets. Survival experts like Bear Grylls recommend these bracelets as a top-5 item to have with your gear. Along with a fire-steel, a knife, and a water canteen, a survival bracelet can help you resolve some of the critical needs around your shelter, water, and food.
However, there are hundreds of models available from dozens of manufacturers. Choosing the right survival bracelet to pack with your gear can be a frustrating experience. In this post, we’ll unpack everything you need to know about this useful item to include on your next survival trip.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Survival Bracelet Reviews
- 3 XINISI Emergency Paracord Bracelet
- 4 Other Best Selling Options
- 5 Survival Bracelet Buyer’s Guide
- 6 What are the Features to Look for in Survival Bracelets?
- 7 Survival Bracelet FAQs
- 8 Survival Bracelets – The Verdict
If you don’t have the time to read through the entire article, you can rely on our top picks as a way to make a speedy choice on your survival bracelet. We looked through hundreds of models online to find the best survival bracelets.
Our top choices come in three categories, with all these bracelets offering unique functionality, features, and price tags. Whether you’re looking for the best-of-the-best or a budget model, we have something in this review to optimize your survival experience.
- The Best Pick: BeRicham Paracord Survival Bracelet
This BeRicham model is our top pick for the best overall survival bracelet. With the BeRicham, you get a multifunction bracelet with plenty of features. There’s an emergency alarm, paracord wrist strap, LED light, thermometer, emergency whistle, and even a fire-steel.
- The Premium Pick: Hero Company Paracord Survival Bracelet
If you’re looking for the best premium model in this review, This Hero Company model is a great choice to add to your EDC. You get a stylish buckle design.
- The Budget Pick: Daarcin Paracord Survival Bracelet
If you’re looking for a budget model with all the features and advantages of the top two bracelets in this review, check out the Daarcin. This survival bracelet features a 3-color design and comes with 15-tools in one device.
Survival Bracelet Reviews
Now that you have an idea of our top picks for the best survival bracelet, let’s unpack them in detail. We’ll look at a few other models that are top choices for your survival bracelet to give you a few more options.
Check out our buyer’s guide section for more information on what to look for in a survival bracelet. We’ll give you a breakdown of the features, functionality, and price points for choosing your bracelet.
BeRicham Paracord Survival Bracelet
This BeRicham survival bracelet wins our top award for the best overall model in this review. With this bracelet, you get 8-in-1 functionality to handle the most demanding survival situations.
There’s a fire-steel embedded into the wristband, with a scratching blade on the opposite clasp. You geta 550lb, military-grade paracord wrist strap, and a powerful 130dB alarm. The alarm is great for signaling for help or scaring off animals in the wild.
The body of the bracelet contains an LED light for finding your way in the dark. The wrist strap features a compass on the wrist to help you navigate. The built-in thermometer checks your temperature, allowing you to see if you’re getting an infection.
Overall, you can’t beat the versatility of this bracelet. It’s a good value offering, even though it has a premium price tag. The only gripe we have with this model is that its only available in camo-green. If you don’t want a tactical look to your equipment, this model might not be the best choice for you.
- 8-in-1 multi-functional survival bracelet
- Fire-steel for starting fires
- Compass to find your way
- Thermometer to monitor for infection
- 130-dB alarm for protection and detection in open spaces
- Sawtooth knife for small cutting tasks
- LED light to light up the night
- Emergency whistle to warn or call for help
- Strong paracord strap
- Tactical camo-green color
- One Color
Hero Company Paracord Survival Bracelet
Those EDC enthusiasts looking for a fashionable and effective survival bracelet for EDC will love this model.
The Hero Company features a tough, durable, military-grade paracord for this bracelet’s wrist strap. It supports 550lbs of weight, allowing you to use it for various survival tasks.
- WE GIVE BACK - As a veteran-owned business, we’re always looking for opportunities to help the men and women of the United States Armed Forces. We donate 20% of proceeds to help pair military vets with shelter or service dogs!
- FASHIONABLE & FUNCTIONAL - Stylish men's bracelets and accessories can be hard to find, but this tactical bracelet isn’t just a fashion accessory. So whether you’re trekking through the bush or the concrete jungle, this bracelet can provide you with a sense of style and security.
- UNMATCHED VERSATILITY - Paracord is like duct tape. It has thousands of uses. So if you find yourself in a bind, this survival bracelet can be unravelled and the extra durable paracord material can be used in an emergency situation or even a temporary dog leash!
- THE PERFECT GIFT - Our bracelets are the ideal gift for service men and women or those honoring a loved one. Perfect for Memorial Day, Father's Day, anniversary, birthday or as a nice treat for yourself! They're also a must-have gadget for those who enjoy camping and hiking.
- ADJUSTABLE SIZE - Our paracord bracelets measure 7” length and 7/8″ width. They're adjustable from 7" – 7.5”. Each bracelet features a bronze American flag with approximately 7 feet of 550 parachute cord and a locking clasp.
- Strong 550lb paracord wrist strap
- Premium design
- Suitable for EDC
- Not as many functions as other models
Daarcin Paracord Survival Bracelet
If you’re working with a budget, this survival bracelet is your best option. At just over $10, this bracelet is an affordable piece of kit for any EDC or survivalist application.
- STYLISH | EYE-CATCHING:Daarcin AK87 Upgraded Paracord Survival Bracelet brimming sense of science and technology,Cool features and beautiful weaving to express your unique and eye-catching lifestyle,it not only the perfect gift for outdoor enthusiasts but also for best friends or couples,such as Christmas gift,Thanksgiving gift,New year gift,birthday gift,Fathers Day. Thanks to the cool design the bracelets will appeal to both men and women alike.
- 20 IN 1 SURVIVAL TOOL:Our bracelets are upgraded to a mini personal survival kit and tool kit.Emergency Whistle in the highest decibel peak case,audible within 500 meters,High-quality Compass let you keep a sense of direction,Fire Starter can keep you ignite fire to stay warm, drying clothes, cooking food and dispel the animals invasion, save your life
- FLASHLIGHT+SOS LIGHT+FLASH WARN LIGHT:Our bracelet has three light modes the above,as emergency lighting, SOS signals, can work for 72 hours.If you wear this bracelet to your child, you can easy see him, which is the most effective way to prevent from them lost
- PORTABLE｜POWERFUL | MULTIPURPOSE:This ultra-strong AK87 bracelet for men and women, sports a stylish design that makes for easy wearing and storing.it made of ultra-strong, military-grade 550 parachute rope with a minimum break point of 550 lbs / 250 kg.Use it make trap, shelter, fish line, suture or wrap the wound
- ULTRA-VALUE SET|LIFETIME WARRANTY:AK87 bracelet is based on feedback and practise continually upgraded created tactical survival gear, you can 100% trust, really for you to conquer the wilderness.Please feel free to buy and enjoy the happiness it brings! Daarcin will provide lifetime coverage for AK87,please contact us if you have any questions. Our team will respond promptly and solve your problem
You get a 15-in-1 functionality with this bracelet, including a 550lb-rated paracord, and a clip with a compass, emergency whistle, and a sawtooth knife. The opposite end of the black plastic clip features a fire-steel in the cater for easy striking using the sawtooth.
This model comes in three different colors to match your gear and your personality. It’s the most affordable bracelet in this review, offering you excellent value for money.
- 15-in-1 multi-functional survival bracelet
- Fire-steel for starting fires
- Tough 550lb paracord wrist strap
- Compass for navigation
- Emergency whistle for detection and protection
- Sawtooth knife for minor cutting jobs
- Available in 3-colors
- Not for smaller wrists
Fire Starter Paracord Keychain
If you’re looking for something different from your survival bracelet, check out this keychain model. This survival keychain is a great choice for EDC enthusiasts, and it has a surprising amount of functionality. This 9-in-1 model comes with a military-grade 550lb-rated paracord for the strap.
- FOR ADVENTURING: Ultimate EDC tactical paracord keychain for safer outdoor adventure ; Easy to use Ferro rod and scraper for unlimited fires gives confidence for fall winter spring and summer trips
- MULTIPURPOSE: Premium carabiner keychain paracord rope for extreme situations; Compass, knife, double bottle openers, safety whistle and more in a mens or womens key chain or strap to any bugout bag
- HEAVY-DUTY: Braided paracord survival keychain carbiner made with durable materials for harsh environments; Lightweight compact emergency keychain fits his pocket, belt, backpack or her bag
- PERFECT GIFT: Practical paracord carabiner keyring for family and friends ; Surprise with a flint military lanyard paracord survival keychain ; Gift of safety and preparedness in any situation
- GET YOUR PARACORD KEYCHAIN NOW 100% RISK-FREE! That’s right! If you are not 100% flabbergasted with your safe, sturdy and problem-solving emergency paracord keychain, we promise to buy it back from you at full price. No questions asked! What are you waiting for? Prepare yourself for your next great adventure!
You have a holder for a fire-steel flint on the strap, and you get one mounted in the keyring clip for easy use. The snap-hook karabiner system makes it easy to attach to your pack, and the keyring side holds the fire-steel scraper to help you get a spark.
This model has a stylish design, but it’s only available in black. It’s a premium model with a premium price tag. However, it’s a great option to attach to your car or house keys.
- 10-in-1 paracord keychain bracelet
- Attaches to your daypack
- Emergency whistle for location attention
- 550lb paracord strap
- Snap-hook karabiner
- Keyring and saw-blade
- 2-fire-steel attachments
- One Color Choice
The Friendly Swede Trilobite Paracord Survival Bracelet
This stylish model is another great choice for EDC. IT features a basic design, relying on paracord as the only additional feature on this bracelet. However, you do get military-grade 7-strand paracord, with plenty of cord length.
The buckle on this model is the main talking-point with this bracelet. The sturdy lock-and-pin design of the buckle makes a durable connection.
If you’re in an emergency, this bracelet can act as a drag-handle, allowing your team members to pull you to safety. This classic model comes in three color designs, with a lifetime warranty on assembly and parts.
- High-quality 550lb paracord with premium wrist strap design
- Durable coupling system for drag handle in survival or combat situations
- Suitable for EDC
- Lifetime warranty
- Available in three colors
- Available in four sizes
- Premium Price
A2S Protection Paracord Bracelet
This A2S survival bracelet is a great choice for your equipment. You get a 5-in-1 tool, featuring a strong military-grade paracord wrist strap. The clip for this model features a design with an integrated compass, and you get a fire-steel with a removable fire-scraper.
- 5-IN-1 SURVIVAL TOOL: K2-peak is a complete paracord survival bracelet - Disaster Preparedness Kit - that includes: High-Quality Compass. Emergency Whistle creates noise levels of up to 100db. Comes with a useful leaflet with instructions, survival tips & ideas.
- SIZES THAT FITS EVERYBODY: We provide 4 Fixed Sizes + 1 Adjustable size. Fixed Size variations: 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 9.0 inches. Adjustable Size variations fits all wrist sizes between 8 - 9,5 inches. Please check the size instruction image, measure your wrist & be sure that you selecting the right variation before ordering. Please notice both bracelets in each set are the same size.
- UNMATCHED POWER & VERSATILITY yet FASHIONABLE & FUNCTIONAL: Wide Range of Colors, made of ultra-strong, military-grade 550 Parachute Cord, buckle with built-in Compass & Whistle. Emergency gear necessary for everyone.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Make the A2S Paracord Bracelet an indispensable survival accessory for any camping, fishing, hiking or hunting trip. MAGNESIA ROD gives you a secure solution when lighting a fire is a matter of an emergency. Rub the rod to get spark and fire under any weather conditions
- TESTED FOR EXCELLENCE: Has been tried & tested to a minimum breaking point of 550lbs/250kg. Deploy your 12 FEET OF PARACORD in any situation where an extremely strong rope or cordage is needed. Use it as a trap, make a shelter, or use one of the finer SEVEN INNER STRANDS as FIRE TINDER; FISHING LINE or SEWING STRING.
The bracelet also features an emergency whistle, and suits survivalists that need to signal for help. This model comes in several color designs and sizes to meet your requirements.
- 5-in-1 functionality
- 550lb, military-grade, 7-strand paracord
- Emergency whistle for alerting search parties
- Fire-steel with a fire scraper
- Multiple colors and sizes available
- The plastic strap clip seems flimsy
X-Plore Gear Emergency Paracord Bracelets
If you’re going through survival bracelets like your underwear, you need an affordable model you can trust. This set of two survival bracelets from X-Plore Gear is a great choice to have a backup lying around.
- THE ULTIMATE SURVIVAL GEAR: The SA01 emergency paracord bracelet is a compact and tactical survival bracelet that comes packed with all the necessary features you need, in order to survive in the wilderness. Our paracord bracelet is the ideal choice for every camping, hiking, hunting, fishing enthusiast or simply anyone who likes going in the Great Outdoors and be prepared!
- 4 IN 1 SURVIVAL KIT: Our bracelet is a mini personal survival kit on its own. Featuring a flint fire starter, a whistle that can be heard from a great distance, and a compass to maintain your sense of direction, this bracelet will help you with winter journeys and we bet it could even help you survive during the apocalypse!
- SMART, COMPACT, PORTABLE: This ultra strong paracord bracelet for men and women, sports a smart design that makes for easy carrying and storing. Simply wear it on your wrist, or snap it on your backpack and enjoy having a tactical survival kit always with you, no matter where your adventure takes you! Plus, our bracelet sets come in different color combos for you to find your favorite. Available in three different sizes: Regular, Medium, and Kid Size. Order yours today!
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL GADGET: With our 4 in 1 Survival Bracelet, you can always be prepared. Set traps with the Paracord rope, secure your items or use it as restrains, light a fire for cooking and warming yourself up, find your way with the compass and have an ever-important scraper at your disposal. Small, compact and packed with everything you need, this tactical bracelet is a must-have for every Outdoorsy person out there!
- A SAFE PURCHASE: We at X-Plore Gear, manufacture our paracord bracelets according to the highest standards so that you can enjoy them for as long as possible. You can rest assured that our survival bracelets are 100% reliable when the time comes to use them, unlike many other competing products on the market. So grab our amazing, cost-effective set for you and your friends, and have fun exploring!
You get multiple colors and sizing options with plenty of features. This survival bracelet comes with a fire-steel and fire scraper on the bracelet clip and a compass and whistle. The 7-strand paracord supports up to 330lbs.
- Multi-function 3-in-1 use
- Comes in a two-pack for more value
- 330lb, 7-strand paracord
- Emergency whistle for location detection
- Fire-steel and fire scraper
- Multiple sizes and colors available
- The plastic strap clip seems flimsy
XINISI Emergency Paracord Bracelet
If you’re looking for the best survival tool you can find, this model is a top choice. We almost considered adding this survival bracelet to our top pick for a premium model. You get everything you need in a survival bracelet with this model.
- There are three modes of LED lights. SOS battery life measurement In constant light mode: continuous power supply for 72 hours; in burst mode: continuous power supply for 72 hours; SOS mode: continuous power supply for 72 hours; waterproof effect is also very good.Emergency Whistle creates noise levels of up to 100db, you can send out audible signal with it for help from rescuers nearby
- Product size width is 2.3cm, tile size is 23.5cm, stretch size is 29.5cm.
- The diameter of the umbrella rope is 4 mm, and the single rope pull is about 300 kg. The total length of the umbrella rope is 3 meters to 3.2 meters.In an emergency, when the bracelet is disassembled, it will be a lifeline with a length of 3 meters to 3.2 meters, which can bear 300 kg; there are seven cores in the lifeline, which can be drawn out and used alone to wrap wounds, make traps, tie up temporary tents, and tie up. Things etc
- 20-in-1 Survival Tools: The bracelet contains 20 kinds of emergency tools such as: Flint Fire Starter(Magnesium Rod), Fire Scraper, Whistle, SOS LED Light, SIM Pin, Parachute Cord, Compass, T Shape Tool (Protection Cover), Big & Small Bicycle Amplitude Modulation Tools, Wrench, Bottle Opener, Can Opener, Saw, Screwdrive, Half-circle Scraper, Paner. With this Bracelet, you can always be prepared for all kinds of wilderness and outdoor adventures
- Adjustable Size: It can be adjusted from 9.25-11.6"(23.5-29.5cm) for your wrist circumference, that makes it will fit most users.Suitable for camping, hiking, mountaineering, parks, leisure, fishing, cycling, rafting and other outdoor activities, adding more help to your wild adventure
You get a compass, emergency whistle, and fire-steel with a scraping blade in the bracelet’s clip. There’s an onboard LED light included, and a high-strength paracord supporting up to 550lbs. The SOS light flashes a distress pattern when you’re in trouble, and you get wrench tools included with this bracelet.
- 2-pack of bracelets for excellent value
- 20-in-1 functionality
- 330lb paracord, multi-purpose tool, emergency whistle, compass, and more
- Military-grade compass
- Waterproof LED light
- One Color Choice
Other Best Selling Options
- ★ 5-in-1 EMERGENCY SURVIVAL BRACELET: Each bracelet is hand-woven from strong tactical paracord which can be used as rescue rope. The embedded compass, flint fire starter, whistle to generate 100 db sound and handy wire saw makes it a must have survival kit for outdoor enthusiasts.
- ★ SMART, COMPACT, PORTABLE: This ultra strong paracord bracelet for men and women, sports a smart design that makes for easy carrying and storing. The 7 core military grade parachute cord measures 10.5ft and is very useful to component and is suitable to create a shelter, raft, clothes line for drying etc.
- ★ MULTIFUNCTION SURVIVAL GADGET: This paracord survival kit is a feature packed tool which helps you to improve upon your survival skills. It’s goanna be your best friend every time you venture into camping, hiking, hunting, fishing or any outdoor sports. Delight your friends and gift this cute and lovely survival bracelet and see a big smile on their faces.
- ★ STYLISH, PORTABLE, AND WEATHERPROOF: This super-strong outdoors bracelet for kids, men and women is a trendy and stylish gadget to own. Designed intelligently for easy carrying and storage. Just wear it on your wrist or snap it on your backpack and enjoy this tactical lifesaving kit. It’s completely waterproof and weatherproof offering you great flexibility and amazing experience.
- ★ 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: El Moe is a truly remarkable company driving innovations to add value to our customers. It gives us immense pleasure to bring this best survival bracelet for you. If for any reason you are not happy, just let us know and our customer service team will immediately resolve any issues. Go ahead, buy with confidence and click " ADD TO CART" now!
- Paracord survivor camouflage bracelets; Each paracord bracelet is handmade using durable 550 lb paracord rope; Tightly braided to not untangle from daily wear and perfect for outdoor activities and sports
- Camouflage pattern boys bracelets; These survival bracelets come in variety of cool colors; Use for camping and outdoor activities like hiking, trekking, mountain and rock climbing
- Easter basket fillers and stocking stuffers for teens; 12 assorted bracelets for boys that make fun camping accessories, classroom giveaways for teachers, and boys birthday party favors
- Camo bracelets made approximately 8.5 inches long and 0.75 inches wide; Hand braided sizes may vary up to 0.5 inches
- Cool bracelets with a simple buckle clasp that's easy for kids to use
- URBAN & OUTDOORS 8-IN-1 SURVIVAL TOOL: Navigate your way through the wilderness with the built-in HIGH-QUALITY COMPASS securely embedded in your buckle. Use the Magnesia rod Fire starter and the 0.89 inch scrapper to light a fire under any conditions.
- FASHIONABLE & FUNCTIONAL: Not only do the PSK Paracord bracelets look great on your wrist but wearing them could one day mean the difference between life and death. Blow THE EMERGENCY WHISTLE and create noise levels of up to 100db – equivalent to the sound of a chainsaw – to reveal your location to potential rescuers. The small signal mirror is a way to make silent light signals in case of an emergency. The fishing string is a handy solution for emergency food.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Carry your paracord bracelets on your wrist or attach them to your backpack. With only 1.7 oz in weight, there is absolutely no reason why you should ever leave your survival bracelet behind | STYLISH WRISTBAND WITH SMOOTH TEXTURE – Adjustable size comfortably fits all wrist sizes between 8 -9 inches.
- UNMATCHED POWER & VERSATILITY: Known as the most versatile cord in existence the A2S PSK paracord has been tried & tested to a minimum breaking point of 550lbs/250kg. Deploy your 12 FEET OF PARACORD in any situation where a robust rope or cordage is needed. Use one of the finer SEVEN INNER STRANDS as FIRE TINDER; FISHING LINE or SEWING STRING. Replace your SHOELACES with the rugged, outer casing or use the cord as a RIDGE LINE for your top shelter. The best addition to your Military Backpack.
- LIFESAVER: Disaster Preparedness Kit - Emergency Kit. Nowadays anyone can be in danger under various circumstances. No matter if you are in the city, off the grid, traveling, or exploring nature by camping, running, biking, hiking, skiing of hunting. PSK tactical paracord bracelet adds an extra layer of security for you and your beloved ones. The most handy Survival Backpack Emergency Kit one can have. Make PSK yours now and order one for the persons you care about the most.
- Be Ready To Survive Without Stuffing Your Backpack - Find the 5 camping gear must haves in just one bracelet : fire starter, reliable compass, loud emergency whistle, ferro rod striker and 12 feet of military-grade paracord.
- Don't Stress About Getting The Size Right - Unlike other options, the Cobra bracelet is adjustable to fit small and big wrists. Bracelet adjusts from 8"-10.5". Perfect as hiking accessories for men, women and kids.
- Did You Know That Cold Is The #1 Cause Of Death? Beat the statistics. In an emergency, use the flint steel to start a fire and secure a shelter using the paracord to fight hypothermia.
- Be Ready When SHTF - Add this survival bracelet tool to your hiking essentials, hunting gear, camping stuff or fishing equipment.
- Limited Time Offer - Currently comes in a pack of 2 bracelets: one black and one orange+black (see pictures). Includes a lifetime warranty and instructions on how to make a fire. Buy Now.
- 【12 Pcs Bracelets】This jewelry includes 12 pcs paracord bracelets, 12 pcs different color such as red, yellow, green, black, etc. Different survival bracelets will bring you good mood and meet your daily matching. Original Design Pattern. Registered Copyright.
- 【High Quality】The hypoallergenic woven bracelet made of high quality wax string, and with long durability, lead-free and nickel-free. Believe you will feel comfortable to wear them for a long time.
- 【Adjustable Size】These braided bracelets can be adjusted according to different size, each bracelet is equipped with a strong adjustable buckle, which can be fixed in the appropriate position and convenient to put on and take off. Suitable for most wrist sizes, no need to worry about buying the wrong size.
- 【Great Gifts】The woven bracelet set is packaged in a box, and can be used as an excellent gift for son, father, friends, lovers or couples on graduation gifts, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Anniversary, Valentine's Day and other important festivals, and believe the bracelet is a great gift for anyone who likes camping, hunting, fishing, or other outdoor activities.
- 【Good Service】Adjustable size, high quality, and if there are any problems with the product after arrival, please find us and we will reply and solve customer problems in time.
Survival Bracelet Buyer’s Guide
Survivalists need to prepare for any SHTF situation. Whether it’s navigating a rescue or leading an expedition, there are a thousand things that can go wrong. You need to rely on your kit to deliver the solutions you need to problems you encounter along the way.
Your gear can mean the difference between life and death in a crunch situation. Prepping your survival equipment doesn’t mean you need to spend thousands on the latest hi-tech equipment—some of the most useful and essential ger costs next to nothing.
A survival bracelet is a handy piece of gear to have on your person. It’s a preventative measure and part of your EDC because you never know when you’re going to need it.
Sure, if you’re heading out into unforgiving terrain, then you can pack your bracelet ahead of time, but if you’re out in the field, and you need to manage your EDC carry, taking a survival bracelet with you is a no-brainer.
A survival bracelet can come in handy in various situations, and you’ll wish you had one when the time arises. Fortunately, this piece of kit is a relatively straightforward design, and it comes with an affordable price tag, even for premium models.
Now that you have an idea of the short-list candidates for the best survival bracelet, it’s time to start narrowing down your choices to find the model that best suits your needs. In this buyer’s guide section, we’ll look at the best features of a survival bracelet. We’ll give you everything you need to know to choose the right model for your needs.
How Do I Carry My Survival Bracelet?
Let’s start this article by looking at how you’re going to carry the bracelet.
Paracord is an indispensable survival tool with plenty of uses, and the more you have of it, the better. Since that’s the case, you have two options when choosing how you carry your survival bracelet.
The first option is carrying it on your wrist. A wrist carry is convenient, and it keeps the bracelet on hand for emergencies. If you experience a puncture wound and start bleeding, you need your bracelet on hand to strip the cord for a tourniquet. Rummaging through your bag in this situation could end up costing you your life.
The second carry option is on your day pack. Carrying the bracelet this way allowed you to get the biggest size possible. As a result, you end up with plenty of paracords if things go wrong. However, carrying on your pack increases the risk of loss. It also reduces the speed of getting to your equipment, as outlined in the example above.
You need to decide which way you want to carry your survival bracelet and what type of functionality you need for the kit.
Sizing Your Survival Bracelet to Your Wrist
When choosing to wear your survival bracelet on your wrist, you need to buy the right size. Some people have smaller wrists than others, and it varies depending on your genetics.
Some models come with an adjustable strap, while others require you to purchase the right size to match your wrist.
What are the functions of a Survival Bracelet?
There are plenty of ways to use your bracelet in a survivalist situation. Some of the common applications for survival bracelets include the following.
- Compass– find your way when lost in the wilderness. Your survival bracelet’s compass is accurate and compact, providing you with a directional device to get you back to camp.
- Knife blade – This feature is suitable for enhancing your EDC. You get a blade for self-defense situations and a paracord that acts as a tourniquet. Look for models with different knife blades to suit your needs. Hawkbills are a great choice for self-defense, while double-edge straight blades are a good cross-utility tool.
- LED Light – An LED light is a handy item to have on your wrist when it’s dark out, and you’re far from camp.
- Emergency Whistle – If you get lost or need to attract the rescue teams’ attention while searching for your location.
- Fire-steel and striking blade – A handy tool for making a fire in the wilderness. Fire is a critical component of bushcraft, and having convenient access to a spark can save you in a life-threatening situation.
- Paracord – Paracord is one of the key features of any survival bracelet. You need a model with 330lb to 550lb paracord for high tensile strength. Most brands of military-grade paracord come with seven different gauges of materials inside the cord. Depending on your need, you might need different cords for various survivalist tasks.
There are a bunch of functions for paracord in survival situations, including the following.
- Tie up your loose gear and remove food from the ground with a pully line
- Use threads for sewing materials or stitching wounds
- Use it as a tourniquet to stop bleeding
- Open the strands of paracord to get a fishing line
- Hang a washing line
- Create tripwires around your campsite to alert you of intruders
- Mockup areas and distances
- Use it as a support for shelter
What are the Features to Look for in Survival Bracelets?
When selecting your survival bracelet, there are a couple of things to think about before settling on your preferred design. Consider these factors when reviewing your top picks.
Check on the Functionality
What functionality do you get with the bracelet? How do you intend to use the bracelet? These questions are important for settling on the right design and style for your survivalist needs. For example, if you’re a military contractor looking for a fully-functional bracelet, look for models that offer compasses and other survival options.
However, if you’re an EDC enthusiast looking for something to add to your urban carry, items like compasses might not offer any value. Instead, you might want the addition of a self-defense weapon like a knife blade. Styling might also be a concern, as are the quality and look of the paracord materials.
Choose the design that caters to your needs, and make sure you know what you’re looking at. There’s nothing wrong with picking up a few different bracelets to suit various applications. Get one bracelet for survival situations, and another for EDC carry.
Other Factors to Consider in Selecting Your Survival Bracelet
- Lightweight Design – A lightweight design is important for your survival bracelet. Fortunately, most models come with paracord construction and plastic clips, providing a light feel to your kit.
- High-quality materials – Look for models featuring high-quality materials. The paracord in your bracelet should support 330lbs to 550lbs, depending on the model. Some paracord weaving designs allow for longer stretches of cord and a premium look to the bracelet.
- Clip Design – The clip is an important consideration. In survival situations, your team might need to pull you out of harm’s way. The survival bracelet acts as a drag-handle, helping them pull you to safety. However, you might not need this functionality if you’re just going on a camping trip. In this case, a lightweight plastic clip would be the ideal choice.
- EDC or Survival? – When selecting your ideal survival bracelet, you have the option of going with a survivalist look and features or an EDC carry. Why not pick up one of each to suit your lifestyle needs?
How Much Should I Pay for a Survival Bracelet?
After selecting your ideal survival bracelet, it’s time to check out. The bracelet’s price will vary depending on the manufacturer, the materials, and the type of functionality or features included with the bracelet design.
You can expect to pay around $6 on the market’s low-end and up to $30 for premium models. The average price for a survival bracelet is approximately $10. As mentioned, this piece of kit is not expensive. You have the option of picking up a few different types to see which style you enjoy for survival conditions or EDC.
Let your budget guide your decision. Consider splashing out a dollar or two more for a high-quality design that gives you a longer service life.
Do the Color and Design Matter?
Some models come with only one color option for the bracelet., that might be frustrating for some survivalists.
It’s a trend in survivalist to ensure you buy gear that doesn’t have a tactical look. Therefore, something like the Welltop model might not be the best choice. This bracelet only comes in camo-green, with a distinctive tactical look.
However, some people might embrace the tactical look and want something that has a military-style design. Choosing the right model depends on your needs and what you want from the bracelet. Some models come in multiple colors, with up to 10 or more to choose from when picking out your bracelet.
How Long will My Survival Bracelet Last?
That depends on your situation. If you go on a trip, you might have to use it right away in an emergency. If that’s the case, remember to salvage any paracord and the clip of your bracelet. You might be able to refurbish the bracelet later with new materials.
However, in most cases, you’ll end up buying a new bracelet to replace the old one. It’s for this reason that survival bracelets are so affordable. They’re a piece of kit with a replaceable design. Some EDC models come with a premium design, and it might break your heart to have to cut it up and use the paracord as a tourniquet.
Choose the bracelet that meets your needs, and set a budget before you start shopping. You’ll deeply regret going over your budget if you must tear apart your bracelet to get to the paracord in an emergency.
Survival Bracelet FAQs
Why do soldiers wear paracord bracelets?
A paracord bracelet has a special meaning for soldiers. It’s a symbol that the teams all have each other’s back when out in the field. It’s a good luck charm that gives soldiers a sense of calm in hair-raising situations, reminding them that they’ll get back home safe.
Will my paracord bracelet shrink when I get it wet in the shower?
Typically, the paracord shrinks the first time it gets wet. You can expect the shrinkage to be anywhere up to 30%, depending on the bracelet manufacturer and the material quality. However, after the first wash, you can expect the paracord to retain its size and shape, with no further shrinkage.
Which is stronger – rope or paracord?
Paracord has a higher tensile strength than rope. The average paracord can support up to 550-lbs of weight. Considering it’s much thinner than a standard rope, it offers superior tensile strength for survival purposes.
Where is the best place to buy a paracord bracelet?
We recommend buying your survival bracelet from Amazon. This online retailer has the best selection, and they offer fast shipping to Prime members. If there are any defects with the bracelet, or you’re not satisfied with your purchase, you can benefit from Amazons buyer protection and returns policy.
Survival Bracelets – The Verdict
By now, you should have a good idea of the best survival bracelet to suit your needs. There are plenty of choices in this review, and we understand that you might be having a hard time settling on your favorite model. If that’s the case, let us help you get off the fence. Choose one of our top picks, and start preparing for your trip.
- The BeRicham Paracord Survival Bracelet is a great choice and the winner of the best overall survival bracelet in this review. You get 8-in-1 functionality with this bracelet, including items like a fire-steel included in the strap buckle, and a paracord strap. This model is a top choice, but it only comes in a camo green color. This color scheme gives it a tactical look, with plenty of versatility for your survival needs.
- The Hero Company Paracord Survival Bracelet is another great option for survivalists and EDC enthusiasts. The bracelet includes a paracord strap for emergencies and a high-quality design that makes it the best premium option in this review.
- The Daarcin Paracord Survival Bracelet offers survivalists the best value deal in this review. With this survival bracelet, you get a 5-in-1 survival system including a fire-steel, paracord strap, compass, emergency whistle, and a sawtooth knife. This bracelet is affordable, and there’s no reason you can’t add this bracelet to your survival gear.