In this review, you’ll find an overview of our top picks for the best karmabit knives. We’ve also included a buyer’s guide, which highlights some of the key features that should be taken into consideration when you’re purchasing a karmabit knife.
We wrap up our guide by providing answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about these versatile and useful tools. With the information presented in this guide, you’re should be able to purchase the best karmabit knife for your specific needs.
Our Top Picks
- 1 Our Top Picks
- 2 Karambit Knife Reviews
- 2.1 Damascus 1 Rose Wood 9.5 Inch Fixed Blade
- 2.2 CRKT Provoke Kinematic EDC Folding Pocket Knife
- 2.3 We Top Karambit Knife
- 2.4 Masalong Outdoor Survival Claw Tactical Knife
- 2.5 CRKT Du Hoc Fixed Blade Knife with Sheath
- 2.6 Snake Eye Tactical Karambit Style Folding Pocket Knife
- 2.7 Shard Damascus Karambit Handmade Knife
- 2.8 CRKT Keramin Fixed Blade Knife
- 3 Other Best Selling Options
- 4 Karambit Knife Buyer’s Guide
- 5 Karambit Knife FAQs
- 6 Conclusion
If you’re in a rush and don’t have time to read through our more in-depth reviews, this section is for you. In this part of our review, you’ll find our top picks for the best overall, best premium, and best budget karmabit knives. Instead of detailed guides, however, this section features shorter overviews that highlight the most notable features of each option.
Best Pick: Damascus 1 Rose Wood 9.5 Inch Fixed Blade Custom Knife
- ROSE WOOD A PRECIOUS CUSTOM HANDMADE DAMASCUS STEEL FIXED BLADE HUNTING KNIFE: unique piece of art made by Best.Buy.Damascus1! Manufactured of Nartural Horns And wood Handels in BUFFALO HORN, STAG or RAM HORN, CAMEL BONE or premium OLIVE WOOD, ROSE WOOD, BLUE WOOD, GREEN WOOD, this exquisite Damascus steel makes a unique custom hand made Hunting knifes and Pocket knifes you will be proud of! Premium Manufacture -\Best.Buy.Damascus1\-Excellent Design in Damascus Steel
- CUSTOM HAND MADE KNIFE BEAUTIFULLY HAND FORGED PIECE OF ART: With a Damascus STEEL BLADE nicely hand forged with above (416) layers combining (1095) and (15N20) high carbon steel and Low Carbon steel with a durable nickel layer, our Damascus steel Blade has been given excellent heat treatment to get a (58to60) HRC,
- THE GENUINE BROWN COW LEATHER SHEATH: The pure leather sheath of this amazing Damascus steel knifes is made of prime quality thick cow skin to ensure excellent manufacture. The durable double stitching with the strong thick threads, in combination with the elegant, rust-resistant Brass Star button make a high-standard leather knife sheath to host safely your precious Damascus steel.The knife has Beautiful Featuring Detailed file worked on the Back Edge of the Knife handle
- AN EXCELLENT DAMASCUS STEEL YOU ENJOY WITH ALL YOUR SENSES: Feast your eyes on the classy design of this elegant Custom hand made Damascus Steel Tracker knife! Feel its great sleek texture with your hands, compact shape in your Leather Sheath or belt! Enrich your collection with a less piece of art and enjoy the touch of style it offers! Great For Personal Use Hunting And Fishing, A Fine Gift Best.Buy.Damascus1 Knives The Collection You Will Be Proud Of
- AN EXCELLENT GIFTING IDEA: Offer this unique hand made Damascus Steel tracker knife to a special friend, family member or co-worker and have them thankful for your excellent taste! Make this amazing gift to any seasoned or amateur knifes collector and enjoy their smile upon unwrapping this fascinating gift! TIPS TO CARE KNIFE 1- NEVER STORE YOUR KNIFE FOR LONG TIME IN LEATHER SHEATH. 2- LEATHER CAN ABSORB WATER, WHICH WILL RUST THE KNIFE. 3- ALWAYS CLEAN THE BLADE AFTER USING WITH OIL OR WAX.
For our best overall karambit knife, we chose the Rose Wood knife from Best Buy Damascus 1. Featuring a custom, handmade fixed Damascus steel blade, this karambit is more than a functional, reliable, and durable weapon; it’s also visually pleasing. The handle of this knife is made of real horns (buffalo, stag, or ram) or camel bone, or natural olive, rose, blue, or green wood, this knife is built to last and can take on virtually anything that comes its way.
Premium Pick: CRKT Provoke Kinematic EDC Folding Pocket Knife
- Unique Innovation: Kinematic deploys the blade with push of the thumb
- Superior Performance: D2 blade steel for excellent edge retention
- Strong And Lightweight: Aluminum handle combines strength with minimal weight
- Designed by Joe Caswell in Newbury Park, California
- Limited Lifetime Warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship, see company site for details
If you’re looking for a top-of-the-line karambit knife and you have some room in your budget to spare, the CRKT Provoke Kinematic EDC Folding Pocket Knife is a fantastic choice. Featuring a D2 steel blade that offers outstanding edge retention and a durable, yet lightweight aluminum handle, this karamabit knife is easy to tote, as it won’t weigh you down, yet it’s so well constructed that you’ll always be able to rely on it.
Budget Pick: We Top Karambit Knife
- 🔥 【Material】 - High quality stainless steel and ABS Handle and ABS Hard Sheath. Blade - Rustproof, Wearable and Sharp.
- 🔥 【Multifunction】 - Perfectly suitable for outdoor activities, such as hunting, fishing, camping or fighting survival, self defenses.
- 🔥【Elemental Knives】- This is a surprise, bought as a gift. If you're a CS GO fan , this is perfect for you. If you're a collector and want a unique knife, this is also a good choice.
- 🔥【Excellent Design】- Ergonomically designed handle, feels great to hold in your hand and comfortable to use
- 🔥 【Weight & Size】- 4.94 oz, lightweight easy to carry. Knife total length: 7.5 in, Blade Length: 3.5 in, Blade Width: 14 in, Blade Thickness: 0.16 in.
If you’re looking for a well-made and reliable, yet affordable karambit knife, this option from WeTop is a great option to consider. The blade is made of top-quality stainless steel that extends down through the ABS handle for added durability and features an attractive and eye-catching green and black color.
Karambit Knife Reviews
Now that we’ve taken a quick look at our top picks for the best overall, best premium, and best budget karambit knives, let’s dive in a little deeper. In this section of our guide, you’ll find more in-depth overviews of the above-mentioned knives, as well as some additional premium-quality options. We’ve also included a list of pros and cons for each knife so that you can easily see what each one offers, as well as some of the downsides that are associated with each one.
Damascus 1 Rose Wood 9.5 Inch Fixed Blade
For our best overall pick, we chose the Best Buy Damascus 1 Rose Wood 9.5 Inch Fixed Blade Custom Handmade Steel Knife. What really sets this karambit knife apart from the crowd is the construction.
It’s made of some of the most top-of-the-line materials; for example, the handles are made of real buffalo, stag, or ram horn, camel bone, or olive, rose, blue, or green wood. The blade is hand-forged of Damascus steel and features layers of 1095 and 15N20 high carbon and low carbon steel, as well as a layer of nickel.
The blade is exceptionally sharp, highly durable, and rust-resistant. With a full tang, you’ll have confidence knowing that this karambit knife will remain in one piece. Finger notches on the handle provide a secure and comfortable grip. A double-stitched authentic cowhide leather sheath, which features a rust-resistant brass star button for decorative interest – is the perfect place to keep your karambit safely stowed away when it isn’t in use.
Backed by a risk-free money back guarantee, when you purchase this knife, you can have confidence knowing that you’ll be able to return it for a full refund if you aren’t completely satisfied.
- Hand-forged Damask steel blade with layers of high and low carbon steel and nickel
- Handle made of natural animal horn, bone, or wood
- Full tang design
- Finger grooves in the handle for improved grip and comfort
- Exceptionally durable
- Super sharp
- Artfully designed
- Comes complete with a genuine cowhide leather sheath
- Backed by a risk-free money back guarantee
CRKT Provoke Kinematic EDC Folding Pocket Knife
If you are on the market for a super-durable karamite knife and you have the room in your budget, the CRKT Provoke Kinematic EDC Folding Pocket Knife is highly recommended.
The D2 steel blade, which is exceptionally sharp and features excellent edge retention, folds down into the handle for easy storage. When you’re ready to use the knife, just push the button on the handle and it will rapidly deploy.
The design of the handle ensures a comfortable and secure grip while preventing your fingers from getting caught in the rotational path of the blade. When you’re finished using it, just shift the lever on the base of the loop and gently push it back into place. With a secure lock, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that the blade won’t accidentally deploy.
There are different colors and styles to choose from, too, such as black, earth, and a serrated edge blade. Made in the USA and backed by a limited lifetime warranty that covers any defects in the materials or workmanship, you can buy with confidence.
- Top-quality D2 steel blade with exceptional edge retention
- Aluminum handle is durable, ye lightweight
- Blade folds into the handle and rapidly deploys with the push of a button
- Thoughtfully designed to ensure a secure grip and to prevent your fingers from crossing the bath of the blade
- Available in different colors and styles
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
We Top Karambit Knife
For those who are looking for an economical, yet well-constructed and reliable karambit knife, this option from We Top is a great choice. The full-tang, super-sharp blade is constructed of premium-quality, rust-proof stainless steel and the handle is made of ABS, making this knife lightweight, yet highly durable.
The ergonomic handle ensures a good grip and is comfortable to hold and wield. Weighing in at just 4.94 ounces and measuring just 7.5 inches long, you’ll barely even notice that you’re carrying this karambit knife.
The blade dimensions are 3.5 inches long, 14 inches wide, and 0.16 inches thick; the perfect size for self-defense, survival, and all types of outdoor activities, including hunting, fishing, and camping.
In addition to being thoughtfully constructed, the We Top Karambit Knife is visually appealing, as the blade features a vibrant green color with black accents. With an ABS sheath that fits snuggly over the blade, you can be sure that your knife and you are well protected.
- Features a high-quality, rust-proof, and super-sharp stainless steel blade
- Full tang construction
- Lightweight and extremely durable
- Ergonomically designed ABS handle is easy to grip and comfortable to hold
- Aesthetically pleasing, thanks to the green and black color of the blade
- Highly versatile; can be used for hunting, fishing, camping, survival, and self-defense
- ABS sheath for easy and reliable storage
- Economically priced
Masalong Outdoor Survival Claw Tactical Knife
For those who are serious about self-defense, survival, and outdoor activities, the Masalong Outdoor Survival Claw Tactical Knife offers everything you could possibly want in a karambit knife.
The stainless steel D2 Damascus blade boasts four sharp, perfectly rounded teeth on the upper side, which improves the performance of the blade. That, combined with the sharpness of the blade makes this a highly reliable tool or weapon. With a hardness rating of 58-60 HRC, an above average score, this karambit knife can cut through virtually anything with ease, yet withstand damage.
The curve of the blade is thoughtfully designed and further improves the function and reliability of the knife. Weighing just 6.7 ounces and measuring only 7 inches long, you’ll have no trouble carrying and concealing this weapon.
There are two different sheath options, too – leather or Kydex with an adjustable hand strap. Overall, the Masalong is a well-designed, durable, and reliable karambit knife that will certainly come in very handy for however you’re planning on using it.
- Heavy-duty, rust-proof DS Damascus stainless steel blade
- Full tang design
- Thoughtfully designed teeth on the outer edge of the blade
- Handle ensures a firm, yet comfortable grip
- Two different sheath options: leather or Kydex
- Lightweight and compact design makes for easy carrying and concealing
- Relatively affordable
CRKT Du Hoc Fixed Blade Knife with Sheath
The CRKT Du Hoc Fixed Blade Knife with Sheath is very well made, exceptionally durable, and highly reliable. Designed to honor the late uncle of the knife’s designer, who was awarded the Silver Star at Point Du Hoc, this knife was made with durability and versatility in mind.
Featuring an SK5 carbon steel, carbon-coated blade, recurved blade, this karambit knife can easily withstand excessive wear and tear. The G10 handle ensures a secure grip and is comfortable to wield.
It comes with a durable glass reinforced nylon shield, complete with mounting options, that fits perfectly over the blade, protecting both you and the blade itself.
Thanks to the exceptional craftsmanship, when you choose this karambit knife, you’ll know that you’ll have a weapon and tool that you can rely on for years to come.
- SK5 carob steel blade
- G10 handle offers an exceptional grip and is easy to wield
- Super-sharp blade can cut through virtually anything and retains its sharpness well
- Lightweight design for easy transport and use
- Comes with a durable glass reinforced nylon sheath with mounting options
- Made in the USA
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty that covers manufacturer defects
Snake Eye Tactical Karambit Style Folding Pocket Knife
With the Snake Eye Tactical Everyday Carry Karambit Style Pocket Knife, you’ll have a reliable self-defense weapon and survival tool. Featuring a three inch heavy-duty, yet lightweight stainless steel blade with a super-sharp edge.
The blade is retractable and closes down into the handle with ease, to you don’t have to worry about a sheath, and thanks to the smartly designed flip function, accessing the blade is a cinch. The ergonomic handle provides a comfortable and secure grip and makes for easy wielding.
A built-in belt clip on the handle and the compact size (measures just 4.75 inches when closed and 7.75 inches when opened), the Snake Eye Tactical Everyday Carry Karambit Folding Knife is easy to transport and easy to conceal.
Thanks to the sharp and durable blade, it’s highly versatile and can be used for camping, hunting, fishing, self-defense, and more. To add to all of these benefits, this karambit knife is available in five colors, including black, blue, gold, rainbow, and red. It’s also affordably priced.
- Top-quality stainless steel and super-sharp blade
- Flip-function is easy to open and easy to store
- Ergonomically designed handle provides a secure and comfortable grip
- Compact size
- Built-in belt loop on the handle
- Highly versatile; can be used as a reliable outdoor tool or a self-defense weapon
- Available in five colors
- Economically priced
Shard Damascus Karambit Handmade Knife
The Damascus Steel Karambit Knife by Shard combines a traditional design with modern materials to create a beautiful and functional weapon and tool. The Damascus steel blade is forge-welded over 356 layers of 150N20 and 1095 carbon steel, creating a solid billet.
The full tang blade extends into the natural bone handle, which features a finger hole that provides a comfortable grip and ensures proper balance. The extremely sharp blade can cut through a wide array of materials with ease, including wood, animal flesh, bone, and more.
It comes complete with a handmade genuine leather sheath, which features an integrated belt loop on the back, so you can keep the blade protected and safely tote it around. Both the blade and the handle measure 5 inches for a total length of 10 inches. Because the knife is handmade, each one is not only exquisitely designed, but also unique.
The incredible sharp and durable blade can be used in a variety of applications, including hunting, camping, tactical, survival, and all other outdoor situations.
- Damascus steel blade is forge-welded over 356 layers of 15N20 and 1095 carbon steel, creating a solid billet
- Full tang blade
- Natural bone handle
- Finger hole in the handle provides a comfortable grip and excellent balance
- Comes with a genuine leather sheath with an integrated belt loop
- Lightweight and durable
- Easy to transport
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Can be used in a wide range of applications
CRKT Keramin Fixed Blade Knife
Rounding out our list of the best karambit knives is the CRKT Keramin Fixed Blade Knife. This compact, lightweight knife is the ideal companion for camping, hunting, and various other outdoor activities that may require survival skills.
It’s also suitable for self-defense. The high carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge very well and the precision tip needle-sharp blade can be used for all types of scoring tasks.
The handle is ergonomically designed for a secure and comfortable grip, and thanks to the bead blast finish, reflection off of the handle is kept to a minimum.
A well-constructed sheath protects the blade and keeps you safe, while an attached paracord that you can use to wrap around your wrist or around your neck so you can always have it near when you need it.
- High carbon stainless blade
- The blade takes an edge very well for extreme versatility
- Can be used for scoring, thanks to the precision tip
- Ergonomic handle provides a reliable grip and comfort
- Compact, lightweight design
- Comes with a thermoplastic sheath with mounting options
- Available in a variety of colors
- Affordably priced
Other Best Selling Options
- Stainless Steel Blade, ABS handle
- Weight: 130 G
- Fixed Blade, Sharp Blade
- Come with a knife sheath
- FEATURE: The best outdoor Survival Tactical camping hiking knife you are looking for. This outdoor hunting knife£¬Multiple carrying methods, lanyard hole and high-strength lightweight kydex material sheath for easy portability.
- Dimensions: 7.6 inch (19.5 cm) overall length with 3.7 inches blade length and 4 inches handle length, knife weight with 6.1 ounces ,Knife blade width with 25mm, blade thickness 4.5mm and hardness 59-60 HRC, Total weight with 9.3 ounces including packaging
- Material: The knife use D2 blade and G10 handle, safe and convenient kydex sheaths belt buckle, making it ideal for everyday carry
- Nice Tool: The C1691 tactical knife suitable for any outdoor activities, camping, hunting, hiking, adventure, fighting survival, self defenses and home use !!
- Attention: The blade is sharp do not let kids under 13 to play or use it. Please be careful ! And Canku provide 24 months warranty and excellent after-sales service
- Material- High quality stainless steel and Non-skid design plastic handle. Blade - Rustproof, Wearable and Sharp.
- Multifunction- Perfectly suitable for outdoor activities, such as hunting, fishing, camping or fighting survival, self defenses
- Excellent Design- Ergonomically designed handle, feels great to hold in your hand and comfortable to use
- Weight & Size- 3.83oz, lightweight easy to carry. Knife total length: 7.5 in, Blade Length: 3.5 in
- Attention- The blade are Sharp do not let kids under 15 to play or use it.
- Try Your Fortune: You will get 2 random color knives which is in completely different color.
- Material: high quality stainless steel and Non-skid design plastic handle. Ergonomically designed handle, Blade - Rustproof, wearable and sharp.
- Usage: Very Nice tool for camping, fighting survival, self defenses.
- SIZE: 3.83 Oz, lightweight easy to carry，Whole Length: 7.4 inch, Blade Length: 3.5inch, Blade Width : 1.2inch, Blade Thickness: 0.15inch.
- Attention: Sharpe blade, do not let kids under 13 to play or use it. The handle are plastic material, keep away from high temperature.
- 🔥 【Material】 - High quality stainless steel and ABS Handle and ABS Hard Sheath. Blade - Rustproof, Wearable and Sharp.
- 🔥 【Multifunction】 - Perfectly suitable for outdoor activities, such as hunting, fishing, camping or fighting survival, self defenses. This is a surprise, bought as a gift. If you're a CS GO fan , this is perfect for you. If you're a collector and want a unique knife, this is also a good choice.
- 🔥【Excellent Design】- Ergonomically designed handle, feels great to hold in your hand and comfortable to use
- 🔥 【Weight & Size】- 4.94 oz, lightweight easy to carry. Knife total length: 7.5 in, Blade Length: 3.5 in, Blade Thickness: 0.16 in.
Karambit Knife Buyer’s Guide
What was initially made to be used as a tool for farming, Karmabit knives have evolved a lot over the years, and today, they’re highly versatile and can be used for utility, combat, and even self-defense.
The design of these knives hasn’t changed much since they were first introduced a few thousand years ago (they’re believed to have been made by the Minangkabau people to look similar to the claw of a tiger), as modern karambit knives still feature curved blades and often have double-edges, today, they’re made of more advanced materials and are much more durable.
They offer boast more features. It’s because of the design and build of karambit knives that they have become such a widely used tool and weapon.
Whether you’re looking for a karmabit knife to use as a practical utility tool or you’re looking to get one for self-defense, there’s no doubt that you’re going to want to invest in the best option possible and one that will truly meet your needs. But finding the right karmabit knife can be a challenge.
There are so many different varieties out there that trying to choose the best one for your specific needs can seem like a daunting process. Have no fear! To help take the guesswork out of the equation (and save you a lot of time and frustration), we’ve done the research for you.
After scouring the internet and reading through dozens of descriptions, we’ve compared and contrasted dozens of karmabit knives. We’ve also read through countless customer reviews. Based on our assessments, we’ve narrowed down the options to what we believe to be the top karmabit knives currently available on the market.
Whether you’re planning on using it for survival tasks or self-defense, when it comes to purchasing a karambit knife, you want to be sure that the option you choose is well made, reliable, and that it will suit your needs. W
hile we highlighted some great options, you’re probably wondering how to narrow down the choices and pick the right one for you. In this section of our guide, we highlight some of the most important factors that you should take into consideration when you’re shopping for a karambit knife. By taking these factors into consideration, you will be able to select the tool and/or weapon that will best suit your needs.
First and foremost, you need to consider the type of karambit knife you want. There are three basic types:
- Fixed blade. As the name suggests, the blade of a fixed karambit knife is stationary, meaning that it can’t be folded down. As such, they are a better choice for those who are intending on using the knife for self-defense, as there’s less of a chance of mishaps and accidents.
- Folding blade. The blades of these types of karambit knives fold down into the handle, which makes for convenient storage. They’re also easier to transport and conceal. If you do opt for this style, make sure that the blade securely folds down, otherwise the blade could unexpectedly pop up, which could lead to serious issues.
- Butterfly karambit. With this style, the blade is curved and opens at the top. This is the design of a traditional karambit knife, and while it can be very powerful, you do have to contend with the curvature of the blade, which can be an issue when you’re trying to open it up.
Next, you’re going to want to consider the blade; after all, a karambit knife isn’t going to do you much good if the blade isn’t well-made. The best karambit knives are made of high-quality steels, including:
- High-carbon, which is easy to sharpen to a fine edge, but it does require a bit of maintenance in order to maintain the sharpness of the blade and prevent corrosion
- Stainless steel, which holds and edge well and requires minimal maintenance, but it can be brittle and sometimes it’s difficult to sharpen
The type of material depends on how much time you are willing to invest into maintaining the knife, as both high-carbon and stainless steel are good choices.
In addition to the blade, you’re also going to want to consider the handle. It should be designed so that it is comfortable to hold in bother a forward and a reverse grip and the finger ring should be able to fit over your index and small fingers with ease.
While it isn’t absolutely necessary, you may want to consider a handle that features a molded finger slots, as it can help you achieve a comfortable and more secure grip. Furthermore, the handle should be made of durable materials, such as natural wood or bone or high-quality synthetic materials.
You’ll also want to be sure that the knife you choose is well constructed. The blade and handle can be made of the highest quality materials, but if they aren’t joined together well, then the knife just isn’t going to hold up.
Full tang karambit knives are the best option, as the blade is secured all the way into the handle; however, partial tang and folding designs can also be well-constructed and may be more convenient for some.
The Length and Angle of the Blade
The shape of the blade on a karambit knife is always forward sweeping; however, the length and angle of the blades do vary. Generally speaking, longer blades are more lethal in combat, but due to the length, they can be difficult to conceal. Shorter blades, on the other hand, are easier to conceal, but they don’t offer as much reach, and therefore, they aren’t as lethal.
The Weight and Size
Lastly, you should consider the weight and size of the knife. The lighter the weight, the easier it will be to transport; however, it may be more difficult to gain control of a lighter weight knife.
The overall size of the knife is important, too, as it will impact storage and transport. The longer it is, the harder concealing the knife will be, so if you are using it for self-defense, a long knife may not be the best option for you.
Karambit Knife FAQs
Below, we provide answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about karambit knives.
What exactly is a karambit knife?
A karambit knife is a knife that features a curved blade and has been around for centuries. It was made to be used for hunting, self-defense, and survival. There’s a loop at the end, known as a protrusion ring, which is used to hold the index finger.
Is a karambit better for tactical purposes or as a tool?
It can be used as both. They have long been used as self-defense weapons, as well as cutting tools.
What can a karambit knife be used for?
A karambit knife can be used for a variety of activities. As mentioned, they can be used for self-defense in martial arts or just for everyday protection, or they can be used as hunting tools, as the blades are sharp enough for cutting through flesh and bone. They can also be used as survival tools, as they can cut through wood and various other materials, such as rope.
A karambit knife can be used as both a tool and a weapon. Whether you’re looking to purchase one for yourself or for someone else, with the information provided in this guide, you should be able to choose the best karambit knife that will meet your specific needs.