The survival bracelet is an excellent example of a must-have piece of kit for any survivalist. Regardless of whether you find yourself in an urban, rural, or remote survival situation, one of these bracelets will come in handy.
From assembling shelter to navigating the terrain, or fishing for food, dozens of applications are for survival bracelets. Survival experts like Bear Grylls recommend these bracelets as a top-5 item to have with your gear. Along with a fire-steel, a knife, and a water canteen, a survival bracelet can help you resolve some of the critical needs around your shelter, water, and food.
However, there are hundreds of models available from dozens of manufacturers. Choosing the right survival bracelet to pack with your gear can be a frustrating experience. In this post, we’ll unpack everything you need to know about this useful item to include on your next survival trip.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Survival Bracelet Reviews
- 2.1 Welltop Paracord Survival Bracelet
- 2.2 Outdoor Edge ParaClaw Paracord Survival Bracelet
- 2.3 RNS STAR Paracord Survival Bracelet
- 2.4 Fire Starter Paracord Keychain
- 2.5 The Friendly Swede Trilobite Paracord Survival Bracelet
- 2.6 Everest Paracord Emergency Bracelet
- 2.7 A2S Protection Paracord Bracelet
- 2.8 X-Plore Gear Emergency Paracord Bracelets
- 2.9 HNYYZL Emergency Paracord Bracelet
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Survival Bracelet Buyer’s Guide
- 5 What are the Features to Look for in Survival Bracelets?
- 6 Survival Bracelet FAQs
- 7 Survival Bracelets – The Verdict
If you don’t have the time to read through the entire article, you can rely on our top picks as a way to make a speedy choice on your survival bracelet. We looked through hundreds of models online to find the best survival bracelets.
Our top choices come in three categories, with all these bracelets offering unique functionality, features, and price tags. Whether you’re looking for the best-of-the-best or a budget model, we have something in this review to optimize your survival experience.
Best Pick: Welltop Paracord Survival Bracelet
- 【8-in-1 multifuctional paracord survival bracelet】-The survival bracelet kit owns 8 kinds of emergency tools: Fire Starter(Magnesium Rod), Whistle, Rescue Parachute Cord, Knife, Thermometer, Compass, SOS LED Light, 130db Alarm.
- 【Must have for adventures】-The fire starter and a scraper can make you resist the cold and survive in a humid environment; The 130db alarm has strong penetration. In an unknown environment, the high volume of stimulation can also drive out the beasts in the dark at night. Our siren has the function of LED lights to illuminate the road you, and have SOS international general distress signal mode, so that search and rescue personnel can find you faster!
- 【Lightweight and practical】-The multitool survival bracelet is very lightweight and ultra-practical, and it's easy to store and carry around. You can wear it on your wrist or attach it to your backpack when take outdoor activities, very suitable for men and women who love outdoor adventures.
- 【Designed for outdoor adventures】-The survival paracord bracelet is specially designed for outdoor adventures, equipped with most of essential survival tools. With our bracelet, you can easily resolve all kinds of various dilemmas and enjoy the fun of wilderness adventures.
- 【Great gift for adventure enthusiast】-The paracord emergency bracelet can be perfect for all kinds of outdoor sports or adventures, such as travel, hiking, mountaineering, camping, hunting, fishing or other outdoor adventures. Great gift choice for your dad, husband, boyfriend, son and brother, specially for adventure enthusiast.
This Welltop model is our top pick for the best overall survival bracelet. With the Welltop, you get a multifunction bracelet with plenty of features. There’s an emergency alarm, paracord wrist strap, LED light, thermometer, emergency whistle, and even a fire-steel.
Prmium Pick: Outdoor Edge ParaClaw Paracord Survival Bracelet
If you’re looking for the best premium model in this review, This Outdoor Edge model is a great choice to add to your EDC. You get a stylish buckle design that doubles as a sheath for a knife blade. The blade is a handy tool to have in both self-defense and survival situations.
Budget Pick: RNS STAR Paracord Survival Bracelet
- ✅ SURVIVAL CAMPING OUTDOOR EMERGENCY KIT - A Life Saving Gear for Camping and Outdoor Survival Traveling Gear.Parachute Rope,High-Quality Compass, Flint Fire Starter Fire Scrapper, use it also as Emergency. Emergency Whistle
- ✅ 5-IN-1 BRACELET : Paracord rope (3.2m when unfolded). Start a fire when you need with the Flint Starter. Get help using the Emergency Whistle. Find your way with the Compass. Use the Sawtooth to cut ropes.
- ✅ COMPLETELY WATERPROOF. Use it whatever the conditions are! The plastic clip ensures you can put it and remove it with no problem even when it’s cold.
- ✅ BEST FOR GIFT - Birthday, Party, Celebration, EID or Christmas gift, this Product Will Straight from Amazon's Warehouses All Across the USA, Right on Time. Order Now and be Happy!
- ✅ CUSTOMRE SUPPORT - Our Concern is to Give a Best Support to Customer.We Care about You and Your Satisfaction is Our Achievement.
If you’re looking for a budget model with all the features and advantages of the top two bracelets in this review, check out the RNS STAR. This survival bracelet features a 7-color design and comes with 5-tools in one device.
Survival Bracelet Reviews
Now that you have an idea of our top picks for the best survival bracelet, let’s unpack them in detail. We’ll look at a few other models that are top choices for your survival bracelet to give you a few more options.
Check out our buyer’s guide section for more information on what to look for in a survival bracelet. We’ll give you a breakdown of the features, functionality, and price points for choosing your bracelet.
Welltop Paracord Survival BraceletThis Welltop survival bracelet wins our top award for the best overall model in this review. With this bracelet, you get 8-in-1 functionality to handle the most demanding survival situations.
There’s a fire-steel embedded into the wristband, with a scratching blade on the opposite clasp. You geta 550lb, military-grade paracord wrist strap, and a powerful 130dB alarm. The alarm is great for signaling for help or scaring off animals in the wild.
The body of the bracelet contains an LED light for finding your way in the dark. The wrist strap features a compass on the wrist to help you navigate. The built-in thermometer checks your temperature, allowing you to see if you’re getting an infection.
Overall, you can’t beat the versatility of this bracelet. It’s a good value offering, even though it has a premium price tag. The only gripe we have with this model is that its only available in camo-green. If you don’t want a tactical look to your equipment, this model might not be the best choice for you.
- 8-in-1 multi-functional survival bracelet
- Fire-steel for starting fires
- Compass to find your way
- Thermometer to monitor for infection
- 130-dB alarm for protection and detection in open spaces
- Sawtooth knife for small cutting tasks
- LED light to light up the night
- Emergency whistle to warn or call for help
- Strong paracord strap
- Tactical camo-green color
- One Color
Outdoor Edge ParaClaw Paracord Survival Bracelet
Those EDC enthusiasts looking for a fashionable and effective survival bracelet for EDC will love this model.
The Outdoor Edge ParaClaw features a tough, durable, military-grade paracord for this bracelet’s wrist strap. It supports 550lbs of weight, allowing you to use it for various survival tasks.
This model features an attractive self-defense blade, with a hawkbill design for slashing at attackers. This model comes in two colors and has a premium look that works with any civilian clothing.
The blade of the knife features design and construction with durable 8CR13MoV stainless steel. You get a blade that’s resistant to corrosion and a strong, long-lasting edge.
- Strong 550lb paracord wrist strap
- Premium design
- Hawkbill knife blade
- 8CR13MoV stainless steel for corrosion resistance
- Suitable for EDC
- Not as many functions as other models
RNS STAR Paracord Survival Bracelet
If you’re working with a budget, this survival bracelet is your best option. At just over $6, this bracelet is an affordable piece of kit for any EDC or survivalist application.
You get a 5-in-1 functionality with this bracelet, including a 550lb-rated paracord, and a clip with a compass, emergency whistle, and a sawtooth knife. The opposite end of the black plastic clip features a fire-steel in the cater for easy striking using the sawtooth.
This model comes in seven different colors to match your gear and your personality. It’s the most affordable bracelet in this review, offering you excellent value for money.
- 5-in-1 multi-functional survival bracelet
- Fire-steel for starting fires
- Tough 550lb paracord wrist strap
- Compass for navigation
- Emergency whistle for detection and protection
- Sawtooth knife for minor cutting jobs
- Available in 7-colors
- Not for smaller wrists
Fire Starter Paracord Keychain
If you’re looking for something different from your survival bracelet, check out this keychain model. This survival keychain is a great choice for EDC enthusiasts, and it has a surprising amount of functionality. This 9-in-1 model comes with a military-grade 550lb-rated paracord for the strap.
You have a holder for a fire-steel flint on the strap, and you get one mounted in the keyring clip for easy use. The snap-hook karabiner system makes it easy to attach to your pack, and the keyring side holds the fire-steel scraper to help you get a spark.
This model has a stylish design, but it’s only available in black. It’s a premium model with a premium price tag. However, it’s a great option to attach to your car or house keys.
- 9-in-1 paracord keychain bracelet
- Attaches to your daypack
- Emergency whistle for location attention
- 550lb paracord strap
- Snap-hook karabiner
- Keyring and saw-blade
- 2-fire-steel attachments
- One Color Choice
The Friendly Swede Trilobite Paracord Survival BraceletThis stylish model is another great choice for EDC. IT features a basic design, relying on paracord as the only additional feature on this bracelet. However, you do get military-grade 7-strand paracord, with plenty of cord length.
The buckle on this model is the main talking-point with this bracelet. The sturdy lock-and-pin design of the buckle makes a durable connection.
If you’re in an emergency, this bracelet can act as a drag-handle, allowing your team members to pull you to safety. This classic model comes in three color designs, with a lifetime warranty on assembly and parts.
- High-quality 550lb paracord with premium wrist strap design
- Durable coupling system for drag handle in survival or combat situations
- Suitable for EDC
- Lifetime warranty
- Available in three colors
- Available in four sizes
- Premium Price
Everest Paracord Emergency BraceletThis Everest model is a great choice for your EDC survival bracelet. You get a strong 550lb paracord, featuring military-grade design. This unit’s metal clasp is secure and features a built-in knife blade for self-defense and minor survivalist tasks.
This 4-in-1 survival bracelet features a paracord and a knife blade and a compass to help you navigate, and fire-steel with a scraping tool. The lightweight and compact design make it a top choice in this review.
- 4-in-1 functionality
- Knife blade, fire-steel, steel-scraper, and compass
- Lightweight and comfortable wrist strap design
- Adjustable sizing
- Suitable as a drag-handle
- 550lb paracord
- One Color Choice
A2S Protection Paracord BraceletThis A2S survival bracelet is a great choice for your equipment. You get a 5-in-1 tool, featuring a strong military-grade paracord wrist strap. The clip for this model features a design with an integrated compass, and you get a fire-steel with a removable fire-scraper.
The bracelet also features an emergency whistle, and suits survivalists that need to signal for help. This model comes in several color designs and sizes to meet your requirements.
- 5-in-1 functionality
- 550lb, military-grade, 7-strand paracord
- Emergency whistle for alerting search parties
- Fire-steel with a fire scraper
- Multiple colors and sizes available
- The plastic strap clip seems flimsy
X-Plore Gear Emergency Paracord Bracelets
If you’re going through survival bracelets like your underwear, you need an affordable model you can trust. This set of two survival bracelets from X-Plore Gear is a great choice to have a backup lying around.
You get multiple colors and sizing options with plenty of features. This survival bracelet comes with a fire-steel and fire scraper on the bracelet clip and a compass and whistle. The 7-strand paracord supports up to 330lbs.
- Multi-function 3-in-1 use
- Comes in a two-pack for more value
- 330lb, 7-strand paracord
- Emergency whistle for location detection
- Fire-steel and fire scraper
- Multiple sizes and colors available
- The plastic strap clip seems flimsy
HNYYZL Emergency Paracord Bracelet
If you’re looking for the best survival tool you can find, this model is a top choice. We almost considered adding this survival bracelet to our top pick for a premium model. You get everything you need in a survival bracelet with this model.
You get a compass, emergency whistle, and fire-steel with a scraping blade in the bracelet’s clip. There’s an onboard LED light included, and a high-strength paracord supporting up to 550lbs. The SOS light flashes a distress pattern when you’re in trouble, and you get wrench tools included with this bracelet.
- 2-pack of bracelets for excellent value
- 20-in-1 functionality
- 330lb paracord, multi-purpose tool, emergency whistle, compass, and more
- Military-grade compass
- Waterproof LED light
- One Color Choice
Other Best Selling Options
- 【21 in 1 Survival Bracelet】: It includes multiple survival tool:Upgrade compass, SOS LED light,Flint fire starter,Whistle,Tool card,T shape knife,Thermometer; it is not only a cool decoration but also a survival gear kit while traveling.
- 【SOS LED Light】: It is a key to seek or implement rescue.The LED light has three modes: flash(press),lighting(press again), morse code rescue signal(press for 3s);built-in battery can last for more than 18 hours;it is also bright enough to be seen within 32 feet/10 meters diameter in darkness.
- 【Upgrade Compass & Rescue Whistle】:Upgarde compass has a diameter of 0.79” dial bigger than others’ and it is more accurate and easy-to-read to show you the correct direction in kinds of emergency and tactical situations.Built-in whistle is high-decibel that can be heard from a far distance.
- 【10ft Paracord Bracelet & Thermometer】:The paracord can withstand weight up to 250lb(113kg); paracord bracelet can be loosen up to 10 feet in any situation when strong rope or cordage is needed. Good to stabilize a tent to build a shelter, create hunter traps, hiking rope and so on. Thermometer is ideal to know local real-time temperature quick(in Celsius)
- 【Perfect Gift】: This adjustable survival bracelet is about 7.5 inch to 9.5 inch which is perfectly to fit your wrists.Toggle strap let’s you adjust to wrist or attach it to your bag, belt or backpack. Also you can buy it for friends as gifts for kayaking, hiking and horseback riding friends. ♥Package Content: 1 x survival bracelet
- 5-IN-1 SURVIVAL TOOL: K2-peak is a complete paracord survival bracelet - Disaster Preparedness Kit - that includes: High-Quality Compass. Flint Fire Starter. Fire Scrapper, Emergency Whistle creates noise levels of up to 100db. Comes with a useful leaflet with instructions, survival tips & ideas.
- SIZES THAT FITS EVERYBODY: We provide 4 Fixed Sizes + 1 Adjustable size. Fixed Size variations: 7.5, 8.0, 8.5, 9.0 inches. Adjustable Size variations fits all wrist sizes between 8 - 9,5 inches. Please check the size instruction image, measure your wrist & be sure that you selecting the right variation before ordering. Please notice both bracelets in each set are the same size.
- UNMATCHED POWER & VERSATILITY yet FASHIONABLE & FUNCTIONAL: Wide Range of Colors, made of ultra-strong, military-grade 550 Parachute Cord, buckle with built-in Compass, Fire-Starter & Whistle. Emergency gear necessary for everyone.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Make the A2S Paracord Bracelet an indispensable survival accessory for any camping, fishing, hiking or hunting trip. MAGNESIA ROD (Flint Fire Starter) gives you a secure solution when lighting a fire is a matter of an emergency. Rub the rod to the to get spark and fire under any weather conditions. Please check the fire starter instructions image.
- TESTED FOR EXCELLENCE: Has been tried & tested to a minimum breaking point of 550lbs/250kg. Deploy your 12 FEET OF PARACORD in any situation where an extremely strong rope or cordage is needed. Use it as a trap, make a shelter, or use one of the finer SEVEN INNER STRANDS as FIRE TINDER; FISHING LINE or SEWING STRING.
- HIGH-QUALITY PARACORD MATERIAL - Braided with military seven-core parachute rope, can bear a load of about 300 pounds, very strong and has corrosion resistance and anti-aging.The sturdy paracord can help you drag things in the outdoor survival
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL 5-in-1 SURVIVAL BRACELET - Including 5 survival tools, compass, fire starter, whistle, survival paracord, emergency knife, equivalent to a set of tactical emergency gear kit.The rest of the bracelet is paracord, length 141.7 inches,you can make a trap, a shelter,It can be used as a clothesline, a shoelace, tied up wood,the inner core of the paracord can be used as fishing line or dental floss.
- CAMPING & HIKING - Suitable for camping, hiking, hunting, fishing,backpacking trips and other outdoor sports.Compass can prevent you from getting lost in outdoor adventure,fire starter scrape off the coating and commence to sparking,whistle is loud can be heard within 500 meters, used for emergency calls. emergency knife can be used to cut ropes and wood sticks.You can also modify the device according to your own ideas
- ADJUSTABLE & WATERPROOF - Adjustable survival bracelet,the size of the bracelet is adjustable from 8 in to 10 in. It is suitable for various types of wrists and very convenient to carry.Adopt high-quality waterproof fire starter design, in any harsh environment, rubbing the blade with the ignition rod will produce sparks and fire.
- AS A GIFT - Gifts for men, but also gifts and cool gadgets for women, teenagers, outdoor enthusiasts, this paracord bracelet accessories can also be used to match clothes.We have made meticulous packaging, can be directly given to friends as birthday gifts.The package includes 2 survival bracelets, in the same packaging bag
- 🏆【Fashionable Charm】 Oadnfa stainless steel U-shaped shackle paracord bracelet,is a combination of fashion and quality.You don't seem to need to pay special attention to its function,just wear it on your hand to enhance your charm.
- 🏆【Adapt to Variety Environments】This survival bracelet is made of 550 ropes,snare cords,fishing lines and waxed jute.It is woven with trilobites.The length of the umbrella cord is 12 feet after disassembly.The buckle can be used in emergency situations.Withstand up to 1,650 pounds of static force.
- 🏆【3 Holes Adjustable】The U-shaped shackle with 3 adjustable positions allows further fine-tuning to obtain a comfortable wearing experience,and the width of the wearing diameter is allowed to be adjusted between 2.5" to 3.2"(Bracelet length:9.84 inches).Reminder : Please make sure it fits your wrist.
- 🏆【Tough and Durable】Oadnfa outdoors survival bracelets are made of high-quality stainless steel and polyester.They are detachable to perform multiple tasks in emergency situations.They are favored for their higher durability and better wet performance.
- 🏆【Focus on Experience】Our bracelets are ideal gifts for men and women in service or to pay tribute to loved ones.If you have any questions about our products,Allow to contact us at any time.If you are not satisfied with our products,allow returns or exchange. Tip: returns and exchange service is limited to all purchases made from OadnfaDirect.
- 6-IN-1 SURVIVAL TOOL: A2S LEDway is a complete paracord EDC survival bracelet that includes: High-Quality Compass, LED SOS Emergency Function Flashlight, Flint Fire Starter Fire Scrapper. Emergency Whistle creates noise levels of up to 110db. Comes with a useful leaflet with instructions, survival tips & ideas. Emergency Kit and Disaster Preparedness Kit for your entire family.
- SIZES THAT FITS EVERYBODY: For Men Women Teens we provide Adjustable size that fits all wrist sizes between 8 - 9,5 inches. Please check the size instruction image, measure your wrist & be sure that the size suits you before ordering. Please notice both bracelets in each set are the same size.
- UNMATCHED POWER & VERSATILITY yet FASHIONABLE & FUNCTIONAL: Wide Range of Colors, made of ultra-strong, military-grade 550 Parachute Cord, buckle with built-in Compass, Fire-Starter & Whistle, Survival LED light. Emergency gear necessary for everyone.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMFORTABLE DESIGN: Make the A2S Paracord Bracelet an indispensable survival accessory for any camping, fishing, hiking or hunting trip. MAGNESIA ROD (Flint Fire Starter) gives you a secure solution when lighting a fire is a matter of an emergency. Rub the rod to the to get spark and fire under any weather conditions. Please check the fire starter instructions image
- TESTED FOR EXCELLENCE: Has been tried & tested to a minimum breaking point of 550lbs/250kg. Deploy your 12 FEET OF PARACORD in any situation where an extremely strong rope or cordage is needed. Use it as a trap, make a shelter, or use one of the finer SEVEN INNER STRANDS as FIRE TINDER; FISHING LINE or SEWING STRIN
Survival Bracelet Buyer’s Guide
Survivalists need to prepare for any SHTF situation. Whether it’s navigating a rescue or leading an expedition, there are a thousand things that can go wrong. You need to rely on your kit to deliver the solutions you need to problems you encounter along the way.
Your gear can mean the difference between life and death in a crunch situation. Prepping your survival equipment doesn’t mean you need to spend thousands on the latest hi-tech equipment—some of the most useful and essential ger costs next to nothing.
A survival bracelet is a handy piece of gear to have on your person. It’s a preventative measure and part of your EDC because you never know when you’re going to need it.
Sure, if you’re heading out into unforgiving terrain, then you can pack your bracelet ahead of time, but if you’re out in the field, and you need to manage your EDC carry, taking a survival bracelet with you is a no-brainer.
A survival bracelet can come in handy in various situations, and you’ll wish you had one when the time arises. Fortunately, this piece of kit is a relatively straightforward design, and it comes with an affordable price tag, even for premium models.
Now that you have an idea of the short-list candidates for the best survival bracelet, it’s time to start narrowing down your choices to find the model that best suits your needs. In this buyer’s guide section, we’ll look at the best features of a survival bracelet. We’ll give you everything you need to know to choose the right model for your needs.
How Do I Carry My Survival Bracelet?
Let’s start this article by looking at how you’re going to carry the bracelet.
Paracord is an indispensable survival tool with plenty of uses, and the more you have of it, the better. Since that’s the case, you have two options when choosing how you carry your survival bracelet.
The first option is carrying it on your wrist. A wrist carry is convenient, and it keeps the bracelet on hand for emergencies. If you experience a puncture wound and start bleeding, you need your bracelet on hand to strip the cord for a tourniquet. Rummaging through your bag in this situation could end up costing you your life.
The second carry option is on your day pack. Carrying the bracelet this way allowed you to get the biggest size possible. As a result, you end up with plenty of paracords if things go wrong. However, carrying on your pack increases the risk of loss. It also reduces the speed of getting to your equipment, as outlined in the example above.
You need to decide which way you want to carry your survival bracelet and what type of functionality you need for the kit.
Sizing Your Survival Bracelet to Your Wrist
When choosing to wear your survival bracelet on your wrist, you need to buy the right size. Some people have smaller wrists than others, and it varies depending on your genetics.
Some models come with an adjustable strap, while others require you to purchase the right size to match your wrist.
What are the functions of a Survival Bracelet?
There are plenty of ways to use your bracelet in a survivalist situation. Some of the common applications for survival bracelets include the following.
- Compass– find your way when lost in the wilderness. Your survival bracelet’s compass is accurate and compact, providing you with a directional device to get you back to camp.
- Knife blade – This feature is suitable for enhancing your EDC. You get a blade for self-defense situations and a paracord that acts as a tourniquet. Look for models with different knife blades to suit your needs. Hawkbills are a great choice for self-defense, while double-edge straight blades are a good cross-utility tool.
- LED Light – An LED light is a handy item to have on your wrist when it’s dark out, and you’re far from camp.
- Emergency Whistle – If you get lost or need to attract the rescue teams’ attention while searching for your location.
- Fire-steel and striking blade – A handy tool for making a fire in the wilderness. Fire is a critical component of bushcraft, and having convenient access to a spark can save you in a life-threatening situation.
- Paracord – Paracord is one of the key features of any survival bracelet. You need a model with 330lb to 550lb paracord for high tensile strength. Most brands of military-grade paracord come with seven different gauges of materials inside the cord. Depending on your need, you might need different cords for various survivalist tasks.
There are a bunch of functions for paracord in survival situations, including the following.
- Tie up your loose gear and remove food from the ground with a pully line
- Use threads for sewing materials or stitching wounds
- Use it as a tourniquet to stop bleeding
- Open the strands of paracord to get a fishing line
- Hang a washing line
- Create tripwires around your campsite to alert you of intruders
- Mockup areas and distances
- Use it as a support for shelter
What are the Features to Look for in Survival Bracelets?
When selecting your survival bracelet, there are a couple of things to think about before settling on your preferred design. Consider these factors when reviewing your top picks.
Check on the Functionality
What functionality do you get with the bracelet? How do you intend to use the bracelet? These questions are important for settling on the right design and style for your survivalist needs. For example, if you’re a military contractor looking for a fully-functional bracelet, look for models that offer compasses and other survival options.
However, if you’re an EDC enthusiast looking for something to add to your urban carry, items like compasses might not offer any value. Instead, you might want the addition of a self-defense weapon like a knife blade. Styling might also be a concern, as are the quality and look of the paracord materials.
Choose the design that caters to your needs, and make sure you know what you’re looking at. There’s nothing wrong with picking up a few different bracelets to suit various applications. Get one bracelet for survival situations, and another for EDC carry.
Other Factors to Consider in Selecting Your Survival Bracelet
- Lightweight Design – A lightweight design is important for your survival bracelet. Fortunately, most models come with paracord construction and plastic clips, providing a light feel to your kit.
- High-quality materials – Look for models featuring high-quality materials. The paracord in your bracelet should support 330lbs to 550lbs, depending on the model. Some paracord weaving designs allow for longer stretches of cord and a premium look to the bracelet.
- Clip Design – The clip is an important consideration. In survival situations, your team might need to pull you out of harm’s way. The survival bracelet acts as a drag-handle, helping them pull you to safety. However, you might not need this functionality if you’re just going on a camping trip. In this case, a lightweight plastic clip would be the ideal choice.
- EDC or Survival? – When selecting your ideal survival bracelet, you have the option of going with a survivalist look and features or an EDC carry. Why not pick up one of each to suit your lifestyle needs?
How Much Should I Pay for a Survival Bracelet?
After selecting your ideal survival bracelet, it’s time to check out. The bracelet’s price will vary depending on the manufacturer, the materials, and the type of functionality or features included with the bracelet design.
You can expect to pay around $6 on the market’s low-end and up to $30 for premium models. The average price for a survival bracelet is approximately $10. As mentioned, this piece of kit is not expensive. You have the option of picking up a few different types to see which style you enjoy for survival conditions or EDC.
Let your budget guide your decision. Consider splashing out a dollar or two more for a high-quality design that gives you a longer service life.
Do the Color and Design Matter?
Some models come with only one color option for the bracelet., that might be frustrating for some survivalists.
It’s a trend in survivalist to ensure you buy gear that doesn’t have a tactical look. Therefore, something like the Welltop model might not be the best choice. This bracelet only comes in camo-green, with a distinctive tactical look.
However, some people might embrace the tactical look and want something that has a military-style design. Choosing the right model depends on your needs and what you want from the bracelet. Some models come in multiple colors, with up to 10 or more to choose from when picking out your bracelet.
How Long will My Survival Bracelet Last?
That depends on your situation. If you go on a trip, you might have to use it right away in an emergency. If that’s the case, remember to salvage any paracord and the clip of your bracelet. You might be able to refurbish the bracelet later with new materials.
However, in most cases, you’ll end up buying a new bracelet to replace the old one. It’s for this reason that survival bracelets are so affordable. They’re a piece of kit with a replaceable design. Some EDC models come with a premium design, and it might break your heart to have to cut it up and use the paracord as a tourniquet.
Choose the bracelet that meets your needs, and set a budget before you start shopping. You’ll deeply regret going over your budget if you must tear apart your bracelet to get to the paracord in an emergency.
Survival Bracelet FAQs
Why do soldiers wear paracord bracelets?
A paracord bracelet has a special meaning for soldiers. It’s a symbol that the teams all have each other’s back when out in the field. It’s a good luck charm that gives soldiers a sense of calm in hair-raising situations, reminding them that they’ll get back home safe.
Will my paracord bracelet shrink when I get it wet in the shower?
Typically, the paracord shrinks the first time it gets wet. You can expect the shrinkage to be anywhere up to 30%, depending on the bracelet manufacturer and the material quality. However, after the first wash, you can expect the paracord to retain its size and shape, with no further shrinkage.
Which is stronger – rope or paracord?
Paracord has a higher tensile strength than rope. The average paracord can support up to 550-lbs of weight. Considering it’s much thinner than a standard rope, it offers superior tensile strength for survival purposes.
Where is the best place to buy a paracord bracelet?
We recommend buying your survival bracelet from Amazon. This online retailer has the best selection, and they offer fast shipping to Prime members. If there are any defects with the bracelet, or you’re not satisfied with your purchase, you can benefit from Amazons buyer protection and returns policy.
Survival Bracelets – The Verdict
By now, you should have a good idea of the best survival bracelet to suit your needs. There are plenty of choices in this review, and we understand that you might be having a hard time settling on your favorite model. If that’s the case, let us help you get off the fence. Choose one of our top picks, and start preparing for your trip.
The Welltop Paracord Survival Bracelet is a great choice and the winner of the best overall survival bracelet in this review.
You get 8-in-1 functionality with this bracelet, including items like a fire-steel included in the strap buckle, and a paracord strap. This model is a top choice, but it only comes in a camo green color. This color scheme gives it a tactical look, with plenty of versatility for your survival needs.
The Outdoor Edge ParaClaw Paracord Survival Bracelet is another great option for survivalists and EDC enthusiasts. This survival bracelet features a clip-sheath for a hawkbill blade.
This multi-functional survival bracelet gives you an 8CR13MoV stainless steel blade, featuring a coated blade surface for friction-free cutting. The bracelet includes a paracord strap for emergencies and a high-quality design that makes it the best premium option in this review.
The RNS STAR Paracord Survival Bracelet offers survivalists the best value deal in this review. With this survival bracelet, you get a 5-in-1 survival system including a fire-steel, paracord strap, compass, emergency whistle, and a sawtooth knife. This bracelet is affordable, and there’s no reason you can’t add this bracelet to your survival gear.