If you’re on the market for tactical pants, you are going to find that there is an endless array of options to choose from. If you’ve never purchased a pair of these specialty pants before, shopping may feel a little overwhelming.
What type of features should you look for? How do you know which pair will best suit your needs? Have no fear, because we’re here to help! To help make your quest for finding the best pair of tactical pants, we’ve done some exhaustive research and compared dozens of tactical pants. After our research, we narrowed down the choices the eight best tactical pants currently available on the market.
Below, you’ll find reviews of our top eight picks, as well as a buyer’s guide that highlights some key factors that you should take into consideration to help you select the right pair of tactical pants for you. Additionally, we’ve included answers to the questions that consumers frequently ask about these multi-purpose utility pants.
Top 3 Picks
- 1 Top 3 Picks
- 2 Tactical Pants Reviews
- 2.1 Free Soldier Tactical Combat Pants
- 2.2 5.11 Tactical Men’s Stryke Operator Uniform Pants
- 2.3 LA Police Gear Men’s Urban Ops Tactical Cargo Pants
- 2.4 Caterpillar Men’s Trademark Pants
- 2.5 Tru-Spec 24-7 Tactical Pants for Men
- 2.6 Under Armour Men’s Tactical Patrol Pants li
- 2.7 Propper Men’s Lightweight Tactical Pant
- 2.8 Blackhawk Men’s Pursuit Tactical Pants
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Tactical Pants Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Tactical Pants FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
Before we discuss our eight picks for the best tactical pants, we wanted to spotlight the top three options for best overall, best premium, and best budget options.
Best Overall: Free Soldier Men’s Tactical Combat Pants
- Material - 35% Cotton and 65% Ripstop Polyester fabric with Great Water Repellent treatment keep you dry all day long. DuPont TEFLON Coating repel the stains, liquids and soil. This work pants for men feature breathable, scratch-resistant, wear-resisting, water resistant, durable, anti-wrinkle, anti-fading, comfortable and flexible.
- Multi-Pockets - This mens tactical pants up to 10+ pockets for store various equipment. 2 front Slant Pockets, 2 large Hook&Loop Pockets and 2 hip Flap Hook&Loop Pockets, it's convenient for carrying phone, wallet and other daily necessities, safe and reliable, 2 military EDC Pockets on each side of the thigh perfect for a tactical pen. No matter outdoor adventure, working, hiking or combat, this pant is built for versatility and extra storage.
- Ergonomic Design - The articulating knees are designed with 12 pleats to improves the comfort and flexibility of the knee at wide range of movement and enhance the wear resistance and scratch-resistant of the knee. The tactical waterproof pants men are ergonomically designed, hips and legs with 3D tailoring, fits better and make your body feel free.
- Upgrade Details - Partial Elastic at waist with widen belt loop for extra comfort. YKK Zipper closure, much practical and effectively avoid the embarrassment. Duraflex D-ring, can hang keys chain and tactical accessories on the Free Soldier pants.
- FREE SOLDIER waterproof pants mens apply to heavy duty operating, tactical, cycling, motorcycle, military, combat, hunting, fishing, climbing, hiking, working, outdoor adventure etc.
Our pick for the best tactical pants overall is Free Soldier’s Relaxed Fit Tactical Combat Arm Cargo Pants. Made of a blend of 35 percent cotton and 65 percent ripstop polyester, these pants are treated with premium-quality DuPont Teflon water repellent coating, which repels liquids, stains, and soils, that will keep you dry in the dampest environments.
Best Premium Pick: 5.11 Tactical Men’s Stryke Operator Uniform Pants
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL - Constructed using premium patent-pending two-way Flex-Tac mechanical stretch fabric, this pair of pants is sturdy and flexible to ensure maximum performance in the field.
- TEFLON-TREATED FABRIC - Coated with Teflon, these pants have a protective finish that resists stain, soil, and moisture without compromising breathability. The coating also makes it easier to clean this garment!
- FULLY GUSSETED CONSTRUCTION - Featuring a gusseted inseam and a fitted appearance, this pair of pants offers optimum flexibility and a comfortable fit to eliminate your worries about rips and tears.
- SPECIALIZED POCKETS - Specially designed for professionals on the go, this pair of pants has 12 pockets including double-deep cargo pockets to provide ample storage and easy access to all your mission-critical gear.
- TRUSTED BRAND - Developed with quality in mind, 5.11 Styke Pants are available in 12 colors; TDU Green, Charcoal, Black, Khaki, Stone, Storm, Battle Brown, Burnt, Coyote, Ranger Green, Tundra, and Dark Navy-Blue.
If you’re on the market for a pair of high-end tactical pants, the 5.11 Tactical Men’s Stryke Operator Uniform Pants are a great choice. Comprised of 65 percent polyester and 35 percent cotton mechanical stretch Flex-Tac ripstop fabric with a Teflon finish, these pants can repel all types of liquid and stains and are highly durable and breathable.
Best Budget Pick: LA Police Gear Men’s Urban Ops Tactical Cargo Pants
If you’re looking for a high-quality pair of tactical pants that won’t break the budget, consider the LA Police Gear Men’s Urban Ops Tactical Cargo Pants. They’re also made of a blend of 65 percent polyester and 35 percent cotton Rip-Stop fabric, but they’re more affordably priced.
Tactical Pants Reviews
Now that you have read through a brief review of our top picks for the best overall, best premium, and best budget tactical pants, let’s take a more in-depth look at each option – as well as five additional high-end options, too.
Below, you’ll learn more about three pairs of pants that we’ve already mentioned and learn about five more pairs of tactical pants that provide exceptional comfort and durability.
Free Soldier Tactical Combat PantsFree Soldier’s Men’s Water Resistant Tactical Combat Pants are our pick for the best overall tactical pants, and for good reason: they offer everything that you could possibly want in a pair of tactical pants – comfort, durability, reliability, and convenience – all at an affordable price.
These pants are made up of 35 percent cotton and 65 percent Ripstop polyester, which is treated with a DuPoint Teflon Coating. The materials combined with the Teflon make these pants durable, yet lightweight and breathable, as well as water-, scratch-, fade-, and wrinkle-resistant.
Featuring more than 10 built-in pockets, including 2 front slant, 2 large hook-and-loop, 2 hip flap hook-and-loop, and 2 military EDC on the thighs, you’ll be able to keep all of your gear just a reach away.
Articulating knees and 3D tailoring with 12 pleats add to the comfort of the pants and allow for easy movement. A partial elastic waistband and wide belt loops further enhance the comfort and a Duraflex D-ring can be used to attach keys and any tactical accessories that you may need to keep nearby.
These Free Soldier tactical pants are available in a wide range of sizes and several colors, including black, brown, gray, moss green, dark camo, and khaki, you’ll be able to take on whatever task comes your way with ease, including cycling, biking, hiking, combat, hunting, fishing, and so much more.
- Made of 35 percent cotton and 65 percent Ripstop polyester
- DuPont Teflon water- and stain-resistant coating
- Won’t fade or wrinkle
- Features more than 10 pockets
- Articulating knee with 12 pleats and partial elastic waistband for enhanced flexibility and comfort
- Available in several sizes and colors
- Affordably priced
- A few wearers said that the pockets were a bit difficult to access
5.11 Tactical Men’s Stryke Operator Uniform Pants
For shoppers who are looking for high-end tactical pants and have a bit of room in their budgets to spare, the 5.11 Tactical Men’s Stryke Operator Uniform Pants with Flex-Tac Mechanical Stretch are definitely an option that we would recommend considering.
Made of 65 percent Ripstop mechanical stretch Flex-Tac polyester and 35 percent cotton, they’re lightweight, breathable, and extremely durable. The fabric is treated with a Teflon coating, too, to prevent moisture penetration.
The gusseted construction further adds to the comfort and the 12 pockets, which includes front pockets that are specifically designed to hold EDC items and double-deep cargo pockets, you’ll have plenty of space to keep those essentials close at hand.
Articulated knees and bar-tacking at all major stress points ensure that the pants won’t give out on you. YKK zippers and Pyrm snaps ensure easy closure and a self-adjusting tunnel waistband with Flex-Tac mechanical stretch offers long-lasting durability and high-performance functionality.
Available in an assortment of sizes and several color options, from light khaki to dark charcoal, you’ll be able to purchase the perfect color to suit your uniform or style preference.
- Made of 35 percent cotton and 65 percent Ripstop Flex-Tac polyester
- Treated with a Teflon coating
- 12 pockets, including EDC customized and double-deep cargo pockets
- Articulated knees and bar-tacking at key stress points ensure durability
- Gusseted construction and self-adjusting tunnel waistband with Flex-Tac mechanical stretch for superior durability
- Available in a wide range of sizes and colors
- They’re a bit pricey and may be cost-prohibitive for some
- A few wearers said that they felt stiff
LA Police Gear Men’s Urban Ops Tactical Cargo Pants
For the budget-conscious shopper, the LA Police Gear Men’s Urban Ops Tactical Cargo Pants are an excellent choice. Like most tactical pants, they’re made of a blend of 65 percent polyester and 35 percent cotton Rip-Stop fabric.
Articulated knees and a gusseted crotch ensure durability and easy movement, while the elastic waistband provides superior comfort. Multiple pockets, including a front slip pocket that can easily accommodate a cell phone, an AR-15 magazine, or a knife, and large slanted seated pockets for easy access, provide plenty of storage space.
With 22 individual barktacks at the key stress points, these pants are built to last. There are also a total of 6 belt loops that can accommodate belts that measure up to 2 inches. The LA Police Gear tactical pants are also available in several sizes and colors, including black, sierra, navy, khaki, charcoal, coyote brown, old green, boulder, and gray, ensure that you have plenty of options to choose from.
These durable, lightweight, and comfortable tactical pants are also extremely affordable.
- Made of 65 percent polyester and 35 percent cotton Riptop fabric
- Multiple pockets for easy storage
- Articulating knees and gusseted crotch allow for easy movement
- Elastic waist provides great comfort
- 22 individual bartacks for increased durability
- Available in an assortment of sizes and colors
- Affordably priced
- Sizes seem to run small
Caterpillar Men’s Trademark Pants
The Caterpillar brand is famous for producing high-quality products, from heavy-duty equipment and parts to power systems and attachments, so you know that just like the rest of the products they make, their tactical pants are high-quality, too.These poly-cotton blend (40/60) pants are specifically designed with comfort and durability in mind. The reinforced Oxford double layered knees are so tough that it’s virtually impossible to tear through them, and they feature a top loading knee pad opening, so you can easily add protection extra protection if you need to.
Featuring plenty of built-in pockets, including multi-purpose tool pockets on the front and back of the pants, as well as a carpenter loop at the thigh, you can stow just about any tool or accessory that you need right on your person.
The 20 inch leg openings are wide enough to ensure you can move about with ease and fit the pants over boots, and they are outfitted with scuff guards for added strength. Made in a wide variety of colors, including natural hues, like a dark earth/black and a gray/black combo, and orange/black and yellow/black for high visibility, these tactical pants from Caterpillar are ideal for just about any activity or job, including hiking, biking, trekking, emergency services work, roadwork, and so much more.
- Made of high-end poly-cotton
- Features Oxford double layers knees with top loading knee pad openings
- Plenty of pockets, including a multi-purpose tool pocket on the front and back
- Carpenter loop at the thigh
- 20 inch leg openings with scuff guards can easily fit over boots
- Machine washable
- Extremely durable, yet lightweight, breathable, and comfortable
- Available in an assortment of sizes
- Numerous color options, including muted tones and high-visibility colors, such as orange and yellow
- Buttons may be a weak point
Tru-Spec 24-7 Tactical Pants for Men
Comprised of ripstop poly-cotton material, just like the other high-quality tactical pants that we’ve featured on our list so far, the Tru-Spec 24-7 Tactical Pants for Men are lightweight and breathable, yet durable and reliable.
With an adjustable slider waistband, there’s no need for gathered elastic or slide tabs like other tactical pants feature, and they’ll easily accommodate both interior or paddle-style holsters.
These tactical pants are packed with pockets, including deep front, dual deep cargo, dual expandable back pockets, and even extra hidden pockets so you can keep your weapons concealed and stow any tools that you may need at just an arm’s reach away.
Treated with high-end water repellant technology, these pants won’t absorb moisture, so you’ll be able to remain dry while you’re working or adventuring. The knees are double reinforced and feature built-in pockets for knee pads, so you can add extra protection if you need to.
Like all of the tactical pants we’ve featured so far, the Tru-Spec 24-7 are available in a large assortment of sizes and 13 colors, ranging from multi-camo to neutral greens and browns.
- Made of Ripstop poly-cotton fabric
- Treated with high-end water repellent
- Lightweight and breathable, yet durable and reliable
- Double reinforced knees with built-in knee pad pockets
- Numerous pockets, including hidden pockets to keep items concealed
- Available in a variety of sizes and 13 color options
- A few users said that the legs weren’t as wide as they would have liked them to be
Under Armour Men’s Tactical Patrol Pants li
Under Armour is famous for their high-end performance gear, and their Patrol tactical pants are no exception. Unlike the other tactical pants that have been mentioned so far, these are made of 100 percent polyester, which may seem like the pants would get hot, but they are actually breathable.
Treated with revolutionary UA Storm Technology, these pants repel all types of moisture with ease, so you don’t have to worry about getting even the slightest bit damp while you’re working or exploring. They’re also treated with an anti-odor technology, which prevents the pants from harboring and growing odor-causing microbes.
A stretch-engineered waistband provides ensures mobility and provides exceptional comfort. The reinforced knees and crotch are highly durable, so you can go about your business without having to worry about the risk of tearing your pants.
Offset belt loops ensure proper placement of a holster and the dual deep cargo pockets and internal mag holders allow you to keep your gear and accessories close at hand. With a straight leg design and 7 neutral color options, these pants are as stylish as they are comfortable, durable, and reliable.
- Made of 100 percent Ripstop polyester
- Treated with UA Storm Technology for exceptional moisture resistance
- Anti-odor technology prevents the pants from harboring odor-causing microbes
- Stretch-engineered waistband ensures comfort and mobility
- Reinforced knees and crotch provide exceptional durability
- Lightweight and breathable
- Available in several sizes and 7 neutral colors
- Some wearers said that the pants were stiff
Propper Men’s Lightweight Tactical PantThe Propper Men’s Lightweight Tactical Pant is made of – you guessed it – poly-cotton blend fabric for reliable durability, breathability, and comfort. Treated with a Teflon fabric protector, these pants repel all types of liquids and stains.
The fabric is fade-, wrinkle-, and shrink-resistant, so you can just grab them out of the dryer and toss them on without having to worry if they’ll look good. The reinforced knees and seam ensure long-lasting wear and with a total of 9 pockets, you’ll have plenty of space to store all of your EDC gear.
The action-stretch waistband moves with you to ensure your comfort and knee pad openings allow you to add extra protection if you need to. These tactical pants are NTOA member tested and approved, come in an assortment of sizes, and a total of 13 neutral color options.
They’re also quite stylish, so you can wear them to work, on adventures, or out and about and will always look put-together.
- Made of high-end poly-cotton fabric
- Treated with Teflon moisture- and stain-resistant fabric protector
- Features ample pockets for all of your EDC gear
- NTOA member tested and approved
- Reinforced knee and crotch provides added durability
- Built-in knee pad pockets
- Super lightweight
- Stretch waistband for added comfort
- Available in a variety of colors and sizes
- A few users said that they felt like they were too lightweight
Blackhawk Men’s Pursuit Tactical Pants
Last on our list of the best tactical pants are Blackhawk’s Pursuit. These pants are made of the Ripstop fabric that all well-made tactical pants are made of and are treated with a Teflon protectant to repel water, oil, and stains.
If they do get wet, they dry fast. With a total of 8 multi-purpose pockets, including cargo pockets that contain 3 AR magazine compartments, you won’t have any trouble finding space to store your must-have essentials.
Double front belt loops are perfect for holding clips or badges, and the action waistband and gusseted crotch provides exceptional comfort. Reinforced knees with interior pockets for knee pads round out the features that the Blackhawk Men’s Pursuit Tactical Pants offer.
They’re available in multiple sizes and four color options, which may not be quite as many as some of the other pants that are featured on our list, but the four colors that are offered are classic and include black, stone, fatigue, and navy.
- Made of premium-quality Ripstop fabric
- Treated with Teflon protectant to repel moisture and stains
- Fast drying
- Features 8 multi-purpose pockets, including cargo pockets with 3 AR magazine compartments
- Action waistband provides increased comfort
- Gusseted crotch and reinforced knees for increased durability
- Interior pockets for knee pads
- Available in an assortment of sizes
- Stylish design
- Some users said that the fit was too tight
Other Best Selling Options
- CQR tactical pants are constructed with a hint of military and law enforcement performance design.
- High-strength High-density metal alloy button and zipper along with a durable mounted stopper
- Exclusive Tactical Belt Sold Separately*
- Duratex Fabric repels liquids, dirt, and other contaminants.
- Mix of Polyester & Cotton Rip-stop fabric materials
- CLASSIC WORKWEAR: This moisture-wicking pant sits below the waist and has a slim fit through the seat and thigh with a tapered leg. It's made with a wrinkle-resistant poly/cotton twill fabric blend with a stain-release finish for enhanced durability.
- STURDY FUNCTIONALITY: Our most popular slim work pant features tunnel belt loops, a hook-&-eye waist closure with heavy-duty brass ratcheting zipper, side seam front pockets & back welt pockets for flap-free contour, plus a multi-use cell phone pocket
- QUALITY & COMFORT: Our pants are made with quality, comfort & value in mind. Our workwear products have distinctive designs with attention to detail on every garment, including easy care wrinkle resistant fabrics, roomy pockets & sturdy zippers & buttons
- TRUSTED NAME: The world's leading performance workwear brand, Dickies has been making quality workwear & apparel since 1922. All Dickies clothing offers superior craftsmanship & unmatched value to deliver classic style & long-lasting comfort every day.
- We make jeans, outerwear, school & work uniforms, sports shirts, kids wear, hats, socks, underwear, boots, gloves, belts, eyewear, backpacks, bags & much more.
- 1.MATERIAL: Made of 50% cotton and 50% polyester with a 4-way stretch-woven accents ripstop clothing , Teflon coating, YKK zipper, military level elastic, velcro and thread, Strong stretchable clothing around knee and hip and crotch, which makes it very comfortable and durable.
- 2.FEATURES: a) It is a NEW design IDOGEAR G3 combat pants .b) Come with the removable combat knee pads and concealed elbow pads.c) Unique low-profile waist adjust system and knee pad height adjust system makes it very professional and functional. d) Size adjustment at the back of waist, knee and ankle position e) Up to 10 different size pockets, large carrying capacity. f) Zip fly with velcro closure, 2 hip pocket with zipper closure.
- 3.SPECIFICATION: a) It’s in European regular size, a little smaller than US size, please refer to our size chart from the last photo before ordering. b) 5 sizes for your choice: S（30W/31L),M(32W/32L), L(34W/32L), XL(36W/33L), XXL(38W/33L). c)Color: MultiCam Camouflage,MultiCam Black.
- 4.USAGE: Perfect for airsoft, paintball, hunting, shooting, wargame, daily wear, training ...
- 5.PACKAGE INCLUDE: pants x 1 ( the boots and belt are not included)
- NEW VERSION: Made of new 50% cotton and 50% polyester with a 4-way stretch-woven accents ripstop clothing , Teflon coating, YKK zipper, military level elastic and thread, STRONG and GOOD PERFORMANCE stretchable clothing around knee and hip and crotch, which makes it very comfortable and durable.
- A PROFESSIONAL ARMY COMBAT PANTS: a) Come with a set of removable combat knee pads, when not using knee pads, just install the Built-in flap covers kneecap. b) Unique low-profile waist adjust system and knee pad height adjust system makes it very functional. And also with size adjustment at the back of waist, knee and ankle position.
- c) Up to 10 different size pockets, large carrying capacity. Unique pocket design looks flat from the front, but bellowed side gusset expands to provide secure storage for your duty gear. Rear-zip pockets, Larger front thigh pockets. d) YKK zipper, smooth and reliable. Teflon coating on rip-stop fabric , breathable and water resistant.
- ABOUT SIZE: a) It’s in European regular size, about ONE SIZE SMALLER THAN US SIZE, please refer to our size chart in details from the last photo before ordering. WHAT USE FOR: Perfect for airsoft, paintball, hunting, shooting, wargame, daily wear, training ..
- AFTER-SALES GUARANTY: offer 45 days non-reason return back guaranty, 24 hours professional amazon sales team service, happy shopping. WHAT WILL GET: Pants x 1. (not including the boots, belt, gloves)
- MATERIAL: 35% Cotton/65% Polyester
- FEATURES: DuPont teflon fabric make the tactical pants for men effectively repels stains and liquids. Fade, shrink and wrinkle-resistant. Fitness, scratch-resistant, wear-resistant and durable.
- FUNCTIONAL POCKETS: Tactical waterproof pants for men, up to 11 Multi-purpose cargo pockets (2 front slash pockets, 2 front thigh pockets with hook & loop and 1 concealed pocket, 2 back hip pockets, 2 back thigh pockets with hook & loop, 2 back shank pockets with hook & loop) for carring various tools and equipment.
- DESIGN: Strengthened knees part and 3D tailoring, make these hiking pants men wear-resisting and flexibility increased. MOLLE system and hanging loop, can hang the tools easily. Safe hook & loop design. YKK Zipper fly closure.
- SUITABLE: FREE SOLDIER Tactical Pants Men perfect for outdoor, four seasons, duty work, tactical, hunting, daily life, casual, military, climbing, hiking, camping, etc.
Tactical Pants Buyer’s Guide
Whether you’re hitting the Pacific Crest Trail or scaling Cascade Mountain in the Appalachians, you work in landscaping or are an emergency service provider, or are doing anything else that involves a lot of activity, you know how important wearing the right type of clothing is.
When it comes to your pants, you need something that’s durable, yet lightweight, easy to move in, and can keep you protected from the wind, rain, and any other elements that Mother Nature (or the project you’re doing) might throw your way. Tactical pants are the perfect choice.
Similar to cargo pants but with a few notable modifications, tactical pants were initially worn by mountain climbers (hence why they’re such a great choice if you, yourself, are planning on climbing a mountain), their uses have become so varied that now they are available in a wide range of styles and designs.
Made of lightweight materials (usually a cotton-poly blend), these pants feature large belt loops, external pockets, and reinforced knees – among a variety of other features. In other words, tactical pants offer plenty of storage space and can keep you protected from the elements; hence why they’ve become so popular for so many different activities.
Now that you’ve read through our reviews of the eight best tactical pants on the market, you’re probably wondering how to decide which option will best suit your needs. Whether you’re wearing them for hiking, biking, trekking, construction work, emergency services work, or any other type of activity, you want to be sure that the tactical pants that you choose will meet your specific needs.
They need to be comfortable, yet durable and reliable. Before you shop, take a look at some of the key factors that you should take into consideration to narrow down the options and pick the right pair of pants for you.
Fabric is one of the most important factors that you’re going to want to take into consideration when you’re purchasing a pair of tactical pants. Why? – Because the fabric has a direct impact on the durability of the pants, as well as the comfort.
As you probably noticed from the above-mentioned reviews, most tactical pants are made of a blend of Ripstop polyester and cotton; typically, the percentage of polyester is higher than the cotton.
That’s because polyester is more durable; however, it can also get hot, which is why cotton is also used because it increases the breathability of the pants. However, that’s not to say that all tactical pants are made of a poly-cotton blend. Some are made of 100 percent polyester, which would be better suited if you’re going to be wearing the pants in cold environments, as this material will keep you warmer.
Another key feature to consider is the pockets that the pants feature. Some tactical pants are equipped with an assortment of various types of pockets, while others are made with just a few. The amount of pockets depends on how much you want to be able to move, as more and larger pockets may restrict movement.
If you’re going to be wearing the pants for mountain climbing, for example, then you might want to consider a pair that features just a few key pockets that have a flat design, as you’ll be able to move more freely; however, if you will be wearing them for work (EMS, construction, etc.) and you need to keep a variety of tools close at hand, then more pockets in a variety of shapes and sizes may be a better option for you.
If you’re going to be using the pants for various activities, then a pair that balances carrying capacity with movement would likely be the best option for you.
Tactical pants should be comfortable, and the design of the waist has a direct impact on their comfort level. Pants that feature a full elastic or semi-elastic waist will provide the most comfort, as the pants won’t constrict you and instead, they will be able to move with you.
Durability is another extremely important factor that should be taken into consideration when you’re purchasing a pair of tactical pants.
High-end fabrics certainly impact the durability of the pants; however, to further ensure the pants are strong enough to take on just about anything that comes there way without splitting, the best tactical pants have reinforced knees and a reinforced seat.
Just like a pair of jeans or work trousers, it’s important to purchase tactical pants that will fit you properly; in fact, the fit of your tactical pants is even more important than the fit of any other type of pants that you wear.
The reason being that you’re going to be active while you’re wearing them, and as such, you want to be sure that they are spacious, yet not too loose, and that the length is appropriate. Make sure you consider the sizing of the pants to ensure that they will fit you properly. For example, if they run small, you may want to purchase a larger size than you would normally wear, but if they run large, than you may want to buy a pair that run smaller than what you would usually wear.
Look for tactical pants that offer color options that will work for your needs. For example, if you are going to be wearing them in a hazardous environment, such as road construction, you may want to look for pants that come in high-visibility colors, and if you’re wearing them for hunting, pants that come in camo prints or neutral colors would likely best suit your needs.
Tactical Pants FAQs
In this section, you’ll find answers to some of the most common questions that consumers ask about tactical pants.
What are the benefits of tactical pants?
Tactical pants are made of high-end materials, are exceptionally durable, and are usually treated with special protectants that make the material moisture-resistant. They can also feature a variety of pockets to keep important gear close at hand, and they’re highly comfortable.
Who are tactical pants for?
Anyone can wear tactical pants; however, they’re intended for people who engage in activities that involve a lot of movement or that require a lot of tools. They’re kind of like the utility knife of pants. That said, tactical pants are often worn by first responders, hikers, bikers, cyclists, trekkers, construction workers, military, and hunters.
Is the color really important?
It depends. If you’re purchasing pants for a uniform or a certain task, then yes, the color is pretty important. For example, if you’re wearing them for hunting or military training, than camo or neutral-colored pants would be a better option than something brightly colored.
How many and what type of pockets do you need?
It really depends on what you’ll be doing while you’re wearing the pants. For instance, if you’re hunting, you may want a lot of deep pockets to keep your gear close at hand, while if you’re mountain climbing, fewer, more streamlined pockets may be a better bet.
If you’re on the market for a pair of tactical pants, one of the eight options featured in our review should certainly meet your needs; however, whether you opt for one of the options listed above or you choose something else, make sure you take the above-mentioned factors into consideration to help you choose the best tactical pants.