After spending hours scouring the internet and reading through the descriptions of dozens of portable fire pits – and reading through countless user reviews – we’ve narrowed down the options to what we believe are the best portable fire pits currently on the market.
In this guide, we offer a review of the models we’ve selected, as well as a handy buyer’s guide that highlights the key factors you should take into consideration when you’re shopping for a portable fire pit.
We wrap things up by answering some of the most frequently asked questions that consumers have about this handy piece of camping gear.
Once you’ve finished reading through this guide, you’ll be armed with plenty of useful information and will be able to choose the right portable fire pit for your particular needs.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Portable Fire Pit Reviews
- 2.1 Fire Sense Portable Steel Fire Pit
- 2.2 Campfire Defender Pop-Up Fire Pit and BBQ Grill
- 2.3 Rootless Portable Outdoor Fire Pit
- 2.4 Outland Firebowl Deluxe Outdoor Portable Propane Gas Fire
- 2.5 UCO Flatpack Portable Stainless Steel Grill and Fire Pit
- 2.6 Flame Genie Portable Smoke-Free Wood Pellet Fire Pit
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Fire Pit Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Portable Fire Pit FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
We know that not everyone has the time to read through a long and detailed guide. For shoppers who are short on time but still want to be able to find the best portable fire pits, this section is for you. Here, you’ll find a quick overview of our top three picks for the best overall, best premium, and best budget portable fire pits.
- The Best Pick: Fire Sense Portable Folding Round Black Steel Fire Pit with Carry Bag
A high-quality foldable fire pit should be easy to transport (of course), well-made, reliable, and easy to use. The Fire Sense Portable Folding Round Black Steel Fire Pit with Carry Bag checks off all of those criteria. Made of high-grade metal material, this wood-burning fire pit can easily withstand excessive temperatures and types of wear and tear, so you’ll be able to use it over and over again without having to worry about degradation.
- The Premium Pick: Campfire Defender Protect Preserve Pop-Up Fire Pit
If you’re on the market for a premium-quality portable fire pit, this option from Campfire Defender Protect Preserve is a fantastic choice. It’s made of high-quality materials for extreme durability, breaks down into two separate pieces and weighs just 16 pounds, and measures 24 inches by 24 inches, and feature a tri-folding grill on the top, so it’s really easy to stow and transport.
- The Budget Pick: Rootless Store Portable Outdoor Fire Pit
If you’re looking for a reliable and easy to use portable fire pit, but you don’t want to spend a lot, the Rootless Store Portable Outdoor Fire Pit is a fantastic option. It has a unique and innovative burner that will deliver the complete fire pit experience, yet is highly portable. Featuring a rollable stainless steel net and foldable legs, it’s ideal for camping, picnics, trekking, and backyard gatherings.
Portable Fire Pit Reviews
Now that we’ve had a quick look at our top three picks for the best overall, best premium, and best budget portable fire pits, let’s dive in a little deeper. In this section of our guide, we closely examine our top three picks, as well as additional high-quality and reliable models. The reviews presented below provide more detailed information, as well as lists of pros and cons for each portable fire pit.
Fire Sense Portable Steel Fire Pit
For the best overall portable fire pit, we chose the Fire Sense Portable Folding Round Black Steel Fire Pit with Carry Bag. It’s available in two sizes – 22 inch and 29 inches – and both options are made of high-grade and extremely durable heat-resistant metal.
Additionally, both sizes are foldable and collapsible, so when you’re finished using it, just clean it out, fold it down, and tuck it away in the included carrying case for easy storage and transport. This fire pit comes complete with a fuel grate, a cooking grate, a spark screen, and a screen lift tool, so you’ll have everything you need to build and ignite a safe fire that can be used for warmth and cooking.
- FIRE SENSE FIREPIT PORTABLE FOLDING 22": This folding fire pit features 22" heat resistant painted steel fire bowl and folding legs for easy portability.
- SAFE & EFFICIENT: This fire pit comes complete with heat resistant mesh fire screen, a wood grate and cooking grate.
- Also included is a carrying bag and screen lift tool.
- FEATURES: Heat-resistant painted 5" deep steel bowl and spark screen | Log grate, cooking grate and screen lift tool included | No tools needed for assembly | Folds for easy portability.
- FIREPIT ASSEMBLED DIMENSIONS: 22"Diameter. x 15"H; Bowl Depth: 5"; Weight: 9 lbs | Carrying bag included.
The fire screen is painted with high temperature paint to protect it from high heat and keep the flames of your fire contained. Use the screen lift tool to pick up and remove the mesh screen without having to worry about burning your hands. Place the cooking grate over the flames to grill up burgers, hot dogs, chicken, or even pots and pans of food. You can remove the grate and use the fire pit to roast marshmallows and as a source of reliable heat and light.
Thanks to the high-quality materials, the smart construction, the portability, and all of the accessories that it comes with, it’s easy to see why we chose the Fire Sense Portable Folding Round Black Steel Fire Pit with Carry Bag as our best overall portable fire pit.
- Made of high-grade metal and treated with heat-resistant paint
- Available in two sizes
- Compact, collapsible, and lightweight
- Comes with a convenient carrying case for easy storage and transport
- Comes with all essential accessories, including a fuel grate, cooking grate, spark screen, and screen lift tool
- Affordably priced
- Easy to use
Campfire Defender Pop-Up Fire Pit and BBQ Grill
If you’re looking for a portable fire pit that is well-made, easy to transport, and can be used as both a source of heat and for cooking, too, the Campfire Defender Protect Preserve Pop-Up Fire Pit Portable Outdoor Fire Pit and BBQ Grill is an outstanding choice.
Made of high-quality materials, this fire pit is built to withstand excessive use and high heat with ease. The unique design feature foldable legs, which easily fold down for convenient storage and securely stand up when in use. It comes complete with 4 mm food-grade stainless steel bars that provide 505 square inches of cooking space.
- The Pop-Up Fire Pit is the first truly portable wood or charcoal burning fire pit.
- ENGINEERING SIMPLE - The Pop-Up Pit sets-up in just under 60 seconds without the use of any tools.
- PERFECT BURNS - Burning on a fire-rated Stainless Steel Mesh (Fire Mesh) means our fires get perfect airflow. Enjoy brighter, hotter fires with almost no smoke. The Fire Mesh holds up to 125lbs of weight and doesn't allow ash to fall through.
- EXCEEDS THE REGS - With 576sq inches of burn area, an elevated base, and 3.5inch sides the Pop-Up Fire Pit exceeds BLM and Forest Service regulations for fire pans.
- FIRESIDE GUARANTEE - While limited in its lifespan, the Fire Mesh comes with our unique 50 fire/1yr minimum guarantee. Shipping Not Included
Thanks to the open design, you can cook with pots and pans on top of the grill with ease, and it can hold up to 85 pounds of food and utensils. An included heat shield will protect surfaces from heat, so you can use this fire pit on virtually any level and sturdy surface.
It comes with two storage bags, too; one to hold the grill itself and the other to hold the grill grates. Backed by a 50 fire/1 year warrant and a lifetime guarantee on the frame and ember guards, you can buy with confidence, too.
- Made of high-grade metal materials
- Highly heat-resistant
- Features a heat shield to protect surfaces
- Foldable design and lightweight, making it easy to store and transport
- 4mm food grade stainless steel bars
- 505 square inches of cooking space
- Comes with convenient storage and carrying cases
- Backed by a 1 year guarantee and a lifetime guarantee on the frame and ember guards
Rootless Portable Outdoor Fire Pit
The Rootless Portable Outdoor Fire Pit Medium Collapsible Steel Fire Pit proves that you don’t have to spend a lot in order to get a high-quality and reliable portable fire pit. While it doesn’t feature grill grates and it isn’t as large as our best overall and best premium picks, it’s certainly convenient and reliable.
Featuring a rollable stainless steel net and folding legs, this portable fire pit is easy to set up and easily folds down so that you’ll be ready to use it or pack it away within seconds. It has a capacity to hold wood to make fires of all sizes, and the eco-friendly stainless steel and anti-heating material ensure safety and prevent damage.
- CONVENIENT: The Rootless Portable Firepit is a unique and innovative burner that provides the complete firepit experience while offering unmatched portability and quality. The perfect accessory for any patio or camping trip, this wood-burning pit is great for enjoying campfires on the go.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: This portable firepit features a rollable stainless steel net and folding legs and is perfect for camping, picnics and other outdoor adventures. Carrying bag included.
- DURABLE: This firepit has the capability to hold enough wood for fires of all sizes. With netting constructed out of eco-friendly stainless steel and anti-heating material. The meticulously woven steel net limits ash and debris from slipping through, making for a good time with easy cleanup.
- DIMENSION: When assembled the firepit is 16.5” (L) x 16.5” (W) x 12.6” (H) and weighs 2.25 lbs (including carrying bag). Folded up, it is 25.6” x 2.5” x 2.5”. No tools are required, allowing for simple assembly
- BASED IN THE USA- We are located in the US and our focus is on providing a great customer experience. Every product comes with an 18-month warranty. If you are unhappy, let us know and we will always make it right.
The woven steel net reduces the amount of ash and debris that slips through the bottom, making clean up a breeze. It also comes complete with a carrying case for easy storage and convenient transport.
Affordably priced and backed by an 18 month warranty, the Rootless Portable Outdoor Fire Pit is a great choice for campgrounds, picnics, beaches, your backyard, or anywhere else you want to set up a fire outside.
- Lightweight design and foldable legs for easy transport
- Easy to set up and break down
- Made of eco-friendly stainless steel and anti-heating materials
- Woven steel net reduces the amount of ash and debris that slips through for easy cleanup
- Comes with a convenient storage and carrying case
- Can support fires of all sizes
- Backed by an 19 month warranty
- Affordably priced
Outland Firebowl Deluxe Outdoor Portable Propane Gas Fire
The Outland Firebowl is a portable propane gas fire pit that provides a reliable source of fuel, eliminates the need to struggle with starting a fire, and reduces the need for firewood and makes clean up a whole lot easier.
The all-weather fire bowl provides a clean and smokeless flame and is extremely easy to set up. Simply attach propane gas, turn the adjustable leaver, and you’ll be enjoying a beautiful and warm blaze within seconds. Since the fire pit is CSA approved, it’s safe to use during the majority of campfire bans because it doesn’t generate any sparks.
- ✓ PERFECT NO MESS CAMPFIRE: Say goodbye to dirty ash, expensive firewood, and bothersome smoke and enjoy a clean realistic propane campfire. The perfect outdoor centerpiece for camping trips, RV travels, tailgating get-togethers, beach parties, and family evenings on the backyard patio.
- ✓ COMPACT AND EASY TO TRANSPORT: Travel size fire pit is lightweight and portable; easily set up in minutes with no tools required. Matchless auto-ignition feature ensures a fast and simple start-up; all weather fire bowl delivers a clean and smokeless flame with cozy warmth and beautiful evening ambiance. Measures L 19” x W 19” x H 11” with total output of 58,000 BTU/HR.
- ✓ BEAT THE CAMPFIRE BAN: CSA approved fire pit is safe to use during most campfire bans; always check with the current fire restrictions in your area. Spark free propane campfire helps protect campgrounds and forested areas with a safer easy-to-use fire option. No assembly required
- ✓ COMPLETE FIRE PIT KIT: Includes Cover & Carry Kit, pre-attached 10-Ft hose to keep your standard 20-Lb propane tank cylinder (not included) safely out of sight, fully adjustable regulator with chrome valve knob for varying flame height, and 4.4-Lb natural lava rock set designed to enhance flickering effect. Optional accessories of CSA approved Natural Gas Conversion Kit 785 and Standard Carry Bag 760 available separately.
- ✓ SIGNATURE OUTLAND LIVING QUALITY: Durable high quality steel construction with protective enamel finish for dependable longevity; superior stainless steel burner, fasteners and contemporary decorative belt. Outland Living has outdoor living perfected so you can create the perfect ambiance to share stories and good times. Make new memories with family and friends, in comfort and style anywhere outdoors, with the Outland Firebowl Premium propane fire pit.
This portable propane fire pit comes complete with a cover and a carry kit, which includes a pre-attached 10 foot hose that supports a 20 pound propane tank cylinder (not included), natural lava rocks that create a flickering effect, and a fully adjustable regulator with chrome valve know to adjust the height of the flame.
Thanks to the premium-quality stainless steel construction, which features a protective enamel finish, it’s extremely durable, safe, and will be sure to last a long time.
- Fueled by propane for instant, safe, and spark-free fire
- Flame height can be adjusted
- High-grade steel construction with protective enamel finish
- Comes complete with natural lava rocks that create a flickering effect
- Generates a clean and smokeless fire
- Easy to set up and highly portable
UCO Flatpack Portable Stainless Steel Grill and Fire Pit
This unique portable fire pit serves as a grill and a source of heat and light. The high-grade stainless steel construction rust and corrosion resistant, and is extremely durable and can withstand excessive temperatures with ease.
A stainless steel grill can be used to cook hot dogs, burgers, chicken, and all other types of goodies. It only takes about 30 seconds to set up and provides a stable base for grilling. The sides of the grill break the window to prevent the flames from going out.
- Stainless steel grill folds to 1.5 inches thick and fits in a backpack; can be used as a fire pit; comes in regular or mini sizes (sold separately)
- Regular size features 13 x 10-inch grilling area for up to 6 servings; mini features 9 x 6.75-inch grilling area for up to 3 servings
- Stable base for safe grilling; quick 30-second setup; sides of grill serve as a wind-break
- Safely contains fire and keeps fire off the ground; constructed from durable stainless steel to provide high rust and corrosion resistance
Measuring just 1.5 inches thick when folded down, it can fit into a backpack or anywhere else with ease, and because it weighs only 3.2 pounds, you’ll have no trouble transporting it. For your peace of mind, it’s also backed by a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty and is very affordably priced.
- Made of high-grade rust- and corrosion-resistant stainless steel
- Easy to set up
- Features a grill grate that offers a 10 inch cooking area
- The sides serve as a wind-break to ensure a reliable flame
- Folds down to just 1.5 inches thick and weighs only 3.2 pounds for easy storage and transport
- Affordably priced
- Backed by a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Available in 2 sizes
Flame Genie Portable Smoke-Free Wood Pellet Fire Pit
With the HY-C –FG-16 Flame Genie Portable Smoke-Free Wood Pellet Fire Pit, you’ll be able to start a safe roaring fire where you want with total ease. It features a unique design, as it relies on wood pellets to generate the fire, not firewood, which means that there is no need to worry about the expense or hassle of wood.
The low moisture content of the wood pellets mean that your fires will burn more efficiently and cleaner than firewood, and there’s less ash to clean up, too. Made of steel that is finished with a black powder coat paint, this portable fire pit is extremely durable and safe to use.
- Produces a larger flame, more heat & longer burn times. Be captivated by the mesmerizing flames while adding a warm glow to your patio, campsite, or outdoor adventure
- Flame Genie's smoke-free and spark-free features make it the perfect backyard, stream-side, or wilderness fire pit companion for all outdoor enthusiasts. No more smoky clothes or holes in fabrics from sparks
- Uses wood pellets, not firewood. Low moisture content of wood pellets results in a more efficient, cleaner burn than cord wood. Easy to handle wood pellets leave you with less ash to clean up and unlike firewood, pellets can be transported across state lines
- Steel material with black powder coat paint finish. Like most black firepits, the black models will show signs of finish fatigue after the initial fire. This is because the top rim of the firepit can exceed temperatures of 1200 °F and the high-temperature will burn-off any powder-coat finish
- Bottom nests in top for easy transport and compact storage
When you’re finished using it, just put out the flames and the bottom of the fire pit will nest into the top, allowing for easy transport and storage. Generating large, warm, smoke-free and spark-free fires, the Flame Genie portable fire pit can be used virtually anywhere.
It’s also available in two sizes – 13.5 inch diameter and 19 inch diameter – and comes in either a black or a stainless steel finish.
- Made of high-grade steel material that is finished with black powder coat paint
- Uses wood pellets instead of fire wood
- Generates smoke-free and spark-free fires
- Safe and easy to use
- Available in two sizes
- Comes in two color options
- Can be used virtually anywhere
Other Best Selling Options
- PATIO BESSEMER ROLLING FIREPLACE: This outdoor 28" fire pit is painted a beautiful black and silver and provides a roaring fire and bonfire without ever having to leave the comfort of your home. This fire pit will help you stay outside even during the colder weather.
- PORCELAIN ENAMEL CONSTRUCTION: This fire pit features a porcelain enamel bowl and lid for optimal corrosion resistance. The domed lid of the outdoor fire pit also helps push the heat outward rather than straight upward for warmer get togethers.
- STEEL FIRE SCREEN: This firepit for outside features a silver high temperature painted center steel fire screen that helps keep the fire contained yet visible. This large single door also aids in easy refueling, cleaning, and marshmallow roasting.
- WHEELS AND HANDLE: The fire pit also features large, heavy duty wheels that allow you to easily transport this portable fireplace all over your backyard. The handle provided further helps move this fireplace with wheels from your truck to the campsite.
- REMOVABLE STEEL GRATE: This portable fire pit also comes with a removable steel grate that allows quick and easy placing of logs for burning. It also adds elevation to the logs ensuring optimum airflow for a crackling fire. Assembled Dimensions: 33"L, 28"W, 46"H. Weight: 32 lbs.
- 【Patented Fire Pit Bowl Upgrade Material and Heavy Duty Iron】: Our 13" fire pits for outside is made of high-quality iron,which made of high temperature resistant materials, long-term high temperature barbecue will not change color,it is sturdy and durable for many years use, perfect for wood pellet buring.Note:Please wait for the hot ash to cool down naturally,do not put it out with water to avoid peel and rustcaused by heat expansion and contraction.
- 【Sturdy Double Handle & Practical Ash Tray】:The exquisite brand hollow design outside the portable fire pit allows the beauty of the flame to be safely displayed, portable handles make it possible to shake ash to keep air through,easy to lift it up and attempt to dump the ash by bottom underlying tray when it cold.
- 【Secondary Combustion】:Our firepit wood stove has double wall design maximizes airflow and burning process. Bottom vent holes allow oxygen to the feed the fire from below while simultaneously channeling warm oxygen up between the walls of the stove and back into the fire,this means there is virtually no smoke when burning and your clothes won't smell bad.
- 【No Assembly is Required】:This smokeless firepit is quick and easy to use right away, just put the bonfire pit together and comes with a sturdy waterproof lined tote bag that makes it easy to take it from your backyard patio to camping, decks and more.
- 【Enjoy Friends Time & Perfect Gift】: Our bonfire stove fire pit can not only provide heat, but also create an atmosphere, extend your night, reproduce all the classic charm of bonfires, suitable for indoor residences and outdoor entertainment venues such as hotels, clubs and holiday houses.
- 【Upgraded Portable Design】Compared with the traditional non-detachable product package size (34" x 3.6" x 3.6"), our upgraded portable fire pit is designed to be detachable. Its package size is only 13" x 3.6" x 3.6". which not only keep the better stability, but also will be more portable for outdoor camping.
- 【Quick Asembly】No special tool is required. Just connect the stainless steel tube to the support frame in just under 60 second without the use of any tools .
- 【Durable & Powerful】With netting constructed out of durable stainless steel and anti-heating material, this firepit has the capability to hold enough wood for fires of all sizes. Maximum load capacity is 26 lbs.
- 【Reusable & Easy to Clean】The 0.96mm heat-resistant mesh of our foldable fire pit, making ash or debris not fall and it is easy to clean.
- 【Best Choice for Ourdoor】Our portable fire pit is best choice for outdoor wood burning such as camping, outdoors picnic, beach, garden, trekking, barbecue, fishing, climbing, etc. Put it into your bag and enjoy your outdoor life!
Fire Pit Buyer’s Guide
Sitting around a roaring fire with your family or buddies, sharing stories, and roasting marshmallows is certainly one of the most enjoyable parts of camping. Whether you’re out in the backwoods, on the beach, or even in your backyard, a fire is an absolute must for camping. Not only does it make your campsite a cozy space, but it also provides light, can be used for cooking, and can keep you warm when the sun sets and the temps start to dip.
While a fire is a staple element of any camping excursion, unfortunately, you might not find a fire pit at every location you camp. Sure, you could build a fire from scratch, but that takes a lot of time, not to mention the fact that not all areas are conducive to self-made fire pits.
You could always bring along a large fire pit, but let’s be honest; they’re big, bulky, and not to mention, messy. Fortunately, there’s a way that you can conveniently enjoy a fire wherever you’re camping. How? – With a portable fire pit.
As the name suggests, a portable fire pit is similar to a standard fire pit that you might have in your backyard, with one major difference: it’s smaller, more compact, and easy to transport.
With the right portable fire pit, you can safely enjoy all of the benefits that a campfire provides without having to go through the hassle of building your own makeshift pit or lugging along a big, bulk pit.
While a portable fire pit is definitely a worthwhile investment, however, just like all other types of camping gear, there are so many different options to choose from. While having options is a great thing, it can also make choosing the best one for your specific needs a daunting task. To help you with the process, we’ve taken the liberty of doing the research for you.
While we’ve presented a nice collection of a variety of high-quality, well-made, safe, and reliable portable fire pits, you’re probably wondering which one to choose. How do you decide which one will best meet your specific needs? In this section of our guide, we highlight some of the most important factors that you should take into consideration when you’re shopping to help you select the best portable fire pit for you.
First and foremost, you should consider what type of portable fire pit you want. Just like standard fire pits, portable models can be powered by three main types of fuel:
- Wood pellets
With a portable fire pit that uses firewood, you’ll get a traditional campfire, which creates nice ambiances and can be used for warmth, light, and for cooking, too. Firewood fire pits are usually the least expensive option; however, there are some downsides. Firewood can be costly to purchase, it generates smoke, ash, and sparks, and it has to be tended to in order to ensure the blaze doesn’t burn out.
However, despite some of the downsides, firewood portable fire pits are among the most popular options, as they create that traditional campfire that so many people love. Propane fire pits rely on propane gas, so they burn cleaner and don’t produce smoke or ash, and there’s no ash to clean.
There’s also no need to continuously purchase firewood; however, the tradeoff is that you have to purchase more propane, and in some locations, the use of propane gas may not be permitted. Wood pellet fire pits are also easier to ignite, as you don’t have to worry about sparking the fire or maintaining it.
There’s no spark and minimal smoke with wood pellets, too, and there’s virtually no mess to clean up; however, you do have to purchase new wood pellets every now and again, which can become costly.
Which fuel source should you choose? It really depends on your specific needs and taste. If you enjoy the sound of crackling wood and the scent of a fire, a wood-burning fire pit may be the best choice for you; however, if you want the most convenience, then a propane or wood pellet portable fire pit may be the best option for you.
Of course, when you’re shopping for a portable fire pit, portability is a key factor that you’re going to want to take into consideration. The entire purpose of purchasing a portable fire pit is because it’s easy to transport and store so that it can be used wherever you want to have a fire.
Some portable fire pit models fold down, while others have collapsible or removable leg, and still some are just small in size, which alone makes them more portable than a standard fire pit. In regard to portability, make sure that you consider how much it weighs and the actual size that it folds down to (if it folds down) so that you can determine how easy moving it and storing it will be.
Safety is another important factor to consider, as even contained fires can pose serious risks if the vessels they’re being burned in aren’t properly designed. Make sure that the fire pit is made of high-quality materials that can resist high temperatures and won’t corrode.
The walls of the fire pit should be high enough to effectively contain the flames, too. You should also consider safety features. For example, some come with heat shields that are designed to sit underneath the exterior of the fire pit to protect the surface that the vessel will be standing on.
Shields that prevent embers from flying are also a good idea, as they help to minimize the risk of potentially starting external fires.
How you intend on using the first pit is also an extremely important factor to consider. Do you plan on using it only for ambiance and light, for a source of heat, or will you be using it to cook, too?
If you want to cook on your portable fire pit, consider investing in one that comes equipped with a cooking grate and offers enough surface area to accommodate the amount of food that you plan on preparing. If you’ll be using it solely for heat or ambiance, then a cooking grate won’t be necessary. Knowing how you want to use the fire pit before you purchase it will allow you to select a model that will actually meet your needs.
While it might not be the most important factor, it’s a factor that you should consider, nonetheless; especially if you’re planning on using it solely for ambiance and light, as a grill-style fire pit isn’t as visually appealing as a bowl-style portable fire pit.
Lastly, before you start shopping for a portable fire pit, you should really consider the price. Portable fire pits come in a wide range of prices, so it’s a good idea to set a budget before you start shopping so that you don’t end up choosing something that’s out of your price range.
Generally speaking, wood-burning portable fire pits are the least expensive, and those that are designed to be used strictly as a source of heat tend to be the least expensive of all, while bowl-style wood-burning fire pits are usually a bit pricier. Propane and wood pellet fire pits usually have the highest price tags, but remember that you’ll spend less on maintenance and upkeep, as you won’t have to purchase cords of firewood (which can become pricy) on a constant basis.
Portable Fire Pit FAQs
If you’ve never purchased a portable fire pit before, you probably have some questions. In this section, we provide answers to some of the most frequently asked questions consumers have about portable fire pits.
Is a portable fire pit safe to use?
Yes, if it’s well-designed and used properly. It’s important to note that no matter what type you purchase, you should always exercise caution. Make sure you set the fire pit up on a secure surface, and that the surface won’t be damaged by the heat of the fire. Additionally, you should never leave a fire unattended; always make sure that someone is standing guard until the fire is fully extinguished. Additionally, it’s a good idea to keep a bucket of water, sand, or a fire extinguisher within reach, just to err on the side of caution.
Are there any restrictions for using portable fire pits?
It depends. Some areas do not permit the use of any type of fire pit or permit any type of fire. Make sure you check with the location where you intend on using it before you set your portable fire pit up, otherwise you could end up getting hit with a fine, or worse, you could be responsible for a very dangerous situation.
Where should a fire pit be set up?
Make sure that the location is sturdy and that it can withstand high temperatures. Additionally, look overhead before you start a fire, as you want to be sure that there isn’t any vegetation or other combustible materials that could potentially catch on fire.
With a portable fire pit, you’ll be able to enjoy the ambiance, warmth, and even a great cookout in all types of locations. With the information presented in this guide, you’ll be able to choose a high-quality, reliable, and safe portable fire pit that will meet your specific needs.