After dedicating a tremendous amount of time to researching numerous portable power supplies and reading through seemingly endless reviews from real users, we’ve narrowed down the choices to six of the highest quality, most reliable models currently available on the market.
Below, you’ll find detailed reviews of each of the models we selected, as well as a buyer’s guide that highlights key details that will help you choose the right option for your particular needs, and even answers to some of the questions campers most frequently ask about portable power supplies.
Once you’ve finished reading through this guide, you should be armed with enough information to select the right model to give you the juice you need when you’re in the backcountry and make your camping excursions more comfortable and successful.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Portable Power Station Reviews
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Portable Power Supply Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Portable Power Supply FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
The guide we’ve put together is quite comprehensive, so we understand if you don’t have the time to read through it all. With that in mind, we wanted to provide you with a brief overview of our top picks for the best portable power stations in three key categories: best overall, premium, and budget models.
- Best Overall: Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240
The very best portable power stations for camping provide plenty of power, numerous ports, and offer several charting options. Oh, and they’re also made to withstand the elements while being lightweight enough to be easily transported. The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240 fits all of those criteria, which is why it’s our pick for the best overall camping power station.
- Best Premium Pick: Maxoak Portable Power Station Bluetti
For campers who are on the market for a high-capacity power station that can run high-powered devices, yet is still eco-friendly and lightweight enough to easily transport, the Maxoak Portable Power Station Bluetti is an option that is definitely worth considering.
- Best Budget Pick: 50W Portable Power Station
If you’re looking for a portable generator for camping that’s reliable, environmentally friendly, and won’t break the bank, this 150W should meet your needs. This 167Wh generator delivers 45000mAh and can power up more than 42000mAh, which means it not only has a larger capacity, but it’s also more efficient.
Portable Power Station Reviews
Now that you’ve had a quick look at our top picks for the best overall, best premium, and best budget portable power supplies for camping, let’s take a closer look. Below, we offer a more detailed overview of each of the above-mentioned models, as well as three additional options that offer reliable portable power for your camping trips.
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240
First up is the Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 240. Lightweight, durably constructed, and providing enough plenty of juice to power up laptops, phones, cameras, fans, lights, and so much more, you’ll be able to enjoy the comforts of home while also enjoying the laidback lifestyle that you love camping for.
This generator is compact and lightweight, making it ideal for charging up at the campground, yet it’s powered by a 240 watt-hour lithium-ion battery, so it delivers plenty of power. No fuel of any kind is needed to run this generator, so you won’t have to deal with noxious fumes or loud noise.
- EASY TO CARRY: This entry-level portable power station is equipped with a 240Wh lithium-ion battery pack, weighing only at 6.6 pounds. The solid handle makes it easy to carry around for outdoor adventures such as Tent Camping, Road Trip, Backyard Camping, etc.
- VERSATILE POWER SOURCE: 1* Pure Sine Wave AC outlet (110V 200W 400W Peak), 2* USB-A ports (5V, 2.4A), and 1* 12V DC car port to charge your road trip essentials such as smartphones, laptops, cameras, fans, lights and so on. Pass-through charging is supported.
- GREEN POWER SUPPLY: The power station can be recharged by the Jackery SolarSaga 60 solar panel or SolarSaga 100 solar panel. Its built-in MPPT controller enables the solar panel to operate at its max power point for the power station to be recharged at its highest efficiency. TWO alternative ways to recharge: through the wall outlet or the car outlet.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 240 portable power station, 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide.
The convenient LCD screen makes it easy to monitor how much power it has left and when it’s time to recharge, you can either plug it into a standard wall outlet, a car port, or attach a 60W/100W solar panel and let it soak up the sun. With 1 AC outlet, 2 USB-A ports, and 1 DC car port, you’ll have a plug for all your gadgets and gizmos on your outdoor adventures.
It’s durably constructed, too, so you can rest easy knowing that it will be able to withstand the camping environment.
- Durably constructed
- Compact, lightweight, and easy to transport
- Powered by a 240Wh lithium ion battery
- 200 wattage output
- Clean, green energy
- Features an assortment of outlets for all your devices
- Multiple charging methods
- Relatively affordable
- While it’s durably constructed, it isn’t waterproof
Maxoak Portable Power Station Bluetti
The Bluettie from Maxoak is our pick for the best premium power station and for good reason – it offers a pretty impressive amount of power for a portable non-gas operated generator. With 15000 watts hours and 1000 max watts, it’s one of the most powerful and longest lasting Lithium power stations on the market.
In fact, it’s specifically designed for high-power appliances and devices, such as blenders, hair dryers, televisions, mini fridges and vacuums, fans, and of course, various types of gadgets, such as phones, tablets, and computers. Featuring 2 AC, 1 DC 12V, 1 PD type-C, and 4 5V3A USB outlets, with this generator, you’ll have the portable power you need to run all of those creature comforts at the campground.
Thanks to the multiple built-in safeguards, like a battery management system that prevents overvoltage, overcurrent, short-circuits, and a temperature control, you’ll rest easy knowing that you won’t have to worry about potential risks that are often associated with portable power stations.
An LCD screen makes it easy to keep tabs on how much power you have left and when it’s time to recharge, you can plug it into a standard wall outlet or attach a solar panel and let the sun juice it up for you. No matter how you power it up, when this generator is fully charged, it automatically shuts off.
Thanks to the massive 1500Wh capacity, you won’t have to worry about running out of power often, making this portable generator a great option for extended camping trips. It’s ruggedly built for rough handling and features a built-in handle for easy transport, too.
- Powered by a Lithium 1500 watt-hour battery for green, clean, and long-lasting power
- Specially designed for high-powered devices, including household appliances and technology
- Features multiple power outlets
- Two charging options: a standard wall outlet or solar panel
- Rugged construction
- Multiple safeguards for increased protection
- Easy to read LCD screen
- Automatically shuts off when fully charged
- Convenient carrying handle
- Backed by a 12 month warranty
- Comes with an AC wall charge, a PV solar charging cable, and a certificate of qualification
- Panel for solar charging has to be purchased separately
150W Portable Power Station
If you’re on the market for a reliable portable power station for camping but you don’t want to spend a fortune, the Aiper 150W is a great option. This 45000mAh 167Wh portable generator offers more capacity than the standard generator, which typically only provides 43000mAh, so it delivers more power capacity and will be able to power up your devices for a lot longer.
With 2 AC outlets, 3 DC and 2 USB ports, you’ll be able to charge up just about anything you could possibly need while you’re away from home, such as a laptop, GPS device, smart phones, a car refrigerator, a robot vacuum, lamp, holiday lights, and so much more. The compact design, light weight (just 3.25 pounds), and convenient carrying handle make it easy to transport and stow.
- VERSATILE OUTLETS CHARGE UP TO 9 DEVICES AT THE SAME TIME: Pushing 100 Rated Watts and 150 Peak Watts Through (2) 120V Household Outlets, (2) USB Ports, (1) Quick Charge USB Port, (1) USB-C Port, (3) 6mm 9-12V DC Outlets - Strong Enough to Easily Power a 36" LED TV, Box Fans, or Heated Blankets.Low voltage protection, short circuit protection, and overload protection protects the battery and connected devices to ensure peace of mind and reliability
- HOURS & HOURS OF POWER ON A SINGLE CHARGE: 155 Watt-Hours of Lithium-Ion Battery Capacity - Provides Long-Lasting Power That Charges Smartphones Up To 17 Times, Tablets Up to 9 Times, DSLR Cameras Up To 16 times, Drones Up To 23 Times - Delivers Hours of Power for a Nintendo Switch, Bluetooth Speakers, and GPS Systems
- SMALLEST, LIGHTEST PORTABLE POWER STATION IN ITS CLASS: At 3.75 lb. the iGen160s Is Lighter Than a Full 36 oz. Yeti Rambler and Smaller Than a Lunchbox - Backpack Ready Mini Generator With a Convenient Carrying Handle and Built-in Flashlight and Reading Lights - Perfect Compact Charging Station for Camping and Other Outdoor Activities
- CHARGES AT HOME, ON THE GO, OR IN THE FIELD: Charges to 80% in Less Than 6 Hours Using a Household Outlet or in Less Than 7 Hours in the Car or With a Solar Panel (Panel Not Included)
- ECO-FRIENDLY POWER GENERATOR: Reduce Your Carbon Footprint for More Sustainable Lifestyle - No Obnoxious Fumes, No Messy Maintenance, No Noise Pollution - Whisper Quiet Indoor and Outdoor Generator
An LCD screen lets you know how much power you have left, and when it’s time to recharge, you can plug it into a standard wall outlet, a car port, or with the sun. With short-circuit, over-current, over-power, low-voltage, and over-temperature protection, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’ll be able to safely charge up with this power station.
And since it’s powered by a rechargeable battery, there’s no gasoline needed, which means you won’t be exposed to fumes and loud noises, and you won’t impact the environment. Backed by a 45 day replacement or refund guarantee, as well as a 12 month worry-free warranty, and affordably priced, with the Aiper 150W Portable Power Station, you’ll have the reliable power you need when you hit the campground.
- 45000mAh and 167Wh large capacity portable charger powers up devices for longer
- Green and clean power; no fuel needed
- Features a variety of outlets to power up various devices appliances
- Three ways to charge: wall outlet, car port, solar panel
- Features a number of built-in safeguards for added protection
- LCD display for easy, no-guess monitoring
- Durably constructed
- Lightweight, compact design for easy transport and storage
- Comes with a wall and car adapter and a solar panel cable
- Backed by a 45 day replacement or refund and 12-month worry-free warranty
- Affordably priced
- It isn’t waterproof, so be advised when moisture is around
Wawui Portable Power Station
If you don’t have the need for a tremendous amount of power and you don’t want to break the bank, the Wawui Portable Power Station is a simple, yet highly reliable portable charger that will get the job done.
A solar-powered generator, it comes complete with a solar generator system, including a solar power and power supply to recharge the generator; however, it can also be charged via a USB charging cable or an AC charging cable so if there isn’t enough sunlight, you don’t have to worry about not being able to power the generator back up. The durable construction and built-in lights that offer two levels of illumination and three extra bright white light bulbs, it not only powers up basic devices, such as cell phones, MP3 players, GPS devices, and laptops via the DC and USB output, but it also provides you with the light you need when you’re off the grid.
- ✅【Perfect Solar Power Station for Home & Camping】WAWUI portable solar power generator with solar panel, 26000mAh/84Wh high capacity battery, over 10 years lifespan, cycle more than 3000 times, perfect emergency power backup for home, travel, camping. Rechargeable solar generator system, storage solar generator power to battery with solar panel and supply power to LED light and mobile phone.
- ✅【Meet Continuous Lighting Needs】The portable power station with solar panel, built-in lights of 2 levels and 3 extra bright white LED bulbs, great ideal to bring you lightness with low power consumption, more durable to use, constant current IC driver, good stability, brightness always maintained above 100LM.
- ✅【Multiple Charging Ways】The quiet solar power generator with 5V/18W high-quality solar panel, charging 1 day, lighting up to 2.5 days. USB charging: suits for wall plug, battery, car, etc.（TIPS: When charging, please turn on the blue switch). Portable mini solar power station, widely applicable to camping, hiking, expedition, hunting and home as emergency power supply.
- ✅【Easy to Carry】 The mini solar power station with solar panel, battery and light bulbs, easy to carry. Compact design, easy installation. Anti-dust design, DC& USB output, safe and reliable.
- ✅【Reliable Solar Electric Generator】 The camping&home mini solar power generator is reliable,. Great gifts for your family and friends.JUST BUY WITH CONFIDENCE!
A battery display makes allows you to easily see how much juice you have left and lets you keep tabs on the charging status. The lightweight, compact design, complete with a built-in handle makes it easy to tote around. The Wawui generator comes with sockets and hooks, too.
The LifePO4 battery has a lifespan of more than 12 years and the power station is backed by a 60 day money back guarantee and a 12-month product service warranty. All of these features and this reliable and rugged portable power station for camping is less than $100!
- Integrated, compact, lightweight design and a carrying case for easy transport and storage
- Can be recharged three ways
- Comes complete with a solar panel, a charging cable, and three LED bulbs with sockets and hooks
- Features several power outlets to charge multiple devices
- Durable construction
- Convenient display to keep track of charging status
- Features a LifePO4 battery with a lifespan of 12 years
- Backed by a 60 day money back guarantee and a 12 month product service warranty
- Very affordably priced
- Basic Option
Other Best Selling Options
- Small But Powerfull - BailiBatt portable power station with lightweight 4.6 lbs, this portable generators for home use,camping and outdoor life.And this portable generator equipped with 69600mAh capacity, can charge many small devices,such as laptop,switch,phones,tablet,camera
- Stable & Efficient Outputs - This outdoor generators built-in two pure sine wave AC outlets to protect your devices (laptop) from damage.The portable generator with regulated 12V DC outputs, can provide a stable power output.300W output, can run 8 appliances simultaneously(the total of all output power ＜ 300 watts)
- Multiple Safety Backup Power - This electric generator within clear LCD screen shows all operating status easily and timely. This solar powered generator built-in premium BMS system, can monitor voltage, current, and temperature, to protect the solar generator from damage
- Green and Durable - This portable power station boasts a 257Wh grade-A battery pack, and this portable generator is excellent thermal stability and safety. So this portable power station support＞1500 times of charge cycle. The portable generator for camping
- Three Recharging Modes - The solar generator within MPPT controller, you can charge this solar powered generator via AC adapter/ car charge(12V/10A) / solar panel (40W/18V,NOT INCLUDED).Whenever you are, don't worry the low battery with this solar generator
- SPEED UP YOUR RECHARGEABILITY: It takes only 2 hours to recharge 80% battery of the power station through the wall outlet and 60W PD USB-C port simultaneously. You can also recharge your power station with an AC adapator when at home, through the car outlet during a road trip or simply use a Jackery SolarSaga 100.
- SAFE & STEADY POWER SUPPLY: Armed with a 293Wh lithium-ion battery pack, the Explorer 300 features 2 Pure Sine Wave AC outlets that deliver stable and safe 300W power. The portable power station weighs only 7.1 pounds. You can simply rest assured in outdoor off-grid activities.
- POWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS: Featuring 2* AC outlet, 1* PD 60W USB-C port (input/output supported) , 1* fast charge 3.0 port, 1*USB-A port and 1* DC car port, the power station can recharge itself and charge (up to) 6 devices (e.g.Drones, Macbook, Cameras, etc.) at the same time to satisfy your outdoor needs.
- GREEN POWER SUPPLY: The power station is compatible with the Jackery SolarSaga 100 solar panel. The integrated MPPT controller enables the solar generator set to operate at its max power point, so that it speeds up the battery recharge, making them ideal portable power kits for tent camping, overland journey and etc.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 300 Portable Power Station , 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide
- Multiple Charging Outputs Provide More Options: Features with AC/ DC/ USB OUTPUTS: 110 AC output (200W), 2 DC output, 2 QC 3.0 quick charge USB port and 1 USB ports (2.4A auto). Power your smartphone, tablet, laptop, camera, light, drones, fans, in-car appliances, CPAP machine and more at anytime.KINDLY NOTE THAT THE POWER STATION CAN NOT BE CHARGE AND USE AT THE SAME TIME.
- High Performance And Handy Power Source: 151Wh (40800mAh) compact station is powerful enough to meet different kinds of electricity demands outdoor usage for home, travel, camping, backseat on long road trips.With a weight of 4.07lb and soft handle, we can easily put it in our backpack or car, take to everywhere need power.
- Other Unique Design: 1)The standalone AC/DC provides easy operation when charging different devices;2)Mutifuction LCD display would show you the remaining energies/charge/discharge/AC output/DC output status.Ultra bright LCD screen let you know the statue of battery pack even no light source camping.
- Triple Rechargeable Modes Efficient Solar Generator: FlashFish power station is equipped with a lithium battery pack, it can be charged by the 15-24 volt solar panel (not included), AC wall adapter and car charger efficiently. No memory effect, no worry about battery capacity reduction
- MultiProtect And Warranty: The generation provides all-round protection to protect you against overcurrent, overvoltage, and over-temperature, ensuring the safety of you and your devices.❤Flashfish provides our dear customers with warranty of 12 months from the date of purchase and friendly customer service.
- 🧳PORTABLE & COMPACT: Super slim size (6.5 x 4.6 x 3.1 inches) and light weight (2.4 lbs). Portable power station with compact handle design is not only for emergency power at home, but also for camping or wherever you need power when on the go. Perfect for school students to charge phone, laptop, iPad, PSP, camera, wireless headphones, etc.
- 🔌MULTI-OUTPUT: The portable power station equipped with 88Wh (24000mAh, 3.7V) capacity, 2*QC 3.0 USB ports (18W max), 2*USB ports (5V 2.4A), 1*USB C port (PD2. 0.18W max). 1*DC port(12-16.8V / 10A, 13A max), 1*2 pole and 1* 3 pole output socket (80W running, 120W peak). Powers cell phone, iPad, tablet, camera, radio, USB powered night light, mini fan and camping scanners under 80W.
- 💡EMERGENCY LIGHTS: This portable generator is built with a 3-level brightness LED flashlight, which could emit 2 lighting modes (steady light and flashing light, SOS mode) to meet your different needs. Press the LED flashlight switch to change the brightness and SOS mode. When you go out camping or experience power outages, this power supply can always help you out.
- 🔋TWO RECHARGING MODES: 88Wh portable rechargeable power station with two methods to charge the portable power station. On the wall, you can fully charge the power supply via AC outlet (adapter included) with 5 hours. Or it can be charged under the sun with a MARBERO solar panel(15V-24V, 1.2A)(not included).
- 🛡️SECURED & ASSURED: The Battery Management System (BMS) allows for voltage control, temperature control and more advanced safety operations. Designed with the cooling vents on the back to help this portable power supply keep the temperature constant, its internal electrical elements will not be damaged by high temperatures. When it comes to short circuit or overload, it automatically shuts off the power to protect itself and the powered devices.
- Portable charger adopts the latest Super Charger Protocol and Fast Charger Protocol. Support QC4.0+PD30W super fast charge, it only takes 25 minutes to charge your iPhone 13 from 20% to 68%, which is 3 times faster than most ordinary old power bank 10W portable chargers on the market.
- The Power bank has a built-in Type-C port and two USB ports, and it can charge three devices at the same time. Simultaneously charge your phone, tablet, headphones and more with one solution. Can be shared with friends to charge together.
- Portable charger has a large capacity of 40000mAh. Using the new high-density polymer battery, it has a larger capacity under the same volume. A single charge is enough to charge your phone for a whole week. Let you get rid of the anxiety about the battery level of your mobile device anytime, anywhere.
- We only use the highest grade materials to make this power bank, from the fireproof case, the PCB motherboard with 10 safety protection designs can filter most dangers such as overcharging, over-discharging, short circuit or overheating, well-known brand super-grade lithium polymer safe battery Core, after rigorous 8-fold inspection. Just to let customers get a safe product.
- Power bank portable charger built-in high-precision smart LED digital display can accurately reflect the percentage of remaining power. Allows you to easily track your battery status.There is also a built-in super bright flashlight, it can dispel the darkness, very practical.Power bank is also equipped with a high brightness flashlight with 360 lumens. With the large battery capacity of the portable charger itself, it can go on for a long time to dispel the darkness for you.
Portable Power Supply Buyer’s Guide
There’s nothing better than kicking back in the Great Outdoors and enjoying all that Mother Nature has to offer. While getting back to basics is a wonderful way to unwind, that doesn’t mean that you have to disconnect completely. With a portable power supply, you can hang around the campground without having to give up some of the creature comforts of that electricity provides, like charging up your tech so you can download trail maps, plug in a reliable light source, and even power up a tent AC or heater when the temps are unbearable.
Like pretty much every type of camping gear on the market, there are so many different types of portable power supplies out there. With so many options, how do you know which one to choose? Simple! Read through this handy review!
If you’re on the market for a portable power station for camping, it goes without saying that you want to be sure that you choose the best option to suit your specific needs. While we’ve highlighted six of the best models on the market, you may still be scratching your head and wondering which one to choose. To help you make the right choice, we’ve highlighted some key factors that you should take into consideration when you’re shopping for a portable power supply for camping.
Wattage and Devices
Two of the most important factors that you should take into consideration when you’re purchasing a portable generator for camping is the wattage and devices that it the station provides. That’s because these two elements impact the power capacity, as well as the amount of outlets that the device will have, and hence, the number of devices it will support.
Therefore, it’s a good idea to consider how many items you’ll be charging at one time and the type of items you’ll be charging. If you plan on charging up multiple devices simultaneously, opt for a portable generator that features more power and more outlets; however, do note that the more power and outlets these products feature, the higher the price will likely be.
You’ll also need to consider the type of battery the generator is powered by. There are two options: lithium ion and acid. Generally, lithium-ion batteries are lighter and hold their charge longer than acid batteries, which makes them a good choice for portability and longevity; however, they do tend to cost more than acid batteries.
Portable power stations only hold a charge for so long, and when they start to run low, you’ll need to recharge it. Make sure you consider how the model can be charged; wall outlets, car ports, and solar panels are the most common options.
Some devices can be recharged using only one or two methods, while others can be powered up using all three. While solar is certainly convenient, keep in mind that you may not always have access to an adequate amount of sun; therefore, if you prefer solar, you should look for a model that can be charged using a wall outlet or a car port, as well, so that you can charge the generator up even when the sun isn’t out.
The power capacity that a portable power station offers will have a direct impact on the amount of time it will run and power your devices. The larger the capacity, the longer it will run between chargers, which is definitely important for prolonged camping trips as well as short ones, as you don’t want to worry about running out of power when you’re out in the backwoods.
A portable power station for camping should be, well, portable. With that said, these devices come in a wide range of weights and sizes. While larger devices tend to offer more power, they may also be heavier, which can make them more difficult to transport and store.
It’s no secret that when you’re camping, your gear can be exposed to pretty strenuous conditions. Therefore, it’s a good idea to ensure that the portable power supply you choose is ruggedly built and can withstand wear and tear with ease.
A lot of portable power stations are also outfitted with additional feature, such as built-in lights and power cords. Determine if any additional features are important to you, and if so, which ones. Do keep in mind, however, that the more features a portable generator offers, the more costly it may end up being.
Support and Warranty
Even if you purchase the highest quality portable power station, there’s always a chance that it could break down or that you could run into operational problems. You want to make sure that you have the access to the support that you need or that you can get a refund or replacement if necessary.
Be sure you check out what type of support and warranty the device comes with. Reputable manufacturers will usually offer a money back guarantee for a specific period of time, a warranty of at least one year, and lifetime customer support.
Lastly, consider the price of the device. The cost of a portable generator can range from under $100 to a few hundred dollars, and some can even cost $1,000 or more. Set a budget before you shop so you don’t end up spending more than you’re comfortable with.
Portable Power Supply FAQs
In this section, we provide answers to some of the most frequently asked questions consumers have about portable power stations.
How do you use a portable generator?
Make sure that the device has enough power, connect the cables for the devices you want to charge into the appropriate outlets, and simply plug-in your devices.
Is more power better?
Not necessarily. The more power a power station offers, the heavier it usually is. If you don’t plan on powering a lot of devices or devices that require a lot of power, then a smaller capacity station may be a better option for you.
Can portable generators be used at home?
Yes, these devices can be safely used at home. Since they’re powered by batteries, they do not emit any noxious gasses, so they are safe to use indoors.
What’s the average lifespan?
While the lifespan of a portable power station depends on the specific product, generally speaking, on average, they last about 2 to 3 years.
With the information presented in this guide, you should be able to get the generator you need to power up your camping trips and enjoy your time in the Great Outdoors to the fullest.